Originally Posted by Skatchewan
LOl, I get that people reload. The question is, if you didn't...what makes the Interbond so much better than the Power Max?
What makes the TSX or GMX so much better than the Power-core, that people are willing to pay such a premium.

I can't answer the question. I'd have to shoot both into game a number of times various distances and angles and game size to answer the question

In the meantime, I pay for Barnes, since its the closest to perfect performance I've ever seen in my life, for the results I desire. Hence I'm not looking at others and likely will have to read some astounding results to even think about trying others at this point.

I do have other bullets and use them for specific other uses, but can and do run TSX or ttsx in the same calibers I play with other bulelts.

Typically the only time I go away from Barnes is to Berger and that only for long range shooting....like 308/185s expand nicely so far on game out to 732 yards and while I'd do it with a TSX the 185s are a bit more accurate and expand a bit more than the TSX does at that range and have a better BC..

As far as cost, ammo is the LEAST of my worry cost wise, especially in hunting ammo. I don't think I've hunted any year where I've shot a full round of 20 shots. That includes the optional pig/varmint these days while deer hunting.
Just not enough to worry about.

And when I practice, I do it with a 22 anyway if at all. I don't shoot as much as I did... but many years of 20,000 rounds of 223 through the loader and guns, well its kinda natural to shoot well today without practice. Not that practice hurts but I've not seen me failing enough to worry about.

And if I were factory and needed to practice, I'd do like I did with a bow.. shoot field tips all year, resight for broadheads a few weeks out....shoot cheapest ammo and sigth for premium before season....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....