That might be true. I think the 10x10 and 12x12 used to go on-sale every year too but that seems to have changed.

8x8 is a little cozy, depending on what you want/need.

For myself, my wife, and 2 young kids the 8x8 is just fine for car camping. But we're camping in mild weather, sleeping on the ground with pads. When I'm solo, the 8x8 is easy to set-up by myself and gives me plenty of room for storage. As a hunting shelter, its a 2-man tent. You can fit 2 cots in there with a little bit of extra room (pic below might give you an idea of space). Not much room for chairs though. You might be able to squeeze in an extra cot. The vestibule is fairly large... 4'x8' I believe.

Might not be as bombproof as an Artic Oven or Bombshelter but mine has withstood some heavy winds and weather. First night I used it was during a hellacious storm near Hell's Canyon. Tentsite was somewhat exposed with extreme wind and heavy rain. There was literally a stream running under my tent. I've used floorless tents in the past so am careful about site selection but this site was limited. Not a drop of water entered the tent. Haven't had any problems since either.

For the money I'm very happy with the 8x8 XWT. For my needs its easy to set up, easy to heat, and low profile for high winds. If I needed more room, I'd consider the 12x12.

[Linked Image]