Originally Posted by ghost
I for one believe that residents also should have to pay for something like a sheep tag, where the sheep a special animal, that's highly desireable. No reason for someone be going out every year and shooting another sheep. If a resident had to pay a $150 or so for a tag, would perhaps place more value on it. I've told folks in Colorado the same thing. If I have to pay $500 for an elk tag, a resident should have to pay a $100, not $5 or $50. Md. is filthy with deer, we're allowed 40 each, but a NR is only going to pay $250.00 for a full tag here, because other states charge our folks that much. We have to pay about $50-$75 here for a hunting license, that includes deer. If Dall sheep going to be considered a trophy animal, as opposed to say Caribou, with is both, then it (sheep) should be a trophy animal for everyone, and priced accordingly. I don't think anyone going out and shooting sheep for subsistence food.

You bring up a ton of really good points... but you do need to realize there are legit subsistence sheep hunters. It was an animal viewed as food for a long time and it is good food.

But the next problem is "how much" to charge for a resident sheep tag... we only charge residents $25 in the best brown bear areas in the state. The rest are free... Few confuse brown bear with food...

I am not being a smart ass here... your points are good and valid, just asking how much...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.