Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by jackmountain
When I was a kid, 1982, we were in Williamsburg on a trip, sitting on a bench next to this English guy who as it turns out was a member of parliament. Conversation turned to them just having finished the Falkland “war”
He made the comment that they shoulda stopped by on the way home and took back the original colonies while they were at it.
Old man looked at him laughing and said you dumb son of a bitch, the deer hunters in Rockingham co alone coulda turned you back.
In Virginia, 253,650 hunting licenses were issued in 2021. Adjusting for population, this comes out to 2.9 for every 100 people, the 13th fewest among States.

Virginia allows for 'land owners'[ which includes children, grandchildren, step children & grandchildren and their spouses, lease holders] to be license exempt.
The #'s posted are not a accurate picture of actual hunters within Virginia.

Correct. Also, the number of hunters, licensed or landowner, does not reflect the total number of armed Virginians. Tons of gun owners don't hunt anymore, or have never hunted.
It's the same way here. We are still outnumbered by the communist citiots who control our State gov't.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Virginia is more conservative than progressive. But progressives actually vote.

Yes and they do it often.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SupFoo
If you Virginia guys are so proud of your state, why not put it in your profiles? Just the state, no town. Baby step here.......

When was the last time this happened on the grounds of your state capitol, for ANY reason, there in Commirado?

When was the last time YOU participated?

That's what I thought.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
It happened here in New York when our commie gov't. came up with the SAFE act. I was there. Didn't do a damn bit of good. There was no media coverage of it. Instead the news outlets all covered pro gun control rallies that happened the same day and didn't have 1/10 the turnout.

The simple fact is, your NY law makers do not respect you, or your opinion. They know that without a doubt the leftist vote coming out of NYC, Albany, and other metro areas will override anything that comes out of upstate. Virginia is not quite to that point, yet.

They call Virginia a swing state. I don't recall NY ever being known as a swing state in the last 58 years I've been around, and yes, I've resided/worked in upstate NY for a time.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Teal
When I was a kid, 1982, we were in Williamsburg on a trip, sitting on a bench next to this English guy who as it turns out was a member of parliament. Conversation turned to them just having finished the Falkland “war”
He made the comment that they shoulda stopped by on the way home and took back the original colonies while they were at it.
Old man looked at him laughing and said you dumb son of a bitch, the deer hunters in Rockingham co alone coulda turned you back.
In Virginia, 253,650 hunting licenses were issued in 2021. Adjusting for population, this comes out to 2.9 for every 100 people, the 13th fewest among States.

Virginia allows for 'land owners'[ which includes children, grandchildren, step children & grandchildren and their spouses, lease holders] to be license exempt.
The #'s posted are not a accurate picture of actual hunters within Virginia.

How bout NYS Blackheart/
Landowners and their immediate family can hunt small game/varmints on their own land without a license. They are still required to buy a license to hunt big game. We currently have about 700,000 licensed hunters in NY. Down from 1.4 million in the 1970's.

In my small circle I know of 5-6 [minimum] hunters that do not purchase a hunting license of any sort but hunt various game annually.
It adds up.

That is not unique to your circle. Not a slam/sham etc. Just saying - there's a lot of people who have little use for asking permission to hunt the king's deer.

Yep. I know a few.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Good god when are people going to figure out it’s our fight not yours or our fight in the state we reside in. Aces you put it the best I have seen and put it in perspective. The second amendment is border less now let that sink in as the constant attacks are just looking for a chink in the armor.
I wish more people understood this. Its the same dumbasses over and over who rag on those who love in these states. Its the gov against all of us people. Not state by state. Get your heads out of your asses

Been saying this out here for a long time. For years virtue signalers have been content to poke fun and mock CA politics.

And for years we been warning hey pal it’s coming for you too.

The liberal disease has always been in your state, but now it’s grown big while you were squabbling and pointing fingers saying it would never happen to you

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If you Virginia guys are so proud of your state, why not put it in your profiles? Just the state, no town. Baby step here.......

When was the last time this happened on the grounds of your state capitol, for ANY reason, there in Commirado?

