Pointer,
<br>
<br>First off, I hate "pissing match's" and have no desire to get into one with you or anybody else.
<br>
<br>I don't beleive I ever said that binos are of no use in ALL circumstances. I agree, in some cases, as I have said many times, that binocs are usefull and do help. I tried to identify a specific case or cases where binocs add nothing, in fact detract from being successfull.
<br>
<br>In answer to your question. If I saw something moving, in the woods, at 300 yards, and wasn't sure what it was I would either wait till it got close enough to see it or just watch it walk away. If it IS a hunter, they would be easy to see since ALL hunters here wear "blaze orange" as required by law. There are very few times when something is 300 yards away that one could get a bullet to it, in the woods, so it is of no use to get the scope on it, knowing what it is. I would watch it, see where it is going, hopefully closer to SEE it well enough to identify it, then IF it was a deer I would then get my rifle ready in a lane HOPING it would walk into that lane for me to kill it.
<br>Even if I used binocs to see it and identify it it really wouldn't do me any good if I couldn't get a bullet to it, would it?
<br>
<br>I hear the part about seeing so many hunters on public property versus deer. In the national forest (public hunting land) one often times will see many more hunters then deer.
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove