I have the Kodiak 10x10. Great tents. I use mine alot for smaller hunts when I'll either be by myself or with a buddy. I've used it in pounding rain, high wind (25-35 mph), and small snow. The tent has been solid, waterproof, and roomy.

I also have a 14x16 canvas outfitter tent that I use in elk season. We could sleep 6 in the 14x16 but trying to live out of it with 6 guys for a week is going to be crowded. To me, 6 guys = 2 tents plus some way to store things that are not needed in the tent. The other thing you could do is use a 14x16 or similar to sleep in, another, or a canopy, to dry clothes, cook, hang out. With 6 guys I assume you'll be taking at least 2, 4WD vehicles. I'd suggest using them to store stuff. Or take an enclosed trailer to keep stuff. If the trailer is big enough, you could cook in it.

You also need to consider how to get elk home. A mature bull will fill a Coleman Extreme 150 qt cooler - if you bone most of it. There is also the issue of the rack. You can tie them onto something but 3-4 racks makes for creative securing to the vehicle.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.