-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

He told me that he was approached by a man who asked him for a cigarette while he was walking his dog at 0600 hrs.

Ain't this a town of just 1,800 people, at 6 o'clock in the morning? The sort of place where nothing ever happens?

Sounds to me that he was placed in a real difficult situation even if he did have a gun. What are ya gonna do, pull your weapon and tell a guy asking for a cigarette to get the fugg back?

Had a walk-up situation like that happen to me one time at night outside a strip mall when I was walking home late; two street evangelists from a well known urban outreach ministry approach me and walk right up to my personal space. Made me realize how easy it is for someone to do that, and short of turning away and actively evading as they approach, there ain't a whole lot one can do about it.

Sounds like for the elderly gent who got jumped the situation went from normal to FUBAR in just a second or two. I hope he recovers well.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ain't this a town of just 1,800 people, at 6 o'clock in the morning? The sort of place where nothing ever happens?

There's a reason "GFY" is considered an appropriate verbal greeting in some parts of the earth.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
TRH,

My apology for what I said about your dog this morning.

I was hungover and there was no reason for my being that caustic.

Travis
That statement demonstrates a lot of quality on your part, and is very much aprreciated.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I agree.

If you dig really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really deep, I'm not that bad of a person.

Some days.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gunner500
The right gun first, a good dog will be another advantage, were I a robber, I wouldn't pick anyone looking me dead in the eye witha damn bulldog or rott at their side. grin
Especially if the bulldog or rott is looking like she's waiting for the go signal. That's my dog's look, as she stares down gangsta wannabes we occasionally pass on evening walks, many of whom won't deviate one iota from their path to avoid her. It's a pride thing, I think (on the part of the wannabe). She doesn't bark or growl. Not one speck. She's a perfect lady. The leash remains slack, and she remains at my left side (my dogs are trained to walk proper on a leash). It's just a body language of total confidence and readiness (and, in her case, just a little bit of hoping, LOL).

Agreed, no need in being a crook anyway, and really no need in being a crook getting the chit torn outta your ass by a chainsaw bulldog while you're in the process of catching 45 cal slugs. grin

Trump Won!
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Agreed, no need in being a crook anyway, and really no need in being a crook getting the chit torn outta your ass by a chainsaw bulldog while you're in the process of catching 45 cal slugs. grin
grin Exactly.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That would make for a really chitty last day. wink

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know why, but that quote is just funny as hell. lmao

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't know why, but that quote is just funny as hell. lmao
grin Just the imagery of it is hilarious.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I think if you Google search Dwain Palmer attack Hinckley Minnesota you can read the newspaper article about this. They only took his cell phone which allowed the police to find them.
This man had extensive plastic surgery and cracked ribs.
The surgeon said that his injuries were among the worst he has ever seen.
One of the dirt bags just got out of prison in November.
I guess they just attacked him for the fun of beating a 64 year old white man.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like the mother and son team got beat up a bit, themselves. Perhaps while resisting arrest?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Looks like the mother and son team got beat up a bit, themselves. Perhaps while resisting arrest?

Mr. Conley owns a tire business. They are the ones I buy my tires from, about 5 years bought a motorcycle off his son Chris who had a dealership and who was sitting beside him in the video. This crap happens too often in this a relatively small town of around 4K.

Last edited by j2dogs; 01/15/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, seeing that old gentleman bruised up like that just makes a guy's blood boil.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They should be killed, period.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by whelennut
One of the members of our local American Legion was walking his dog past a church at 0600 hrs and three native American youths beat him and left him for dead.
This is making me rethink my J Frame as a CCW. Is 5 shots enough against three attackers?

Didn't realize that his happened over 6 years ago.

http://www.presspubs.com/article_fa2fdcc9-ac60-5c81-87db-e68fec579142.html

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[quote]

Sounds to me that he was placed in a real difficult situation even if he did have a gun. What are ya gonna do, pull your weapon and tell a guy asking for a cigarette to get the fugg back?

Birdwatcher

That's exactly what you do. Put your hand up to let them know you don't appreciate the approach. Use your command voice to tell them to "Stop, don't come any closer, I have a gun." If they don't have bad intent no harm done. If they do they don't want someone yelling and attracting attention.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by whelennut
One of the members of our local American Legion was walking his dog past a church at 0600 hrs and three native American youths beat him and left him for dead.
This is making me rethink my J Frame as a CCW. Is 5 shots enough against three attackers?

Didn't realize that his happened over 6 years ago.

http://www.presspubs.com/article_fa2fdcc9-ac60-5c81-87db-e68fec579142.html

Neither did whelennut.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They should be killed, period.
I wouldn't shed any tears if they hanged themselves in their respective cells.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
[quote=Birdwatcher]

Birdwatcher

That's exactly what you do. Put your hand up to let them know you don't appreciate the approach. Use your command voice to tell them to "Stop, don't come any closer, I have a gun." If they don't have bad intent no harm done. If they do they don't want someone yelling and attracting attention.
Exactly. We live in a dangerous world.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 21, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.