Kodiak,
<br>
<br>Just to make a clearer "picture" for you, I will try to make it more clear, so you can understand what the type of "woods" I am talking about. Maybe then you will have a better understanding. When I am talking hardwoods, I am talking 40 to 50 foot tall trees, some may even be higher. It is rare to see a limb less then 15 feet from the ground. The summer foilage on the tops of the trees are reaching for the available sunlight, therefor there is almost no growth on the ground, since the sun rarely gets to ground level. The tree's are anywhere from 10 feet to 30 feet apart. In the summer, when all the leaves are on, you would be hard pressed to find any sun reaching the ground. Since the only thing on the ground in the late fall are dead leaves, no bush of any kind one can SEE with their naked eyes anything and everything on the ground. Sitting or standing very still in these woods you can SEE, with your naked eyes, squirrels moving about, even at long distances.
<br>
<br>Perhaps I didn't list enough info to make a "picture" for you.
<br>
<br>I never said there was a right or wrong way to hunt. I did say there are many different methods employed based on the terrain. It isn't "MY" way of hunting these hardwoods. It IS however the most productive way of hunting these hardwoods. If you came here, hunted these hardwoods using your binocs you could place yourself as one of those non-successfull hunters. While you are looking through your binocs, the deer runs off, and you never have the opportunity to kill it. Unless, you have found a way to kill a deer watching it through binocs. If you have discovered a way to do that I would be more then interested in hearing it.
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove