Lil,Gun turned a .357 into a soldering iron, 12 shots and I could not touch the barrel. Freedom will not warranty a gun shot with the stuff. It has no flame suppressor coating. It was made for the .410 shotgun.
4227 was used by most IHMSA shooters in the .44 mag so I tried it. I shot the best 200 meter group with it working a load. But at a shoot in hot weather I kept hitting lower and lower and primers got dead flat. At 200 meters I was 16 clicks over normal and hit 50 meters short with the last shot. I reduced the load, same problem. I changed to 296 and won Ohio state with 79 out of 80, last ram miss was my fault.
I used 4227 in the .357 max and shot a 39 out of 40 with no sight settings using a new Ruger out of box.
As calibers change so does powder results.
Seeing such things makes me stay away from some powders in other guns also.
Those that shot 4227 from the .44 on the line did the most cussing. You shoot five shots and call it good, how about 40 or 80? How about the hot days and sun? If I still had the max, it would be my powder but it will never go in my .44.
If you think Lil'Gun only does damage at high pressures, I am not going there because Lil'Gun generates lower pressures to start with. The pressure range and accuracy is good but it is HOT burning. All powders can exceed the melting point of steels but Lil'Gun does not let the steel absorb it and radiate it away fast enough.
Do what you want to, it is your gun after all.
Call me an SOB and dispute but things I never promote is to go over pressures or damage a gun in any way.
The rich man-poor man enters all the time too, some have 10 Freedoms or 20 Rugers while a man has ONE Ruger that took forever to buy. He wants the gun to shoot and last his lifetime. Don't blow smoke about what you do all the time without knowledge.