Not necessarily. That age range is when it hit me, and at age 62 with very myopic vision and old folks' short range focus issues I still function quite well with iron sights. Several approaches can work.

Do what I did and consult your optometrist for help. Since I wear contacts in lieu of glasses (and put on reading glasses over top of them to, well, read), he advised a couple of things:
A) He gave me a contact to wear in my dominant (right) eye that altered me to focus to arm's length (somehow), and keep the target in acceptable focus which allows shooting a pistol.
B) He suggested utilizing apertures to focus the light. That can mean a special purpose aperture attached to my shooting glasses (or even just a piece of tape with a tiny hole in it, slapped on the shooting glasses lens in front of my dominant eye), or adopting tang/receiver sights for rifle shooting (with adjustable irises or selections of discs with different diameter apertures, to adapt to varying light conditions).
C) While wearing contacts for basic vision correction, slip on a pair of low power el-cheapo reading glasses, 1.00x or 1.25x, to allow short range focusing of sights and still retain an acceptably focused target. That's the system I use when shooting an iron sighted .22 or a primitive muzzle loader and it works surprisingly well. I even use this trick when hunting with a primitive muzzle loader, by perching the glasses down on the tip of my nose while hunting and pushing them up in front of my eyes with my stock-gripping thumb as I shoulder the rifle to shoot. A little practice makes that motion second nature.

Are these tricks a panacea for failing vision? No, but they work pretty well and serve to keep me in the shooting game using equipment that I most prefer for personal reasons.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty