Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Ah, how should this impact our Constitution and our laws? Easy; only real property owners (i.e., real estate) who are full citizens are allowed to vote or hold office. Senators are appointed by state governors and confirmed by state legislatures, not by direct vote.

In other words, the way the Constitution was written.

This cuts out the "gimme" segment of the population from being a major voting block, has only those with actual skin in the game making the laws, and holds Senators accountable to the states they are supposed to represent.

Any disparate impact due to race or whatever else is mitigated by work and effort, not by freebie programs and governmental slavery.

Agree again! wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I would like to say its the breakdown of the black family unit in America. Honestly though what country are blacks thriving in? The answer may simply be a tribal mentality?

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JamesJr,

If one has ever read the books written by the early African explorers, as I have, then you will get an insight into why Blacks are as they are today. They found the African people to be much like American Blacks are today.....lazy, shiftless, and leading lives that revolved around such things as murdering other natives, stealing their women, and doing as little as possible.

As recently as thirty years ago a friend of mine went to Africa. While there he wanted to get me some sort of gift. He decided on a spear. After he chose the spear the craftsman asked,
"Would you like to break it in so it will be a good gift?"
"How do we do that?" he asked.
"We sneak into a neighboring village and kill someone," the craftsman offered
"Nevermind," he said.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I am from the South and a lot of the things I have read in this thread really hit home, I have never felt any guilt about things that happened 150 years ago. It is what it is.
I just get tired of blacks always blaming someone else especially whites for all their problems. It has always amazed me about the United States. We have formally been a country for only 250 years, but look how far technically and
other ways we have come. Africans have a few years on us in that respect and they still can not even feed themselves over there. That is just my opinion. I have quite a bit of American Indian, namely Choctaw in my DNA, and Indians have been screwed over quite a bit in America's past. But, you don't see them blaming the white man for every problem they have.You have to do what you can and not depend on someone else for everything like some do.

Heart of Dixie
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This article explains a lot:

ESSAY BY A TEACHER IN A BLACK HIGH SCHOOL

Snippets from article:

The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you’re dreaming. This is important, so I’m happy to repost – indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.

Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.

The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like “chaotic” or “poor learning environment” or “lack of discipline” do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.

At some level, my students understand the same thing. One day I asked the bored, black faces staring back at me. “What would happen if all the white people in America disappeared tomorrow?”

“We screwed,” a young, pitch-black boy screamed back. The rest of the blacks laughed.

I have had children tell me to my face as they struggled with an assignment. “I cain’t do dis,” Mr. Jackson. “I black.”

The point is that human beings are not always rational. It is in the black man’s interest to have whites in Zimbabwe but he drives them out and starves. Most whites do not think black Americans could ever do anything so irrational. They see blacks on television smiling, fighting evil whites, embodying white values. But the real black is not on television, and you pull your purse closer when you see him, and you lock the car doors when he swaggers by with his pants hanging down almost to his knees.

For those of you with children, better a smaller house in a white district than a fancy one near a black school.

I have been in parent-teacher conferences that broke my heart: the child pleading with his parents to take him out of school; the parents convinced their child’s fears are groundless. If you love your child, show her you care — not by giving her fancy vacations or a car, but making her innocent years safe and happy. Give her the gift of a not-heavily black school.

Last edited by ConradCA; 12/30/15.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jesse Jackson

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
you'd think black parents would wretch their hearts out seeing how poorly their children do in school.. how they don't like to even have to think to accomplish a task...

they can give a thousand reasons why they can't do something before they can come up with one reason why they can succeed..

you'd think that would bother black parents...but as one high school teacher told me... the kids he sees daily and think they are a social disaster... totally changes his mind, when he sees the parents that come to pick up these kids when they have been kicked out of school for something...

he wonders how well these kids actually are turned out so far, if the people picking them up are an example of their home environments....

This was an observation is a Predominantly White School...

can't imagine how much worse it has to be in an interurban black school...

many black folks in the south weren't like this, from my memories as a kid.. it all changed with the 1964 Civil Rights Act....

take a look at a black teen or 20 something's obit when they are killed... as they list all of their brothers, sisters, the 8 or 9 kids they have fathered, how many "step fathers" they have.. try and keep track of all the different last names of just brother and sisters...

yet when it comes to grand parents, people who were adult blacks before 1964, most often, they have two sets of married black grandparents.. who have been married 50 plus years...

before 1964, blacks had a strong concept of family, and accomplishment and understood opportunity... the 1964 Civil Rights Act, championed by LBJ robbed black america of that...even Johnson summed up the real reason for it...

" we'll have them N*^gers voting DemocRAT for the next 200 years..."

problem number one with Black America is not the responsibility of the Afro Community, the stage was set by White Liberals who didn't have a damned thing in mind for benefiting Black America...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
. . . “What would happen if all the white people in America disappeared tomorrow?”

“We screwed,” a young, pitch-black boy screamed back. The rest of the blacks laughed.

It is in the black man’s interest to have whites in Zimbabwe but he drives them out and starves. . . . But the real black is not on television, and you pull your purse closer when you see him, and you lock the car doors when he swaggers by with his pants hanging down almost to his knees.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

before 1964, blacks had a strong concept of family, and accomplishment and understood opportunity... the 1964 Civil Rights Act, championed by LBJ robbed black america of that...even Johnson summed up the real reason for it...

I think it was LBJ's war on the poor that was responsible for the creation of the Ghetto Gangster culture. Ending LBJ's war on the poor is required to cure this disaster. Force those who are able bodied and on welfare to find jobs and they will start to take responsibility for their lives. In addition, we need to implement 3 strikes and your out in order to throw repeat felons in prison permanently so they can't serve as roll models.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

I think it was LBJ's war on the poor that was responsible for the creation of the Ghetto Gangster culture. Ending LBJ's war on the poor is required to cure this disaster. Force those who are able bodied and on welfare to find jobs and they will start to take responsibility for their lives. In addition, we need to implement 3 strikes and your out in order to throw repeat felons in prison permanently so they can't serve as roll models.

Believe me, LBJ didn't have "a war on the poor" at all...

All he did was anything and everything to get votes for the DemocRATS..... he saw an opportunity to accomplish that by catering to the minorities and the poor...and using other people's money to do so.. the American Tax Payer....

"Never let a tragedy to to waste"... sound familiar...

Just for symbolism... they need to dig up LBJ's body, hang it upside down from a lamp post and shoot him...then cremate him and flush him down the toilet where he belongs...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he wonders how well these kids actually are turned out so far, if the people picking them up are an example of their home environments....

I expect I'm more urban than most folks, living and working for 30 years now in that environment.

I get to teach the bright kids, in honors classes, of the sort that earn college credit in high school.

95% of the time, when you meet the parents you understand the kid. Many of my honor student's parents I'm in awe of, as in how did they raise such a smart and well-adjusted kid? This holds true for every ethnicity.

On the other extreme one time there was a late-teens maybe 20yo pair of gang-bangers waiting in front of the school, a shaved-headed guy and a girl, each with their respective prob'ly out-of-wedlock toddlers, maybe two years old.

The two little boys were swinging wildly at each other, laughing in the way that stressed-out kids do when they're about to cry.

The parents were egging on their respective kid.... "F$ck him up, go on, f$ck him up!"

I can predict how those little kids will be when they're 14 or 15, all the light gone out of their faces frown

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What gov worker do you know or have even heard of that pays even 101% of their earnings in taxes of all sorts combined?

You got to explain this one to me. How does anyone pay 101% of their earnings in taxes? Where do they get that extra 1%? What do they live on even paying 100% of earnings in taxes? confused miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Our forefathers should have picked their own cotton.

Last edited by Tip926; 01/01/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I hate these threads, because of the things that come out of people's mouths.

Ya wanna talk about intelligence, behavior, test scores and all the rest, so what? How should this affect our laws? Our Constitution? Our Faith or lack thereof?

We should all be equal before the law, as we presume we will be equal before our Maker when we are ultimately called to account for EVERYTHING we have said and done in this life.

I grew up in an all-White society, in Working Class England. I lived around welfare-subsidized White folks behaving badly. (All in all it was about the easiest place to get the crap knocked out of you of anywhere I've ever lived grin)

OTOH one the the SAFEST places I've lived in terms of violent crime from simple assault on up was Ghana, West Africa, a place directly ancestral to many American Blacks. In Ghana the spoken word is considered to have great power, when really angry they actually threatened to insult each other. Paradoxically, living among these people was closer to living among White folks than stereotypical American Blacks. There was no edge, no hostility, and being Black per se weren't an issue.

