I do it but there's no strategic logic to it and I don't pick one for up close and one for "way out there". I use both interchangeably..... sometimes. They do the same things and there isn't any hunting task that I'd try with a BBC that I wouldn't do with the same weight Partition.

Most any of my rifles will shoot to the same POI with Nosler Partitions, or Bitterroots from 100-500 yards.Obviously I've long since confirmed this from years of shooting both.

Present examples are my 270 with 130 NP's and BBC's; 7 Rem Mags with 140 NP's and 140 BBC's. My Mashburn tosses 160 NP's and 160 BBC's the same place to 400 yards from the same sight setting.

Actually that rifle throws the 160 Partition 1/2" higher at 100 yards than the 162 Amax,both started at roughly the same velocity.By the time they get to 300 through 600 yards the higher sight setting of the Partition makes up for the higher BC of the Amax,and I could kill a buck with either one out to 600 yards, where they group together.

On hunts I'll sometimes take 30 Partitions and 10 BBC's. I didn't over think any of this...it just worked out this way.

It's just a question of shooting to confirm all this and you can't stop at 100 yards.Has to be done to longest distance you will shoot to see how your rifle behaves.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.