Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by GunGeek
If you really buy off on this, then you really haven't thought things through. Yeah what he says is probably true. But if there wasn't the man made carbon in the atmosphere, then the volcanoes would have far less effect, if any at all. This article is directly pointed at someone who already has his mind made up, and not really interested in science, but something to confirm his pre-conceived notions.

The way I look at it, it is the height of man's hubris to say that he has no impact on the environment and hence weather.

On the flip side, it is the height of man's arrogance to claim that he has even the slightest inkling as to all the factors that affect the climate and how man's actions affect the climate.

There is also the greatest of ironies that without modern technology man would not have the instruments and computers to measure the climate and evaluate those measurements.

As to the "purity" of science, every scientist has an agenda. His or her research is limited in scope to either fall into line with what is politically popular to gain grant or university funding, or it is limited to what a corporation deems what is evaluated to provide a commercial profit and hence to garner R&D funding.

Well that's a cute little arguement, but it flies in the face of the actual science.

Here's what I find interesting. How people on the right are very quick to accept non climate change "science". But when it's science that points to climate change, suddenly they're all a bunch of agenda driven scam artists.

That right there tells me you're not interested in science, but supporting your pre-conceived notions.

I give props to the Koch brothers. When their hired gun did his study and concluded that climate change is both real and man caused, they had the ballz to accept it and move on.