Hmmm. I have a small Martini (well two actually) that I acquired with the intent of transforming into small something-or-others. One is getting the Hornet treatment and the other? Thoughts leaning toward a made to order cast bullet shooter for 100yd. paper punching. I had looked at the "standard" .30-.357 and didn't like the short-ish neck. The .30-20 was getting the most votes among my (rapidly dwindling) brain cells, until I saw this.

Will your new reamer cut a throat configured for this bullet? Rate of twist you settled on for the barrel?

A wise man told me a long time ago that when paper punching a bullet only has to make it as far as the target, which has driven my choice in a couple of cartridge selections. I wouldn't contemplate shooting any animals with it, nor do I need to be very quiet. What I do need is to start out either sub-sonic or start out high enough over that threshold so as not to drop under on the way to the tareget. That long relatively heavy bullet would look to fill the bill in the first count, and the case should fill the bill (with lighter bullets perhaps?) for the second.

You may get a PM from me. At the very least I still think that bullet would make a pretty fair low vel candidate for use in the Springfield.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty