Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I've had 2 kidney stones, first was a breeze,,,the second took a week to pass, unreal pain...unreal.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Felt like somebody hit me across the lower back with a bat. Waves of pain.. Burning sensation of course.. Started drinking lots of water, 3 hours later I think I'll live. Must have been a baby one, either that or the second wave is waiting to arrive.

I think I'll be drinking LOTS of water from now on. That's not something I want to encounter again.

Cal, do you know if it passed? If it didn't, you may want to consider visiting the docs now.

I had an 11mm kidney stone. Hit me at around 1am in the morning like someone took a bat to my kidneys. Brutal. I fought it off thinking "just walk it off" for 2 hours before waking my beloved wife and heading to the ER.

There was no way I was going to pass an 11mm stone (Imagine Clint Eastwood introducing you to the .44 Magnum speech). Docs hit me with a stent (so I could keep peeing) and scheduled lithotripsy.

Here's the thing: The stone has a chance to fall from the kidney tubes into the bladder. For a stone that size, well, at that point, it will block the ureter (piss tube). Now life gets ugly...because you can't piss something that big out.

So, if you didn't piss something out (*and you'd pretty much know if you did) then you really need to consider plan B.

In my case: lithotripsy. Shockwaves in a bathtub to break it up. Better than getting knifed on but more like going 10 rounds with Mike Tyson - I was pissing blood for a week and candidly, grateful for it.

Good luck man. Stones are the ONLY thing that women will EVER allow you to equate to childbirth.

Hunt Africa while you can
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Peeing in the filter cup I heard it hit the side of the filter....I chit you not.

Definitely Boone and Crockett worthy.

There are only two groups of people in the world.....those that have had kidney stones. And those that haven’t.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My appendix tried to kill me almost a year ago. Make sure you got a SPOT or a partner, and contact with the real world.

Never had a kidney stone but based on the appendix, it is no joke. Lots of fluids and emergency contacts. Don't be stupid.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rnovi
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Felt like somebody hit me across the lower back with a bat. Waves of pain.. Burning sensation of course.. Started drinking lots of water, 3 hours later I think I'll live. Must have been a baby one, either that or the second wave is waiting to arrive.

I think I'll be drinking LOTS of water from now on. That's not something I want to encounter again.

Cal, do you know if it passed? If it didn't, you may want to consider visiting the docs now.

I had an 11mm kidney stone. Hit me at around 1am in the morning like someone took a bat to my kidneys. Brutal. I fought it off thinking "just walk it off" for 2 hours before waking my beloved wife and heading to the ER.

There was no way I was going to pass an 11mm stone (Imagine Clint Eastwood introducing you to the .44 Magnum speech). Docs hit me with a stent (so I could keep peeing) and scheduled lithotripsy.

Here's the thing: The stone has a chance to fall from the kidney tubes into the bladder. For a stone that size, well, at that point, it will block the ureter (piss tube). Now life gets ugly...because you can't piss something that big out.

So, if you didn't piss something out (*and you'd pretty much know if you did) then you really need to consider plan B.

In my case: lithotripsy. Shockwaves in a bathtub to break it up. Better than getting knifed on but more like going 10 rounds with Mike Tyson - I was pissing blood for a week and candidly, grateful for it.

Good luck man. Stones are the ONLY thing that women will EVER allow you to equate to childbirth.

From what I know of stones, ^^THIS^^

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Usually if it is stuck in there and not moving, it doesn't hurt unless it is big enough to plug the tube up.I have had 1/2 dozen of them or so.I try to drink 50-60 ounces of liquid day.

Last one I had it became known to me in July. It quit hurting.I thought I had passed it.Come December it broke lose. I told the doc,I wasn't leaving the hospital until they got it out of there.That is something you never want to say, I leaned. The size of tools they stuck up inside me looked like they were for a horse.. I woke up with two foot of string dangling out of me attached to a stent.They told me to pull it out in three days.Damn thing felt like it was attached to my tonsil when I did.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I was feeling like crap for some time, beat up from work, back issues.........just felt a little more crappy than usual.
No big deal.
Went to take a leak and everything was fine...............then the stream stopped.
I was like WTF? and then POW! out it came..............and it felt like somebody stuck a lit match in my dekehole.
Of course the stream was a gushing then and it burned pretty good.
Sore for about a day, taking a pizz.

