Skatchewan;
Top of the morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and if you're living in or near your handle then hopefully you're keeping warm.

I'll note that it's "only" -13° in Yorkton - near where we farmed - this morning. eek

This year I needed to pick up a box of factory ammo for the first time in decades - long story but the gunsmith rebarreling a rifle asks for it. Anyway the cheapest box of 6.5x55 I could find in Kelowna was a cool $46 plus, plus of course - so it was $51.52 all in which means $2.58 every time the trigger is pulled.

If I could have found Winchester ammo for 2/3 that I most surely would have sent that to the smith, but it still would make for $1.71 a shot.

So if we're going to continue looking at this from a purely financial angle, I can still reload either TTSX or GMX for the Swede for right about $1.32 per round. While it's maybe not a huge savings at $0.40 a round, I still get a "free" shot every 3-5 rounds depending upon how I want to figure in the cost of my time and equipment.

Speaking personally though, the largest plus of handloading our own ammo is that we are able to produce larger lots of it - tailored to specific rifles - which of course by definition factory ammo can never be.

Anyway sir that's just one former flat lander's thoughts on the matter this still Sunday morning and as always only worth what it costs to read. wink

All the best to you this March.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"