So basically you want resident hunters to take the hit?

It sounds like the sheep are the ones taking the hit...

You all are blessed to have so many species at your disposal. Consider yourselves fortunate. My moose permit in CO is a once-in-a-lifetime permit. 1 and I'm done. Let's talk about sheep, goats, and prime units for deer, elk, and pronghorn. I'll take a hit there because I can't hunt those every year. I can hunt elk and deer every year but not in the best units. I'm okay with that. As hunters, we need to be conservationists too.

I am originally from Kansas where I hunted whitetails. I hunted bucks every year but never shot one every year. I could have but it's about age structure. One needs to be okay with tag soup. As I get older, I get a real sense of pleasure passing on a 3.5 140" buck that some guy from the NE would be drooling over. It's just part of the game.

It's obvious that changes need to be made. Unfortunately, these changes will negatively affect residents and some NRs. If the biologists come back and say this is what is best for the state's herd and is necessary, I support this change. I love and respect the animals I hunt. Their future is what I find most important.

Last edited by kscowboy01; 02/17/15.