Next one was just the same back ache, the stream got weak and then back to full strength. About a month later that happened.
I felt it move in my kidney before though, like somebody moving a finger, medium pressure, along my insides.

Haven't had one for about a yr (just had those two). Only one kidney, 1.5X normal size, dunno if that helps or hurts.

Considering how crappy I felt, for so long..........the stones were no big deal.
Back feels better nowadays..........so maybe if I get another it will be more annoying.

Last edited by hookeye; 11/16/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bet I've had close to 20 by now. Lots of water in the summer helps prevent mine.

Last one I had I walked out... just kept moving and drinking water and it passed in about 5 hours.

I have yet to have any pain medicine work, the pain finally gets to your body so bad that you sleep or pass out some....

I won't go to the ER anymore, they charge so much, our city insurance is worse than a joke on top of it, and its here, pee in this strainer at home until you pass it... So doc has me an RX for inflammation and hydrocodone which doesn't really help but can make me sleep some...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rnovi

No, not sure it passed. I'm presuming it did.. hoping it did..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW I've not captured most of the ones I've had. But I've never, knock on wood quickly and much, had one stick so far.

Biggest I've passed and caught was only about the size of #4 lead shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve heard they ain’t worth a f....k to have removed. Kinda like a prostate biopsy. I’ve had three of them. Fun fun fun

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes the pain comes for a day or so, then nothing, then back with full force. Good luck to you and hope it really is gone. Its a special time when going through it lol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve heard they ain’t worth a f....k to have removed. Kinda like a prostate biopsy. I’ve had three of them. Fun fun fun

I've had 3-4 that were hung up and couldn't be blasted, they retrieved them with a grabber, no big deal. They knock you out and when you wake up, it burns to pee for half a day but the Big pain is gone. Pretty much back to normal the next day. I've had it done enough that I'm on a first name basis with my Uro Dr. like most folks are with their dentist. It's such a non-event that if there's one that's hung up, I'll call the Doc and tell him to send the order. It's Way better to go get it removed than to suffer with the pain it sometimes brings.

I had a boss one time that grew them to the size of marbles in months. Ultimately they had to make an incision thru his back into the kidney to remove larger stones. Supposedly they will only do that as a last resort as it's a pretty rough surgery and recovery.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Gout and Kidney Stones are related. Stones are waaaay worse - ask me how I know. eek

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My 2 cents.. if you never had one you just don’t know, the pain is indescribable. I can believe any story or experience I hear about a kidney stone.

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Passed 2 in the same day . SERIOUS PAIN . Actually thought I was dying .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got the ultimate kidney stone😕. It’s golf ball size and comes out via laparoscopic along with the kidney. Really looking
Forward to this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a kidney stone about 9 years ago. I am accustomed to intense pain due to a dead disc in my lower back that is extruded along with a bone spur that pushes against my spinal cord. The pain is sometimes excruciating. As terrible as my back pain can be, the pain from the kidney stone I had was a order of magnitude worse. Absolutely horrid. The pain was so bad that morphine didn't work at all - or maybe morphine just doesn't work on me, I'm not sure. I finally got some relief when they switched me to Dilaudid. What made it worse was that it wouldn't pass, was a sharp one, and I had to have it surgically removed. As bad as all that was, the stint I had for ~7 days after the surgery was worse - absolutely miserable.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/17/17.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a CT scan today of my kidneys and bladder. They told me I have several large stones in one kidney and smaller ones in the other kidney. In addition, I have a tumor or cyst on one of my kidneys that has been under observation for the last 5 years. My Urologist left town on vacation today before the scan results came back. He will be back in a few days. Currently, I do not have any pain in my kidneys, just passing a lot of blood and some burning when I go. I am on some heavy duty antibiotics for what they say is a recurring bladder infection.

I read all the posts here and am really hoping I don’t get the pain being described. I really want them to remove the tumor or cyst but the doctors say the benefits of removing this tumor or cyst do not out weigh the risk I may not survive the surgery due to my cardiac issues. I have a pace maker / defibrillator implant and it has jump started me once. That was painful in itself.

Bottom line is my health is a mess. Not looking for sympathy. Just trying to ready myself for this next chapter in the journey of life.

Thank you everyone for sharing your information.

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I feel luckier with every post i read. Never had a stone and hope it stays that way.

You fellers have my sympathy.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,526
Posts18,509,760
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.