Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would reluctantly (and sorrowfully) give it back to him. It is his and just because he missed the 30 day limit, I couldn't take advantage of the situation.

Now, if he came back 2 years later, that could be a different story.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Having been in the same situation I'd do what I've always done....take the $300 and give him his gun. I might request a $100 late fee but that would definitely depend on the circumstances. I won't keep a family heirloom and have been successful in repatriating several heirlooms to their rightful owner.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would give it back knowing there is only a small chance his story isnt BS and he has probably been laid up drunk some where. I'd charge him a late fee and say have a good day enjoy your heirloom.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
There's a vague air of immorality about this particular morality test.

Tech tip, check your compassion levels on a regular basis.
Avoid over-filling.

GTC

It was not intended to be a morality test of any kind at all Greg. I was just curious if anyone was going to pick up on the fact that this guy could have reported this Firearm Stolen and caused me a world of hurt. Anyone who would have kept it would have also been at serious risk in this scenario.

Greg...you are apparently going to badger me in attempt to get my Goat but it is not going to happen. What is it you want from me? My lunch money? What would make you feel better and satisfy your obvious agenda here?

Please detail your purpose and point with this and maybe I can gladly accommodate you.

I ain't given up my Lunch Money man...never did and never will...

As the Campfire turns, and Burns Soap opera.

Does anybody here think I'm badgering Tinfoil Hat Bughouse ?

Sheesh.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I would give it back knowing there is only a small chance his story isnt BS and he has probably been laid up drunk some where. I'd charge him a late fee and say have a good day enjoy your heirloom.

Damn Right.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good to see all the "do the right thing" replies here. smile The question was Hypothetical curiosity based on a real event from my past.

Because this choice was indeed a turning point in my life when it happened 35 years ago at the age of 19. Whether he was honest or not didn't matter. All I could think of was "What if it was my Great Grandfather's Rifle?" and he was indeed being sincere and honest about it.

I did give him the benefit of the doubt and gave it back to him. I would like to believe that this action may have helped towards some of the extremely good fortune I have had in life since. Good to see those who would do the right thing, not just for the guy wanting it back, But for themselves.

Would I do it again today? or tomorrow? Absolutely smile

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Avoid over-filling.

GTC

It was not intended to be a morality test of any kind at all Greg. I was just curious if anyone was going to pick up on the fact that this guy could have reported this Firearm Stolen and caused me a world of hurt. Anyone who would have kept it would have also been at serious risk in this scenario.

Greg...you are apparently going to badger me in attempt to get my Goat but it is not going to happen. What is it you want from me? My lunch money? What would make you feel better and satisfy your obvious agenda here?

Please detail your purpose and point with this and maybe I can gladly accommodate you.

Sheesh.

GTC

Lol...Took you 1.5 hours to think up that Humor smile I'm actually getting a kick out of your Comical Immature Schoolyard Antics. But It's starting to get Silly...

OK if you are going to obsessively follow me around for two days crying about it just so you can get your thread bumped I will toss out my Aloe Vera and buy the product you are spamming. lol

Thank you for the chuckles Greg, Please continue, Practice makes perfect! Got to get ready for the next guy in your sights! smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Silly ?

You take this stuff WAY to seriously, Bucko.

The 1.5 hours was spent actually DOING something,....and I can think stuff like this up faster than I can type.

Tell me, is there some on-line course that one takes in "Social Media Etiquette ?".

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good to see all the "do the right thing" replies here. smile The question was Hypothetical curiosity based on a real event from my past.

Because this choice was indeed a turning point in my life when it happened 35 years ago at the age of 19. Whether he was honest or not didn't matter. All I could think of was "What if it was my Great Grandfather's Rifle?" and he was indeed being sincere and honest about it.

I did give him the benefit of the doubt and gave it back to him. I would like to believe that this action may have helped towards some of the extremely good fortune I have had in life since. Good to see those who would do the right thing, not just for the guy wanting it back, But for themselves.

Would I do it again today? or tomorrow? Absolutely smile

It wasn't a morality test ?

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Avoid over-filling.

GTC

Sheesh.

GTC

Badgering...definitely not.
Minking or weasling .....maybe.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Silly ?

You take this stuff WAY to seriously, Bucko.

The 1.5 hours was spent actually DOING something,....and I can think stuff like this up faster than I can type.

Tell me, is there some on-line course that one takes in "Social Media Etiquette ?".

GTC

Lol...talk about holding grudges and taking LITTLE things too seriously...It is not me following you over to other threads to perpetuate snide comments, obsesses and stress over unimportant lttle issues as my little "pet project".

That immaturity is all on you Buddy...I dropped the whole thing over at your thread and moved on. The issue was not important enough to stress over. Not even the Derogatory names you used out of ignorance trying to get a derogatory response in return.

Not going to happen. lol

You are baiting me into getting myself booted and it is not going to work man. If Rick or another Authorized Moderator asks me to go I will do so out of absolute respect.

Until then get over it. I'm here to stay. And you still ain't going to get my Lunch Money. smile

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 05/01/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm confused.....In your OP you stated....

"He goes on to explain how priceless it is to him because it was the very Firearm his Great Grandfather used while in Cuba fighting the Spanish American War. The Firearm is indeed period correct so he is more than likely telling the truth."

And then five pages later you say.....

No...35 years ago and it very obviously had only a few rounds put through it and was in pristine shape. I was not real knowledgeable back then about Firearm values, I was only 19.

I'm far from a military firearms expert but I'd think a true battle rifle would be far from pristine and certainly have more that a few rounds through it from practicing even if it wasn't fired in battle all that much....

Nothing personal and I certainly don't want your lunch money but this thread is starting to reek of self serving[Linked Image]

Last edited by FieldGrade; 05/01/16.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

"He goes on to explain how priceless it is to him because it was the very Firearm his Great Grandfather used while in Cuba fighting the Spanish American War. The Firearm is indeed period correct so he is more than likely telling the truth."

No...35 years ago and it very obviously had only a few rounds put through it and was in pristine shape. I was not real knowledgeable back then about Firearm values, I was only 19.

I'm far from a military firearms expert but I'd think a true battle rifle would be far from pristine and certainly have more that a few rounds through it from practicing even if it wasn't fired in battle all that much....

Nothing personal and I certainly don't want your lunch money but this thread is starting to reek of self serving[Linked Image]

well maybe the owner was of french descent...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think we're dealing with a sock puppet, myself,...

Fugger would make a damned fine POLITICIAN, 'cuz he sure has never giving a straight answer down to a fine art.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

ANYTHING with Spanish American War provenance is going to show SEVERE wear and tear,....all one has to do is read Roosevelt to so ascertain.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

well maybe the owner was of french descent...

Good point.... smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
French rifles, pristine condition. Only dropped once.

Italian tanks, great condition, reverse gear shows a little wear.

Sean
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Read his other threads and comments. This guy was testing our ability to spot the fact that the seller could report the firearm as stolen. I guess he doesn't know how to create a proper signed receipt. As a morality test we can now identify true christians?

B.S meter pegged at the Safariman level.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.