Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Always amazing how this subject (and especially Echols rifles) always ends up in a discussion of the meaning of "worth." Especially when so many Campfire members claim to be firm believers in capitalism, yet apparently don't believe in charging whatever price the market will bear.

If we want to limit everything to "inherent" worth, then a bushel of wheat is worth more than a Holland & Holland shotgun without any ammo, because if things get desperate and we can't trade or sell the H&H we'll starve. But we can eat the wheat.

Agree with you. In reality money is not the issue relating to certain products that fetch the highest price possible. Take for example Loveless's knives; collectors just want his knives and pay exorbitant sums of money for them. I have seen a set of very old and used Loveless steak knives that are nothing fancy, but cost several thousands of Dollars. I have also seen some modern Samurai sword (made in recent years), that fetch over a $million, and sometimes several millions.

A lot of us have dreams that later in life, when we can afford it some become a reality. Now, I was thinking about a D'arcy "Legend" rifle in .338WM caliber back when it cost around $5,000, but I took too long and lost my opportunity. Now his rifles are way too expensive smile