Ziggy, my family (me, wife, 7-year old, 5-year old) uses a 10x14 Flexbow for family camping. We all use cots. We can fit full size cots for my wife and I (the Cabela's Alaska Guide cots), and 2 smaller aluminum framed cots for the kids (the ones that sit lower to the ground), with a path to walk between all the cots.

For 6 guys you'll probably want 2 10x14 Flexbows if you want to use cots. If you're sleeping on the ground you'd probably fit, but your stuff might not fit if you have a regular hunting amount of stuff. You could store it in your truck, but 2 tents and cots would make a much more comfortable camp.

As for the construction, we don't go out in really challenging weather. We did bring my wife's dog once, a pug. It was cold enough the pug was cold. My wife was a little cold, the kids and I were fine. But I judge the tent to be well constructed, and I would take it to elk camp without hesitation. I also have a tent heater to take the chill out of the air in the morning before I get out of my sleeping bag. The tent heater runs about 10 minutes/day.