Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Over/under on this at 10 pages...............

Over-Its already at 8 on the first day and besides ALL COPS ARE BAD.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

UNDER, teh thread has already been hijacked into a pistol technique discussion. That is because ALL COPS ARE GOOD

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That is because ALL COPS ARE GOOD

Only in your dreams.............................................

Like sayin all lawyers are honest. sick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
[Linked Image]

Very nice! smile

Last edited by amx1047; 01/07/09. Reason: Took back the litter box
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Duuude . . . .

I are a lawyer, and I would NEVER, EVER go that far.

BMT

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
grin

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by amx1047
Originally Posted by BMT
[Linked Image]

Very nice! smile

Thanx.

One of the good parts about getting older--I can afford to go to ThunderRanch.

That's me a Clint at "Revolver" school.

BMT

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by amx1047
Originally Posted by BMT
[Linked Image]

Very nice! smile

[Linked Image]
Clint Smith?

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep.

It was very thoughtful of him to move into my state, and set up shop a few miles down the road from one of my buds -- a bud that my wife likes and respects to boot.

It all worked out soooooo well. . . . .

BMT

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
EVERY time I pull the trigger, it's intentional. Can't fathom it being otherwise.

I can. In this case not intentional as in the Officer manifestly wasn't paying full attention to what is right hand was doing.

Long known fact; when ya ain't concentrating on doing something your body reverts to what is popularly termed "muscle memory". A remarkable faculty. It allows us to walk down the street while thinking of something else, or even drive a manual transmission car whithout thinking about that either.

This is why we practice, to build in a sequence of physical motions into our subconscious. But there's a flip side....

Have you never locked yourself out of your house or car while holding an object in your hand that FELT like your keys? Closed the door before you thought about it? Said "Oh damn!" the moment the door locked behind you? Same thing.

This is precisely why some PD's dictate carrying the tazer on the opposite side, so that an arm intitially directed to grab "tazer" doesn't grab "pistol" instead while the owner's full attention is directed elsewhere.

As for pulling the trigger, I'm wondering if the guy hadn't been practicing at home, drawing and dry firing, putting THAT into his muscle memory..

(Dry firing for practice to me is a completely idiotic endeavor. It plants the concept of pulling the trigger without consequences in the muscle memory. I once unthinkingly blew a hole in my wall in that very manner blush)

Regardless, I'd also like to know if that was a standard 5.5 lb Glock trigger. Any handgun I'd use for serious business would need at least an 8lb trigger and up (preferably 12)... PRECISELY because lighter triggers can be pulled unthinkingly under stress or surprise.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ya don't look that old, I wouldn't put you a day past........................................................ 60

grin

Think I remember a case about a computer programmer who left happy hour one day, ran a red light on the way home and killed a woman plus her two kids. Happened a few years back down by Detroit. Must make all computer programmers drunkin murderers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
...Thanx.

That's me a Clint at "Revolver" school.

BMT

Well spit! I'd logged out already. Now I guess I gotta take back my litter. I can't help it if The_Real_Hawkeye wants to leave in his "".

Prolly be tomorrow before anybody wants to help me analyze the BART cops anyway. Personally, I don't think any of them were carrying Tasers, but I need some informed input.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Six rounds in seven seconds from the holster, one handed, doesn't lend time to stage............................................

If the sights are shifting either your grip is wrong or your using way too much finger on the trigger.

What was his time on the "El Presidente'?" Was it a stock gun or had there been trigger work done on it?

If I'm calling the drill by the wrong name, I'm referring to 3 targets at 15 yds, 2 rounds into each target, reload, then 2 more rounds into each target.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't understand why so much energy into something we don't know anything about. Why not wait for the officer's dept. or lawyer to make a statement, then we'll know his side of the story, if he thought he was reaching for a taser, if he had a taser.

Tragic accident, I don't think anyone really thinks at this point he meant to execute a kid in front of a train load of witness's. Whether he got flustered, or is plain stupid, he is going to have to pay along with the city.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Over-All cops are bad and this needs to be discussed ad infinitum

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Under-All cops are good and thats why they train at ThunderRanch.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BMT

Under-All cops are good and thats why they train at ThunderRanch.

Even - All cops are neither bad nor good, they just are.

Lao Tsu

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...(Dry firing for practice to me is a completely idiotic endeavor. It plants the concept of pulling the trigger without consequences in the muscle memory. I once unthinkingly blew a hole in my wall in that very manner blush)...

Dry firing is essential for proper trigger control. I agree, though, that it should not be incorporated with a draw and fire type drill, unless, you would be shooting in that scenario anyway. IOW, a training exercise that incorporates as much realism as possible minus the ammunition. ALL competition shooters, pistol and rifle, incorporate dry-firing in their training regimen. Just plain static dry firing, holding a proper stance and focusing on keeping the front sight from moving. No draw and fire...just pulling the trigger.

Among gun nuts there are two types regarding negligent discharges:

Those who admit having had at least one (or more) negligent discharges, and

liars.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
The best shooters I used to compete against never staged their triggers, shot double action only. But then again what did they know. crazy

One was the first in the country to ever shoot a perfect 600-60x in PPC. Someone should tell him to stage his trigger, he'd shoot better.

His time on the "El Presidente?"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...(Dry firing for practice to me is a completely idiotic endeavor. It plants the concept of pulling the trigger without consequences in the muscle memory. I once unthinkingly blew a hole in my wall in that very manner blush)...

Dry firing is essential for proper trigger control. I agree, though, that it should not be incorporated with a draw and fire type drill, unless, you would be shooting in that scenario anyway. IOW, a training exercise that incorporates as much realism as possible minus the ammunition. ALL competition shooters, pistol and rifle, incorporate dry-firing in their training regimen. Just plain static dry firing, holding a proper stance and focusing on keeping the front sight from moving. No draw and fire...just pulling the trigger.

Among gun nuts there are two types regarding negligent discharges:

Those who admit having had at least one (or more) negligent discharges, and

liars.
Jeff Cooper recommended frequent dry fire practice from the holster.

Also, you will have to call me a liar, because since I first picked up a real firearm in the 1970s till this day, I have never had a gun go off in my hand that I didn't intend to go off.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.