Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Link to Article

Excerpt:
Every death of a police officer "in the line of duty" is solemnly memorialized and carefully tabulated. However, there is no official record kept of civilians who are unjustly killed or otherwise brutalized by police.

Each encounter between the police and innocent civilians is a potentially deadly experience for the latter. Thus the real question is not "Why do innocent people flee from the police?" but rather, "What rational person would
submit to the police if he had any reasonable hope of eluding or resisting them?"

Time was an old friend would run from every game warden he saw whether he had broken the law or not, just to have the game wardens chase him.
This crazy SOB could run a mile with combat boots on in a bit over four minutes smile I saw it happen in basic training!
Never saw a GW even get close to catching him.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Credibility for a police officer means ALWAYS telling the truth, even when it goes against you, and NEVER having to guess what the truth is. I had a perp accuse meof lying on the stand once. The judge stopped him in mid sentence and told him that Officer Keith's credibility would never come into question as long as he sat on the bench because he had heard me telling it straight for too many years to ever believe I was not 100%, bang on, telling the truth, both against and in favour of the defendant.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I read page one and jumped to here. I wore the badge, I arrested folks, I never once saw an individual taken advantage of by an officer of the law unless that person started an altercation with the lawman. I have heard yes Sir or yes Maam come from the lawmans lips many times, I have used them in sincerity. Every runner I saw usually had something illegal on their person when tackled. Since I changed careers I have been pulled over several times, I quickly pull over where safe, I keep both hands visible, look them in they eye, and start off with hello Officer whatever their name is on the badge and say Yes Sir or No Sir on the questions. You can see their demeanor change.

So Mr. I choose a monkey for my picture, Sir, until you have pulled someone over with a gun in their lap who freely admits that they would have killed you if you would have been alone, or had a runner turn with a weapon to use because they have a felonous amount of controlled substance on their person and don't want to go back to jail and will sort of shoot or stab you to keep from going back to jail for the third time perhaps you should get your paranoia treated and stop when asked by the lawman who is trying to keep drugs from your kid or a drunk driver from hitting your wife or children. Did your momma ever tell you that you have to give respect to get respect?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
CT

Your probably right,but what i do know is that we would be puckered (sp) up the same!!!.

Still my (only) experiance was "good".

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,411
Posts18,507,124
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.