Originally Posted by SNAP

Brad, that HUBBA HUBBA HP is about the slickest little rig for old gimps like me that I have yet seen. I would buy one, but, have some rifles I have lusted after for years just become available and I am a total gun slut.

I agree, tho', that looks like what you call "The Schizzle" for a solo backpacker and like it would work in most crappy weather, especially if sheltered in second growth young timber to mitigate really harsh winds.

That said, I am thrilled to find the CF replacement pole sets for my two ID tents as they are no longer made and one of mine is slightly bent...thanks, bud!

No problem Dewey. Happy to help an old fart!

Would say, while I don't have the Hubba Hubba HP, I've used my Hubba HP (solo version) above timberline in 50+ mph winds and driving rain without a problem. It's about the most waterproof tent I've ever had.

I'd agree its profile likely doesn't make it ideal for 100 mph winds coming sideways, but good guying make it perfectly fine for lesser. All in all it's a fine mountain tent for the needs being expressed on this thread, and I like the non-mesh design of the HP version in colder weather.

I have a Hubba Hubba (non HP/mesh version) as well, but that's more for summer backpacking with my wife. However, can't see any fault using it into the fall either.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery