Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
� I think their hearts are so pride-hardened that only a mighty miracle from God would be the only thing that could cause them to change. Sorta like Saul. �

Luke 16:19�31

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too many people get way overconcerned about our short lives here on earth. Lots don't even make it fifty years while others, such as my Dad, will last a hundred years or so.

Regardless of how long we are here on this planet, it does not even make a mark on what eternity will be. That's where Gods' plan comes in.

My dear wife of over fify years is now undergoing cancer treatments for the third time. I sure do not want to loose her but that decesion is for God to make. I and the rest of my family plus lots of friends and people we don't even know are praying for her. Perhaps the treatments she is taking now is a miracle straight from God. Time will tell.

To many people try to make a man out of God. That just does not work.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by goodnews
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by BCBrian
The Bible is in TOTAL contradiction to the fossil record . . . .

Maybe the fossil record is wrong. It was put together by a man. blush

Brian-

A good share of the "missing links" have been proven to be outright frauds or misinterpreted. The ubiquitous illustration in many of the biology texts we grew up with showing an amorphic blob of life, changing in stages through reptilian, early mammal, and finally to homo erectus was admitted to be a fraud years ago. Just a few examples of trying to put forth a dogma.
The only thing I can remember from my biology text books when I was a kid that even remotely resembles what you're talking about was that illustration of how ontology recapitulates phylogeny. Is that what you are talking about?

[Linked Image]

You have to wonder, if all those species didn't have a common ancestor, why they start out looking almost identical. In fact all of them have gill slits at an early stage. In fish and amphibians, they become gills, but for the rest, they just fade away. Now why would a pig or a man need gill slits?

That's not the illustration. It was in the bio books circa the 60's. It had only about 5 steps beginning with some type of embryo IIRC, the last was modern man, and the one before was an ape. These were huge, presumptive steps, one to the other, the result of someone's imagination.

Gdv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finite Man can not grasp the infinity of God.
Temporal Man can not grasp the eternity of God.
Impotent Man can not grasp the omnipotence of God.
Physical Man is not a template of spiritual God.
Man is less than God and can not equal God.

"Good enough" isn't.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Quick question:
How many believe that "creation" was a one time event?

How many believe that "creation" is a continual and ongoing process?

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So a question for all of you atheists, agnostics, etc......What would it take for you to change your opinion on the subject?
"But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto him, we have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I should see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side [i.e., the spear wound that pierced his heart], I will not believe." - John XX, 24,25.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Your God inviting me to a Barnes and Noble book signing might get me to thinking!

No, it wouldn't.

You've already scorned His greater invitation and provision to join Him for eternity.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think this is the one you mean. It started with an ape, not an embryo.

[Linked Image]

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Quick question:
How many believe that "creation" was a one time event?

How many believe that "creation" is a continual and ongoing process?
One time event, as the science of physics is currently verifying.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak
I think this is the one you mean. It started with an ape, not an embryo.

[Linked Image]

(I know a couple of men who look like that one in the middle.....)

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by isaac
Your God inviting me to a Barnes and Noble book signing might get me to thinking!

No, it wouldn't.

You've already scorned His greater invitation and provision to join Him for eternity.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, but it would!!

Scorned wouldn't be a appropiate word or description,either. Doubting or questioning His power to grant or offer such would probably be fairer.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

If creation was a one time event then how does the science of physics explain the creation of new stars and new galaxies in the universe?

Last edited by NeBassman; 07/14/08. Reason: spelling

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman

If creation was a one time event then how does the science of physics explain the creation of new stars and new galaxies in the universe?
All the matter/energy that the new stars are made from was created at the big bang instantaneously. Just as all the matter/energy that you used to build your house was created at the big bang. Isn't that called the law of conservation of matter and energy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� All the matter/energy that the new stars are made from was created at the big bang instantaneously. Just as all the matter/energy that you used to build your house was created at the big bang. Isn't that called the law of conservation of matter and energy?

IOW, the distinction between creation and combination. Hydrogen and oxygen (e g) were created, then some of each was combined with some of the other to form water. Right?

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed. What's here is here, and will be forever.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� All the matter/energy that the new stars are made from was created at the big bang instantaneously. Just as all the matter/energy that you used to build your house was created at the big bang. Isn't that called the law of conservation of matter and energy?

IOW, the distinction between creation and combination. Hydrogen and oxygen (e g) were created, then some of each was combined with some of the other to form water. Right?
Yep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So a question for all of you atheists, agnostics, etc......What would it take for you to change your opinion on the subject?

God to show up at my door and say 'Hey!' or something else concrete like that.

I believe we're many times more likely to have extraterrestrials have tea with Bigfoot and Nessie at Stonehenge before there is proof of God.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Yep, energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed. What's here is here, and will be forever.
You are behind the times with respect to modern physics. All the evidence points to a point of creation before which nothing existed, not even space. So, apparently, both matter and energy (not to mention space itself) CAN be created ex nihilo, i.e., from nothing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That is correct,everything came into being at a specific moment. Everything like space,matter,time,energy.

I got no problem with the big bang or Genesis 1:1.

Same,same.

Britt

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If true Hawkeye, then would this mean that all living organisms are not a product of creation, but a product of some sort of re-combination of already existing matter and energy?

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1lessdog, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 219DW, 007FJ, 15 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,705
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.