Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

I was unaware you had visited my place.

ROFL!! laugh
I was gonna ask GW if he realized he had mentioned broken mowers, twice.

I have 2 mowers, both for sale. Just need a little work!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by byc
Yeah and boy do I have news for both of you. As much as you believe you have full domain of what you do on your property you do NOT!

I have a couple hundred acres not goverened by anything but the EPA sure dropped in when I made a few simple improvements.

There's always seomone from somewhere able to tell you what you can and can't do. The days you speak of are all but done.

EPA 'SWAT' team Out of black helos?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jimy
I feel for people like you that can't afford the stuff that makes life grand!

Zing, you stung me with that one.

Some of these twits really do come up with creative ways to decrease property values, I bought the land on the other side of the highway from my home just so I didn't wake up to a clown car being pulled by an alpaca while I drank my morning coffee.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by byc
Yeah and boy do I have news for both of you. As much as you believe you have full domain of what you do on your property you do NOT!

I have a couple hundred acres not goverened by anything but the EPA sure dropped in when I made a few simple improvements.

There's always seomone from somewhere able to tell you what you can and can't do. The days you speak of are all but done.

EPA 'SWAT' team Out of black helos?

The EPA knows they pull whatever they want in some areas, and don't mess with others.

A lot depends on how much BS your state puts up with from the federales.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My condo association got on me when I first moved in becuase we put a small bench outside our front door. You wouldn't even know it was there unless you walked up to the door.
I spent the next 10 years calling in every single minor infraction and demanding the property manager come out and inspect it and have it fixed.
The bitch hated me, wouldn't even take my calls anymore and finally quit. The other "board members" hate to see me coming also.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
My condo association got on me when I first moved in becuase we put a small bench outside our front door. You wouldn't even know it was there unless you walked up to the door.
I spent the next 10 years calling in every single minor infraction and demanding the property manager come out and inspect it and have it fixed.
The bitch hated me, wouldn't even take my calls anymore and finally quit. The other "board members" hate to see me coming also.

Some people work hard and better our world and have children that excelle and some day will make this world a better place.

And then there are members of HOA.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I include google earth images cataloging the contents of my yard with my annual income tax documents.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

Not everyone lives in Tennessee, ya know?

Plenty of that [bleep] right here in Orygun.

Well clean up yer damn yard.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wow, another zinger.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

He's the genius that cries about his neighbors making his current home unbearable.

Dave

I'm always amazed you can focus on the keyboard as far apart as your eyes are. Is that considered a medical miracle?

LOL
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There ain't no better than a "my HOA is pickin' on me" thread turnin' up on the campfire.

It's kinda like slippin' a double hit of spanish fly into Oprah's Collard greens while she's vacationing in Atlanta.

,...a line forms.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wow, another zinger.

Yeah. Quite the burn. Need some ice?
smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by Vek
We'd have to converse with the guard each time instead of buzzing through. Will get annoying in the summer with increased traffic.

Actually that's a good thing... just be sure to engage the guard is some meaningless protracted conversation holing up the people behind you for as long as you can.... peer pressure is a wonderful thing..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If one agrees to live under an association they agree to abide by the rules of that association.
As long as every single stupid-azzed rule is known/explained before anyone signs one LETTER of their signature.
Knowing my personality I'd NEVER live where someone/s could tell me what to do or say within the confines of my property. Just reading your predicament gets my blood pressure up. I'd be in jail. 😬
Ditto...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Four pages and nobody suggests fugking the president of the HOA's wife?

Or, if the president is a chick, fugk her. Take video.

This is a no brainer.

Dave

Not everyone uses Will Ferrell movies as their Bible.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still waiting for the next episode.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Did ya [bleep] the HOA president. or their wife yet?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Best advice I saw posted.

Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Get a copy of the covenants and read them.

Unless very specifically the Covenants allow a fine for "abuse" then it is not legal. Think you will find more than enough ammunition here to make their live miserable too.

Send a certified letter to the board requesting a copy of the specific bylaw authorizing fines for "abuse"

Trust me most HOA boards do not have a clue what they can do and not do.

Also check with state attorney general on any state laws that govern HOAs. Many states have very specific laws for HOAs to follow.

All states normally allow you to request a written copy of all board minutes, by laws, meetings etc.

If you think it is wrong, pay it and then sue in Small Claims Court and show the judge a copy of the by laws not authorizing that fine.

Consult a local real estate attorney that specializes in HOAs, not real estate closings, big difference.

Originally Posted by smokepole
I wouldn't pay it. I wouldn't hire a lawyer either. Go to the hearing, state your case. This woman your wife spoke to has probably done the same kind of stuff before and people probably know it.

Ask for their written standard for "abuse" and tell them it's for your lawyer to review. Ask specifically how your wife violated it, and where the violation is documented. Ask who gets to determine what constitutes abuse, and how they make the determination. It should be the board who makes any determinations like that. Ask them how they came to their determination of abuse without interviewing half the people who were witnesses (your wife). Tell them you believe you're being harassed and retaliated against for questioning their judgment in the other matter and tell them you'll hire a lawyer and file a counter claim if they don't drop it.

They don't want to have to spend money on a lawyer to defend something like that, easiest route for them will be to drop it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Vek, you got a forwarding address yet or what?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the need for HOA's is the exact reason i now live in the country. my first house was in a nice neighborhood that had a wide variety of idiots and asswipes. i have a ton of stories from those days. funny now, then not so much. neighbor problems is one of the most stressful things you can have to deal with.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 79S, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 6 invisible), 1,550 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,420
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.