EdM, Many years ago I had the fantasy that I would hunt Africa and Alaska. I wanted a rifle that was plenty adequate for what may be required. I'm also stuck with the opinion that if you use one(1) rifle exclusively(I know, boring)that you may have a slight edge when making a shot in less than desireable conditions. I wanted something that had some horsepower, ammo availability, legal in Africa for dangerous game, relatively flat shooting, and maybe just a little history(romance). I bought my first .375 H&H around 1982. While I still have it, it's retired. Upon moving to Wyoming, and still wanting to use the .375, I decided that a lighter, flatter shooting rifle would be pretty handy hunting and hiking steep, big country around here. So in'89 I had a semi-custom (less than 9 lbs.,scoped,loaded, and slung).375 AI built. Still haven't, and probably never will see Africa or Alaska, but that .375 AI is my only hunting rifle. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024