Originally Posted by broomd
We eat "meals" twice a day. Oatmeal/berries in the a.m. often with some warmed gatorade, a fiber bar/goo for lunch, and coucous, or a soup, etc. for dinner.
We all have a pocket of mini gobstoppers too. They work wonders for keeping the energy up and mouth wet.
I would think that 75% of the weight of all of our sheep/goat camp meals is simple water which springs right up near our annual camp.
It ain't pleasurable, but it's superlight.

And we do lose weight on the mountain, no way to get around that short of packing twice the food.
We sure talk about Fast Eddie's in Tok a lot! I wish I had a buck for every mention of that place on the sheep mountain.
We gorge there before and after every sheep hunt.

Sounds like we have similar diets on a hunt, but mine comes out to between 2 to 3 times the weight per day per person than what you got going on. 2 meals a day are likely over 8 oz combined right there.

But we have granola cereal (with powdered milk in it so just add water)in the morning, with some via coffee wink
Then 2 fiber bars per day, and a s mini pack of M&Ms and a Gu as in there as well, then each get a freeze dried dinner. All that adds up to around 1-1.25 pounds.

Heck at less than half pound per person per day for food on average, a cliff bar and a gu would be nearly half the weight of your food for that day so you are having meals that weigh the same or less than a cliff bar?

Are you running on around 800-1200 calories per day in the field? I'd start bonking if only eating that many calories and actively hiking and hauling a backpack around.