Ya gotta take folks as you meet 'em, one at a time, end of story.

Nothing wrong with profiling, profiling is just common sense, as long as yer still willing to evaluate folks on their individual merits once you have dealings with 'em..

Heck, this is the way MOST people operate anyway.

'cept for a few, some of whom are prob'ly here among us on the 'Fire frown

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

The real problem with these threads is that they focus on race and imply that blacks are inferior. That's not true.

The real problem is culture. It is the ghetto gangster culture which is the problem. Millions of able bodied men and women who could work but choose not to get an education, work and take care of their families. They take the lazy man's way out and leech off society on welfare and commit over half of the crime in the USA despite being less than 12% of the population.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

Ya wanna talk about intelligence, behavior, test scores and all the rest, so what? How should this affect our laws? Our Constitution? Our Faith or lack thereof?

We should all be equal before the law, as we presume we will be equal before our Maker when we are ultimately called to account for EVERYTHING we have said and done in this life.

I grew up in an all-White society, in Working Class England. I lived around welfare-subsidized White folks behaving badly. (All in all it was about the easiest place to get the crap knocked out of you of anywhere I've ever lived grin)

OTOH one the the SAFEST places I've lived in terms of violent crime from simple assault on up was Ghana, West Africa, a place directly ancestral to many American Blacks. In Ghana the spoken word is considered to have great power, when really angry they actually threatened to insult each other. Paradoxically, living among these people was closer to living among White folks than stereotypical American Blacks. There was no edge, no hostility, and being Black per se weren't an issue.

Ya gotta take folks as you meet 'em, one at a time, end of story.

Nothing wrong with profiling, profiling is just common sense, as long as yer still willing to evaluate folks on their individual merits once you have dealings with 'em..

Heck, this is the way MOST people operate anyway.

'cept for a few, some of whom are prob'ly here among us on the 'Fire frown

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

The real problem with these threads is that they focus on race and imply that blacks are inferior. That's not true.

The real problem is culture. It is the ghetto gangster culture which is the problem. Millions of able bodied men and women who could work but choose not to get an education, work and take care of their families. They take the lazy man's way out and leech off society on welfare and commit over half of the crime in the USA despite being less than 12% of the population.
It is my opinion that while somebody may or may not be inherently inferior, if they act like they are, it is the same result. They are responsible for their actions in a civilized society,even if they are below average. They simply must follow the laws of that society.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Throughout my youth I was very much in touch and involved with black people - they were called "colored" at the time - and constituted at least half of the students in our high school. Quite a number were wonderful friends and partners in sports/music/scholarly activities and, beyond school, we spent a lot of time together in our respective homes and churches. We also had at least 20 "melting-pot" immigrant ethnic groups in our community/schools. It was normal - and rich in experience. Although age has us now dropping like fleas, many of us are still friends and in touch.

All of us - black, white, whatever - knew, and know, the differences between self-reliant and productive people and low-life jerks. In those days, an Obama amongst us would have been known by all as a jive-talking, low achieving parasitic opportunist - a jerk.

In the 1960s and as in other industrial type cities, our hometown was sacked and burned out by rioters - the jerks. Self-reliant and self-respecting people moved out and the place never has recovered. Our school district - most excellent and highly respected when we were there - became so degraded that the state had to step in and take it over.

Our class reunions (60th upcoming) now have a sad component because of the degradation of what we once knew as excellence - social and scholarly excellence - a gift in our youth that has been valuable throughout our lives. Sadly, that gift no longer exists for many students in many such cities. We know why.

We know that when we were young the difference in skin color did not divide us and that students of all colors went on to become learned, positive, productive citizens and excellent parents. During the same time, some very politically clever people without good social sense and devoid of conscience enabled and encouraged the jerks. The fowl they bred have come home to roost. Fools, and tools, spawned by the "Great Society".

Never underestimate the negative power of government controlled by selfish jerks and influenced by myopic one-world "do-gooders".

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Because if differential average achievement between races isn't the result of the white man keeping the brothers down, but actually only reflects differential average ability, then the whole institutionalization of affirmative action has been, and continues to be, an injustice of massive and unpresidented proportions against white people.

finally some picked up on what i posted

they aint the fugging same type of human as the rest of the human race on the fugging planet
proven by science and medicine
do some research

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,562
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.