Originally Posted by Skatchewan
LOl, I get that people reload. The question is, if you didn't...what makes the Interbond so much better than the Power Max?
What makes the TSX or GMX so much better than the Power-core, that people are willing to pay such a premium.

Those who choose not to reload are the same people who may buy a particular rifle brand chambered in a cartridge that was recommended by a friend or magazine article without ever doing any research for themselves to see what else might be available. They'll typically buy a 270 or 30/06 because that's what their buddy had success with. Or, they will take the word of a less than knowledgeable person at a gun sales counter who thinks they know because they work there.

The same goes for bullet choices. So, they may choose the bullets you mentioned in commercial loads based on the same input as mentioned & never once give a second thought to what's better....or worse.

In the 70's, Remington offered Bronze Point ammunition. In my hunting circle, if you weren't sporting bronze point loads you needed to get a clue. For commercial loads, Remington Core Lokt's worked without fail every time I pulled the trigger. But, I didn't hunt Texas WT's with a 300 Wby stoked with bronze points so I was not invited back. They didn't approve of my Norma ammo nor my 220 Swift.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.