I hear that, I'm 47 and in the best shape of my life. I love to wander the mountains. I get a kick out of out-walking guys half my age - but the goal is to see what I can see. Wanderlust it believe it's called. I've been a bowhunter for 30 years and fairly successful. I've always said give a successful bowhunter a rifle and its only a matter of time. Killing a mule deer or elk with a high power rifle is not difficult. Killing a trophy is extremely difficult and nearly impossible on public lands due to the minimal number of truly big animals - so killing a nice buck with a limited range weapon adds challenge and keeps meat in the freezer and still comes with a nice feeling of satisfaction. I had a miss fire on an antelope a few years ago - would have been a slam dunk with about any other weapon, but I just smiled and moved on. Knowing that just because you get the shot, you may not get the critter adds to the fun.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope