Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
BC 30 Cal, Indeed I am here. -34 celcius last week, and I had to work outside in it. Brrr.. We don't pronounce it Sasakatchewan, it's Skatchewan, lol. As you know. Hence the user name. Thanks for your replies.

I see the topic is drifting into handload vs factory.

Let me clarify with this scenario:

If you have to buy factory ammo (for whatever reason - humor me please) why would you buy TSX, GMX or E-tip over Power-core, Razor Boar XT, when the last 2 cost 30% less?

If you want bonded why buy Interbond, Accubond...over Power-core, Fusion, etc...at 30% less.

Hope this helps. Just bored on a Sunday morning.

If I may answer your question with a question:

Why would you use a newish, unproven bullet design (in the case of the Winnie stuff) over one with a proven track record, just to save 30%?

It often takes a while for manufacturers to tweak new bullets to where they are reliable and accurate. Barnes bullets had some issues early on, but now are considered one of the very best. As someone else remarked, if you know something works, why piddle around with new stuff, potentially wasting your money and risking poor performance in the field, when you are happy with what you use now, again to save a couple bucks.

Fair question. I DO reload, and I DO reload Interbonds and have Accubonds, Partitions, Rem Corelock Ultra on hand. But this new stuff may prove to be as good, at less bucks. I guess if they don't offer it in components, the point is moor for a handloader, but maybe not for others.