Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I like the P3TR reticle on my 1-4X.
Have a pair of their cheap XC binos that my kid took to Alaska.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've not searched to try to find this.... What are the sub tensions of the shown reticle on max power in the 2.5-10x42?

Just checked their website and below is what they list for the MOA per line.

1st line = 1.49
2nd line = 4.31
3rd line = 7.18

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
why oh why can steiner NOT put us simple hunter types a miniscule single dot along with a german #4ish reticle?????

Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by whitearrow
why oh why can steiner NOT put us simple hunter types a miniscule single dot along with a german #4ish reticle?????

Big Ed

This, and not limited to Steiner.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Big Ed

Google Meopta scopes reticles

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Fireball2][quote=WYcoyote][quote=whitearrow]why oh why can steiner NOT put us simple hunter types a miniscule single dot along with a german #4ish reticle?????

Agreed, the last thing I want to do while trying to age a deer, shoot a deer and not miss the deer is to do math.

Big fan of Meopta for years, I have buddy that has a reticle from them that has all sorts of lines and numbers. Just can't do it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My Steiner GS3 2-10x42 has a #4 reticle but no illumination and no dot.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Big Ed

Google Meopta scopes reticles
meopta's 4c rets dot is too big for my taste.leica and zeiss do it right.
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Leica needs to put a #4 or decent plex on their 44mm Amplus 6. Think they would sell a lot of them.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
leica's L-4a ret and zeiss' #60 are 2 of the best for hunting imho.

Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Big Ed

Many cannot comprehend the principles of a BDC . The Steiner E3 Illuminated Reticle is matched along the same system, only being more accurate. If any are confused with this reticle, they really do not belong on the range nor should they be hunting for anything.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not confused at all.

But I've been hunting with a scope for 50+ years and don't care for all that shidt on my windshield.

And made shots on big game much farther than 400 yards.

Your prized reticle is of no use to me.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Many cannot comprehend the principles of a BDC . The Steiner E3 Illuminated Reticle is matched along the same system, only being more accurate. If any are confused with this reticle, they really do not belong on the range nor should they be hunting for anything.

#machinelearning
V.
#maser

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GFY, droid.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Big Ed

Synoptic:

I figured a lot of folks who think BDC reticles and turrets are great have difficulty comprehending actual measurements!

Not saying you shouldn't like what you like or that the reticle in reference won't, to certain extents, serve it's purpose, but how can one BDC reticle be any more or less "accurate" than another? They all consist of arbitrary aiming lines or dots through which the POA may or may not line up with the POI of bullet you're sending in the atmosphere you're sending it in. Of course there's custom BDC reticles and turrets, but the efficacy of such a set up is constrained to one bullet at one velocity in one atmosphere.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Starbuck

Big Ed

Synoptic:

I figured a lot of folks who think BDC reticles and turrets are great have difficulty comprehending actual measurements!

Not saying you shouldn't like what you like or that the reticle in reference won't, to certain extents, serve it's purpose, but how can one BDC reticle be any more or less "accurate" than another? They all consist of arbitrary aiming lines or dots through which the POI may or may not line up with the bullet you're sending in the atmosphere you're sending it in. Of course there's custom BDC reticles and turrets, but the efficacy of such a set up is constrained to one bullet at one velocity in one atmosphere.

And that particular scope has to be on max power for those to work anyway. Synoptic is a sockpuppet, but is still nothing but a mouthy pretender.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The most well designed BDC reticle has been Nightforce's Velocity 600 reticle. It came in 3 variations, Low, Medium, and High Velocity. A simple reticle, 100 yard hash above intersection, 200 yard zero, 3, 4, 5, 6 holds with 5 and 10 mph windage at each. Between the 100 yard lines is a 50 yard drop only hash.

NF made a calculator that can be run with load specific data to determine the best version of the reticle to use and highlight exact differences, even listing the best range to zero at to put the reticle closer.

I much prefer FFP and dialing but NF put out a good BDC reticle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Synoptic is a sockpuppet, but is still nothing but a mouthy pretender.
It's a something alright. I'm just not sure what. Reticles are moot though, as I doubt it shoots.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

GFY, droid.

🚀🤖 💥

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The most well designed BDC reticle has been Nightforce's Velocity 600 reticle. It came in 3 variations, Low, Medium, and High Velocity. A simple reticle, 100 yard hash above intersection, 200 yard zero, 3, 4, 5, 6 holds with 5 and 10 mph windage at each. Between the 100 yard lines is a 50 yard drop only hash.

NF made a calculator that can be run with load specific data to determine the best version of the reticle to use and highlight exact differences, even listing the best range to zero at to put the reticle closer.

I much prefer FFP and dialing but NF put out a good BDC reticle.

I still have one of those. I can dial it but rarely do. The holdovers are as accurate as I can hold from field positions. I picked up a z3 Swarovski with a similar reticle to try. I haven’t made time for it yet.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (907brass, 300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 8 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.