Originally Posted by bigblock455
Traditional muzzleloading isnt dead, YOU just have to get off your ass and start doing it. Its no harder than any other kind of hunting.

Bingo!

Far be it for me to castigate a man for choosing to hunt with an inline (no matter how much I may privately disdain them). When I elect to sally forth with a ML I choose for it to be a traditional side lock, rifle or shotgun, because I feel it contributes to my feeling of connectedness to the days of yore. A scoped inline is nothing more nor less than a very efficient modern killing machine- albeit one that loads via the muzzle, one shot at a time. Using a "traditional" ML simply adds another dimension to the challenge of ML hunting, one that I relish and one that I fear a youngster who bypassed the "old ones" and went straight to the inlines is sorely missing (and doesn't even know it).

I bet in another couple of generations you'll find guys waxing nostalgic for the days of scoped Remington 700 inlines and X-Boxes, and such. Progress? Not for me to say, and if I did say my opinion would be worth a cup of warm spit.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty