I've done it several times, and have gotten away from a two load approach. It is essential that the two loads shoot to the same POI!!!!

I took two loads along one time years ago with plans to switch them to fit close cover or ridge to ridge shooting. I never changed ammo in the rifle. It was a small mental distraction that degraded my efficiency slightly, and not worth any possible advantage -- to me.

In serious grizzly country I have hunted caribou, moose and sheep at the same time when any any could present a short notice shot. (Popped up on a previously unseen ram at 125 yards during a sneak on a caribou.) On one such hunt I kept a 180 grain Swift A-frame first in line in my 30-06, with 165 Hornady Interbonds following. I shot one caribou with a 180 and a 165. After a day or two, I dropped that two bullet approach.

Nowadays I tend to load my preference for the biggest baddest critter present and shoot everything down to mice with it. Shot a dinky fork horn blacktail at 20 feet with 180 Swift A-frame.

Yet I like the 165 bullet for deer in 30-06 so have hunted whitetails in grizz country in recent years loaded only with the 165 Hornady-- and had a grizzly come to where I was gutting a buck and circle around me.

Long personal story to agree that simple one load is preferred for most of us. Your call for you.