Experienced with moulds from Mos (3), Hoch (1), and now Brooks so far as the casting goes. They are all very good moulds in all regards, but I've not had one quite as uneventful as the Brooks.

One a road trip at the moment but will touch base with you on particulars a bit later and see what kind of alchemy we can cook up. FWIW I've achieved fairly high velocities with plain base bullets in the .25-20, say 1600 fps. Given proper fit you might top that with a mix I call my 1.5 alloy. It has an air cooled BHN of 9-10.

Card wads are quite useful. Sometimes. laugh

Will be in touch.

Mathman, when I get settled this evening I'll toss a pic your way to illustrate how soft alloy behaves amidst meat and bone. Flat nose bullets have a place certainly but there is no free ride or magic in the mix. BC takes a hit for example.

If you want to make big holes in stuff with a .38 try the Hornady 148 HBWC loaded backwards. Funny stuff that is. Use about 3.0 of Bullseye, very mild crimp

D

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain