[Linked Image]

Hey Guys,

Got a chance to take a few pics today. You can see in the picture that the cases are bulging just in front of the case head in one spot (I think it's the 12 0'clock position in the barrel, but I'll have to confirm that on the next trip to the range). The five cases circled in the picture show the bulge on the right side if the case and the other five cases have the bulge facing the rear to show it's just on one part of the case. The bulge is causing the case to stick in the chamber and I have to pry the cases out (so far, my fingernails have been tough enough, but I had to use both index fingers on either side of the case rim to generate enough leverage to pull them out). Is there a simple fix for this or do I need a new barrel? How much potential for case head separation is there with this much stretching? I don't imagine it's possible to add material to the chamber to fill the bulged area. Is there a way to make the chamber more uniform in this area without creating a higher potential for case head separation due to fatigue of that part of the case? I know it's a single shot and not a repeater, but I was hoping extraction would be easy and the cases would be more uniform.

Again, I'm very happy with HOW the barrel is shooting, I'm just concerned about case life and the difficult case removal.

Any help/advice is appreciated,

Mike

PS - 10gaugemag, are you saying that I should still try and bush the bullets into the lands even though this AI chamber headspaces on the rim? I can do that, but I'm not sure how it will help with this particular issue. I can also try a different brand of 30-30 ammo to see if it's consistent with different case manufacturers. I was using PMC ammo(so the cases would be different from the factory Remington brass I use for loading in my other 30-30's). I think I might have a box of Federal ammo I could try too. If I can, I'll head back out next week and try to ID exactly where the bulge is in relation to the chamber and see if firing different brands of brass results in the same situation. THANKS AGAIN for the replies!