When I lived in Alaska, I carried an M71 (Browning) that I rebarrelled to .375/348 Imp with a 20" barrel, because it mounted so quickly that I believed there was nothing that would point like it. It has a Williams receiver-sight on it and I still have it. I carried it in case something BIG happened to pop out of the brush. I lived in SE Alaska, so anyone who has been there will know my thoughts.
I like to chase rabbits here in Nevada with an M94 .25/35 Imp, and it has a Redfield receiver-sight on it. I can shoot out to about 200 yards reliably (at a sitting rabbit). Here it is quite possible to see that far.
I also use an M92 (Rossi) .256 WinMag with a Lyman tang-sight, for rabbits. At 67years, if (when) I miss, it's not the sights.
Recently, I was "gifted" an M99 takedown, like Steelhead's, but mine is a .250/3000. (I wish it were in as good a shape as his...I'm gonna have to restock it) I has the factory buckhorn, and I'll prolly leave it alone. It's dropped a LOT of northeastern Nevada mulie bucks in it's time.
The rest of my rifles are customs, mostly Mausers, built for special purposes, from predator calling, through ground-squirrel, to big game like longer-ranged (300 yards at unmolested Deer) to grizzly and Elk/Moose. None have iron sights. They each have a scope that is appropriate for what it seeks. Several have low- to medium-power scopes with Lee dots that vary from 2 1/2x to 6x with 1moa to 4moa.
I used to have scopes with 2x4s(flat-topped posts) for woodsy-type huntin', but the Lees have replaced them.
I believe the reticle is more important than the power. The idea of only having one focal-field is great. Ya can SEE.
Have fun,
Gene