Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
01.00-F PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE. The possession of any tackle or killing device in fields, forests, along streams or in any location known to be game cover, may be considered along with other evidence as prima facie evidence that the possessor is hunting or fishing.

Out of the Arkansas regulations. miles

That's a damn shame.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Folks have become accustomed to being servants it appears.

Well, as soon as they get those who aren't accustomed to being ordered around killed off, things will quieten down a bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Were you there?

Mike

I don't have to have been. The GW is a murderer.

Yep , what I thought

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Old Man shouldn't have died for hunting on his own land by some state employee, who by the way was getting payed by the taxes the old man has payed on this land for the privilege of owning it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Were you there?

Mike

You are excused from jury duty.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
01.00-F PRIMA FACIE EVIDENCE. The possession of any tackle or killing device in fields, forests, along streams or in any location known to be game cover, may be considered along with other evidence as prima facie evidence that the possessor is hunting or fishing.

Out of the Arkansas regulations. miles

That's a damn shame.

The laws were written that way to answer the precise question you had earlier. When is one hunting? If the GW were required to actually catch someone pulling the trigger or in possession of illegal game, it would hard to ever give a ticket. However, it was presumed that game wardens would exercise a bit of discretion. Of course, in today's "compliance at all costs" era of law enforcement, discretion and common sense are in increasingly short supply.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by lodgepole
Were you there?

Mike

You are excused from jury duty.

Nope, I would lie my ass off to get a chance to hang that bastard.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Pretty funny, there was a post about a cop shooting a dog that was running at him (on someones PRIVATE PROPERTY) and everyone said he had no right to be there and it appeared as if the dog was just being friendly and that the cop should have been SHOT.

Fast forward and now it was RIGHT for the GW to not step away from creating a heated situation with an old man over a TURKEY and the GW was right to kill the old man.

Some [bleep] up folks on here with some [bleep] up ideas.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Were you there?

Mike

Alleghany County,,,shooting was in wilkes and the man was from hickory

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was riding in a boat in Alaska along the beach with a rifle during spring bear season, does that mean I am bear hunting?

Most likely .... that is up to the judge and jury to decide ... if there is a situation.

Are you saying that if the biggest Bear in the woods stepped out and mooned you ... you would not have shot him ?

Remember the AK Laws have 'attempting' written into it. That is probably one of the reasons. But maybe you were hunting red squirrels with that .338 !!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unless we have a third party present how does anyone
know what went on as we only have the GW's word for it!!Right!!!
I do believe the 1st post on this subject stated that this GW
had had a previous occurrence some what the same.Seems we are
concluding b4 all the facts are made available, Or will ever be
known. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't know about you but I tend to shoot halibut before bringing them into a 15' Whaler. Didn't know the laws specified what firearm I had to use to do that.

I might have if I had my hunting license, which I always did. Loved riding around with a rifle in December and being asked for my hunting license and showing them my trapping license.

Had more 'stupid' issues with AK Fish and Game than any place I've ever lived.

Had 6 of them (a few flew down from the Juneau office) because my pard was trapping out of season. It was mid-November and someone told them about traps being found. Well code 3 alert, trapping season doesn't start till 1 December. They pulled all 5 traps and were ready to hang. Guess it never dawned on them that a #5 leg hold with a 200 pound drag would be used for WOLF and they didn't know their own damn laws (wolf started on 10 November)

Last edited by Steelhead; 04/13/09.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
At least no turkeys were harmed.
that game warden protected the birds from being killed with corn in thier stomachs and he should get a medal.
that old man had no buisness doing that on his land. in fact how can we be sure its his land. it probably was stolen from some poor indian tribe. had he paid the correct amount of taxs? it might have been govenment land.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure the land owner escalated the misdemeanor offense to a felony which resulted in his death. The same holds true for a speeding motorists whom gets stopped for a civil infraction but introduces a weapon in the event. The GW's entry on the property seemed to be validated as they located the illegal stand.

I'm glad the GW's are OK.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If all a GW or any LEO for that matter has to do to justify a shooting is say, "I was threatened", then that is a license to kill.

In this case, the alleged shooting occurred after 15 minutes of increasingly heated arguing about what was a misdemeanor offense by the GW's own admission. If it were not a crime that would have warranted a shooting by an LEO in order to stop the crime, then a shooting should not be justified when the LEO took 15 minutes to ratchet up the tension.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here's the funny one. Everyone is horrified by the cop that shot the dog (lots said he could have stepped away, which could apply to this situation) but as Calhoun and several have said we aren't paying them to step away. God knows we want them wading into old men turkey hunting on their property with guns drawn.

People are bothered by the dog, and agree with the GW, AMAZING.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2521034/page/0/fpart/1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Seems like there are two sides here, the ones who want to hang the GW based on what little we know, and those who are saying lets find out more before condemning the GW.

The latter seems more reasonable to me.

I dont hear anyone saying the GW was definitely in the right and the old man deserved to die.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It is well past time for reason when things like this happen on as regular a basis as they currently do. I'm ready to set up a guilliotine and begin an American "Reign of Terror".

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's obvious that the law is the law. The badge and gun can't be wrong nor are there witnesses. I'm proud that he want on an old man's property alone and nailed that bastard.

Last edited by Steelhead; 04/13/09.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wadevb1
I'm sure the land owner escalated the misdemeanor offense to a felony which resulted in his death. The same holds true for a speeding motorists whom gets stopped for a civil infraction but introduces a weapon in the event. The GW's entry on the property seemed to be validated as they located the illegal stand.

I'm glad the GW's are OK.

The stand wasn't Illegal, just Illegal corn. The 12 Turkeys on the jury will let the WARDEN off Scott free

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.