It happened here in New York when our commie gov't. came up with the SAFE act. I was there. Didn't do a damn bit of good. There was no media coverage of it. Instead the news outlets all covered pro gun control rallies that happened the same day and didn't have 1/10 the turnout.

The simple fact is, your NY law makers do not respect you, or your opinion. They know that without a doubt the leftist vote coming out of NYC, Albany, and other metro areas will override anything that comes out of upstate. Virginia is not quite to that point, yet.

They call Virginia a swing state. I don't recall NY ever being known as a swing state in the last 58 years I've been around, and yes, I've resided/worked in upstate NY for a time.
You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. They don't have one bit of respect for the Constitution/our rights either. My warning is that Virginia and many other States are headed in the same direction, as city populations continue to grow and rural decline across the Country.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Don't know what's more annoying; the guy in the video or steve4102s' obsession with Va. (Please don't move here)
Hailing from one of the most fûcked up states out of the 50, his time would be better directed at home.

Love the thread title..... idiot.

Yea, what's up with those blue glasses anyway? I don't know if that guy would suck a dikk but he'd definitely hold it in his mouth till the next guy came along.

I guarantee you the "guy with the glasses" has done a lot more for the 2a and it's defense than you have.

Do Tell....

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
. . "the number of hunters, licensed or landowner, does not reflect the total number of armed Virginians. Tons of gun owners don't hunt anymore, or have never hunted"

This is the heart of any anti-gun controversy. We need EVERY person aware of the consequences of bad legislation and the incredible push for more gun restrictions/prohibition. This isn't about hunting deer or ducks. Every citizen should be voting for our God-given rights. They were enumerated in our Constitution, but it is up to each one of us to participate in protecting the ideals that made us a free country. Put your money where your mouth is and vote without fail. Donate to the cause, GOA, NRA, 2AF, or others who have a chance to organize citizen resistance.

Then we also have to watch the tabulation of those votes. 81 million ballots were supposedly counted for Biden. How many were counted twice or were counted after 3 AM?

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Please keep telling West Virginia jokes. The people we don't want here believe them. grin

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Why are there more unsolved homicides in Wva, than any other state ?

Roy

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Why did Wva raise the minimum drinking age to 25?

Roy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wait, last time someone tried something like this, the thread went to 13 pages........
well we up to 12 pages now

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Border Doc
. . "the number of hunters, licensed or landowner, does not reflect the total number of armed Virginians. Tons of gun owners don't hunt anymore, or have never hunted"

You guys and you're hunter stats are a fug'n joke.

Just because some peeps spend a week at the deer shack, shoot some hapless doe that wanders by, doesn't make them Rambo.

I've been listening to the crap for years. Hunters in WI, MI, PA, etc, etc. Fantasy land. They've never done squat. And won't.

Last edited by SupFoo; 03/07/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Just because some peeps spend a week at the deer shack, shoot some hapless doe that wanders by, doesn't make them Rambo.

I've been listening to the crap for years. Hunters in WI, MI, PA, etc, etc. Fantasy land. They've never done squat. And won't.

Given the way CO has gone the last decade - you should know about a state with strong hunting tradition rolling over voting for more gun control and weakness.

Me

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’d bet he knows more about rolling over for his boyfriend.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

Ur the fuqkin joke LOL

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’d bet he knows more about rolling over for his boyfriend.

OK Badass. You go take on BLM and Antifa next time they are in the streets. Be sure to wave your hunting license at them, sure they will tremble at the sight. Get real you moron.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My money is on the people of the Commonwealth. I'd be 1000x more concerned if I were living in Minnesota, but then again, they are the dumbest white people in all of the US of A.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. They don't have one bit of respect for the Constitution/our rights either. My warning is that Virginia and many other States are headed in the same direction, as city populations continue to grow and rural decline across the Country.

And that's something Virginians didn't not already know.

There's a stark contrast though, between Virginians and NYers.

You'd have to live in both places to know what it is.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal

Given the way CO has gone the last decade - you should know about a state with strong hunting tradition rolling over voting for more gun control and weakness.

Yep, it needed to be said.....

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.