The cartridge is one thought up for a specific purpose and gun. T/C Contender, hogs and other pests. The mould was step 2; the muffler process began a few months back. The reamer is being crafted by Pacific Tool & Guage as I hunt and peck. Redding for dies, Bullberry will do the barrel, likely 18" in length.

With a little luck it will do MOA at 100 yards or less, target MV 1050 fps or a bit less. Couple of issues that led to the case design: looking for fairly high load density with the objectives listed, a longish neck for the soft lead bullet.

I think the idea of a supersonic load in a suppressed gun is a bit of an oxymoron. Really isn't, but here in the close quarters I work precision is my friend and FPE a very distant concern. In consideration of dimenishing sprint and climbing abilities I opt for something a bit more aggressive than CB shorts for whacking hogs and such. Here in Floriduh last fall they made it legal to hunt with suppressed guns, so the path was fairly obvious to me.

A fellow here at the 'Fire ran some numbers thru Quickload awhile back based on the .30 carbine case and 180 grain bullets. Case capacity is slightly different (less) with that case, but close enough to give ballpark numbers for charge/pressures/velocity. Looked at a number of cases as a parent, .32 variations, .30 carbine, even the .32 WSL and .32-20. Looked at the .30 Badger, .30 Reece and finally settled on the .357 as parent for several reasons not especially important. One was my sincere desire to stay out if the supersonic realm. Don't care much for powder rattling around in empty space so I went off on my own tangent. At present I have preliminary data for a half dozen powders that will provide the target velocity at 80% load density or greater.

The bullet is a plain base design and the mould was spec'd for 30:1 alloy. My way of saying it won't be rode hard with any success and hard alloy will bump the diameter up slightly. The grease grooves are small, .015 wide and .010 deep. My intention is to tumble lube with variations of the ALOX goop and put a wax lube on it rather than grease. Packing a suppressor with grease or gas checks is not a good idea.

Given that, anyone wanting a small sample, send a PM with mailing address and the alloy mix you're looking for. If I can kluge that up I'll send some your way w/o charge on a small scale, say 25-30 bullets. $10/100+ shipping one a one time basis.

Steve Brooks can modify the mould design to accommodate gas checks or alloy variations I'd think...drop of a hat.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain