I too pack around 1.5 to 2 pounds of food per person. Most of the weight ends up as lunch snacks actually - hard salami, nuts, cheese and trio bars like stuff. For meals I generally cook Idahoan mash potatoes with a can of salmon or some sausage for breakfast, and red beans and rice type meals with sausage for dinner. I bring along peanut oil to supplement both meals. I also am not adverse to a couple cans of SPAM. SPAM is worth the weight and once when we lost the door to the woodstove we built a new one from a SPAM can - it saved the day.

I do not lose weight on long hunts, nor do I ever slow down. If I eat well I can go all day without stopping.

And regarding stove trade offs - I still carry a pocket rocket and canister to boil water, but with a light weight woodstove you really do not need to carry any propane. On a sheep hunt in the Brooks range we did all our cooking on the woodstove and found plenty of wood up to 4400 feet. On Kodiak you can generally find wood up to around 1800 feet (willow is best). So for trips over a week or so I would think the woodstove which weighs under 2 pounds would be the most weight effective.