Originally Posted by Stump Buster
Well, since this was tagged, I'll post a quick update...

Went to the range on Thursday and fireformed some brass and then got a notice from Midway that the TAC-TX's were in stock on Friday night, so I ordered a box of 50 to try out.

All of the cases have a bulge near the case head that makes extraction sticky. For those of you who have had the re-chamber done, is this normal? I really had to pry each case out. I was hoping the extraction would be a little better. I was too busy to call MGM on Friday to get their take on it and may not be able to call them until Tuesday. I hope there's a fix, because extracting cases with tools is not what I hoped for with this re-chamber. I will say accuracy with factory 170gr 30-30 loads was excellent!!! I hope the reloads perform even better.

I didn't take target pics, but I'll snap a few shots of the cases and post them this week so you can see where the cases are bulging.

All the Best,

Mike

Bulged factory ammo? You may have to load up new brass with the bullet crammed into the lands so there is no room for the non fireformed brass to wiggle around when fired.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!