Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Ed, it might be that, I am not familiar with the cartridge at all. They are intended for the .30 Sneezer. Or Geezer? Something like that.

The .30-40 Krag was built around a 220 gr RN bullet. It has a long neck, ~0.485", and really loves cast bullets.

My Contender Carbine has a 1:10" twist, .308" bore and really likes 180gr-200gr cast bullets (20:1?) @ 1,500-1,900fps. One issue with using some of the older .308 caliber cast bullets in most "modern" .30 caliber guns is the greater number of grease grooves, causing them to seat the bullet way down, past the neck and into the powder space.

Your cartridge's long neck should grip that bullet perfectly. I have a .30 Reece case sitting in front of me now. I met Mr. Reece at the Wanamacher's Gun Show in Tulsa a few year ago and we talked a bit about this type of cartridge and it's potential.
He collaborates with MGM to make barrels for his creations.

I can't wait to see the results!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell