-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Books are not for reading in the political game, they are for having something to talk about on TV - hell boy everybody knows that.

Their other function is to be a source on campaign funds that isn't regulated by McCain-Fiengold.

Have you ever ran for office in any capacity - give it a try and then criticize her efforts, cause its a way tougher game than cage fighting.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
Studying Lincoln and his arguments for preserving the union, it dawned on me after a while, that Lincoln simply didn't comprehend the plain issues. He didn't understand Madison, much less Jefferson. It is embarrassing really. And look at the destruction he wrought, and the injustice we still suffer because of him.

DixieFreesdomz,

Please expand upon your comments above.

Thank you.

Don

The States created the union and the federal government. The federal government was to be chained down by lawful restrictions as a dutiful servant for the benefit of the sovereign states, most importantly national defense and secondly to provide a lawful way for states to settle squabbles without resorting to regional mini-wars.

Lincoln at the end of the day viewed the national government as some sort of divine idol to be worshipped and preserved at all cost. Hardly a dutiful servant view of the national government. He broke the back of state's sovereignty, destroyed for all intents and purposes the 10th amendment, centralized power and made the federal government very nearly accountable to no one but themselves. ENDA will be passed in the near future and you can lay the blame for this obscene tyranny at the feet of Lincoln. Ten thousand examples can be sighted.

I cannot comprehend how Lincoln could have digested Madison in the Federalist papers and then have done what he did. No way.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"The States created the union and the federal government. The federal government was to be chained down by lawful restrictions as a dutiful servant for the benefit of the sovereign states, most importantly national defense and secondly to provide a lawful way for states to settle squabbles without resorting to regional mini-wars."

And then the states began to rely on the Federal goverment for more and more, making it more powerful and comprehensive.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Sarah never said her book was a conservative manifesto. I expect more later. In the meantime we have Levine's book for that.

I guess so...

Glad she is banking money on it too.

In my mind though...

Take your best shot, strike while the iron is hot. Turn every debate to the Constitution. Make the liberal/communists at every turn come up face to face with the documents. Invoke their principles night and day. Quote them, frame the debate in the context of these documents.

All the veterans here took an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. This is where we take our stand. It is the big picture.

Here is a link to Federalist 45. An entire presidential campaign could be launched and run on this one chapter ALONE.

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa45.htm

This is not elitism.

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/23/09.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
If she wanted to be taken seriously, she should have stayed in office and walked the talk.

If she stayed in office she would have been a lame duck governor, being able to accomplish very little while exposing herself to every liberal critic that had access to the national media...........

In other words she could not "walk the talk" no matter how much she wanted to.

If she wanted to be taken seriously, she would have written a book that defined her policy, rigid-like.

Why?

Are you still confused about what Sara Palin stands for?

I think she made that ABUNDANTLY CLEAR in the many speechs she made as the Republican candidate for the Vice President of the United States!!

The dems are praying that is all the gop has to offer. Time to dig deeper.

Why?

The azzhat voters just elected a political amateur with absolutely no leadership experience who was blatantly anti-business and clearly expressed his intent to redistribute the wealth in this country from the working people to the indolent.

So "digging deeper" is certainly not the answer........

Is it?

Sara Palin has made it clear that she believes that if you work hard you should be able to keep what you earn, unborn babies have a right to life, a person should be able to defend their home and family and that government should stay the [bleep] out of our lives as much as possible.

And right now, considering the alternatives........that's plenty good enough for me.

By the way, this political schit is not rocket science ya' know?

If someone (like Sara Palin) possesses the necessary core values they will instinctively know the "right thing" to do.

And not associate themselves with a convicted terrorists like Bill Ayers or sit in a church for twenty years and listen to someone who is "Goddamming America."

Just saying.......

But, whatever.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Studying Lincoln and his arguments for preserving the union, it dawned on me after a while, that Lincoln simply didn't comprehend the plain issues. He didn't understand Madison, much less Jefferson. It is embarrassing really. And look at the destruction he wrought, and the injustice we still suffer because of him.

DixieFreesdomz,

Thank you.

Don

The States created the union and the federal government. The federal government was to be chained down by lawful restrictions as a dutiful servant for the benefit of the sovereign states, most importantly national defense and secondly to provide a lawful way for states to settle squabbles without resorting to regional mini-wars.

Lincoln at the end of the day viewed the national government as some sort of divine idol to be worshipped and preserved at all cost. Hardly a dutiful servant view of the national government. He broke the back of state's sovereignty, destroyed for all intents and purposes the 10th amendment, centralized power and made the federal government very nearly accountable to no one but themselves. ENDA will be passed in the near future and you can lay the blame for this obscene tyranny at the feet of Lincoln. Ten thousand examples can be sighted.

I cannot comprehend how Lincoln could have digested Madison in the Federalist papers and then have done what he did. No way.

And so this is why the federal government makes the federalist into heroes for school children TR, FDR, Lincoln it's first priority has always been to increase it power and to expand it's size and wealth. Not new and has never changed it's focus. Why not a widespread reading followed by a discussion of the Anti-Federalist papers? Perhaps they had a few insights of what would be the outcome and what this would evolve into.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
Disagree.

Palin is true conservative from her heart.

But unable to articulate it from her head.

I prefer the Heart to Head.

With Reagan and Teddy R we got both.

BMT

This reminds me so much of the argument used against 'touchy feely' liberals two decades or so. They 'knew in their heart' what was true, whiles conservatives demolished their arguments with cold logic.

Now we have touchy feely conservatives? WYF?

This country was founded on the ideals of a government of laws, not men. I don't want politicians who do what they feel in their heart is right. I want politicians that follow the Constitution and the law!

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 3sixbits

DixieFreesdomz,

Thank you.

Don

And so this is why the federal government makes the federalist into heroes for school children TR, FDR, Lincoln it's first priority has always been to increase it power and to expand it's size and wealth. Not new and has never changed it's focus. Why not a widespread reading followed by a discussion of the Anti-Federalist papers? Perhaps they had a few insights of what would be the outcome and what this would evolve into.

YES!!!!! Somebody else who understands the REAL Federalists. The moderates of the day forced the Great Compromise on the Federalists that lead to the ambiguity of sovereignty between federal and state governments and ambiguity between the powers and separation of those powers between the three branches of the federal government. Only by reading and truly understanding the Anti-Federalists Papers can one really understand that the Federalists really wanted a strong consolidated central government.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't want politicians who do what they feel in their heart is right. I want politicians that follow the Constitution and the law!
Interesting. I'd venture the Constitution was largely written from the hearts of the Founding Fathers, and our current laws are written by special interests who have no heart. Another case of be careful what you wish for?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If she is a true conservative, shouldn't she be at home raising her kids?

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
...and wearing a burkha. TIC

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If she is a true conservative, shouldn't she be at home raising her kids?

Boy, Montana Marine you have stepped in it now. When I said that I was handed my head. Let me get my coffee before the fat hits the pan. grin

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

YES!!!!! Somebody else who understands the REAL Federalists. The moderates of the day forced the Great Compromise on the Federalists that lead to the ambiguity of sovereignty between federal and state governments and ambiguity between the powers and separation of those powers between the three branches of the federal government. Only by reading and truly understanding the Anti-Federalists Papers can one really understand that the Federalists really wanted a strong consolidated central government. [/quote]

Did you ever wonder why the southerns held Lincoln in such low esteem for so may decades in the face of all the federal propaganda to the contrary? I started wondering that issue many years ago, at first I thought it was over the slavery issue, My first inclination about the trouble with the widespread history is that it was not be presented fairly was the title in use during the war between the States, first off it was commonly called Mr. Lincoln's war This was the term in wide spread use, no such thing as a civil war at that time. Then I discovered Lincoln withdrawal of Habeas corpus. So much I learned that I was no longer a fan of the school days hero of Lincoln. Any even moderate search of these heroes of federalist history makes for a rapid vaporization of any and all good feelings towards these people.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 3sixbits

YES!!!!! Somebody else who understands the REAL Federalists. The moderates of the day forced the Great Compromise on the Federalists that lead to the ambiguity of sovereignty between federal and state governments and ambiguity between the powers and separation of those powers between the three branches of the federal government. Only by reading and truly understanding the Anti-Federalists Papers can one really understand that the Federalists really wanted a strong consolidated central government.

Did you ever wonder why the southerns held Lincoln in such low esteem for so may decades in the face of all the federal propaganda to the contrary? I started wondering that issue many years ago, at first I thought it was over the slavery issue, My first inclination about the trouble with the widespread history is that it was not be presented fairly was the title in use during the war between the States, first off it was commonly called Mr. Lincoln's war This was the term in wide spread use, no such thing as a civil war at that time. Then I discovered Lincoln withdrawal of Habeas corpus. So much I learned that I was no longer a fan of the school days hero of Lincoln. Any even moderate search of these heroes of federalist history makes for a rapid vaporization of any and all good feelings towards these people.[/quote]

Yes I have. Once one gets beyond the PC history of Lincoln one discovers their isnothing heroic in Lincoln. A truly heroic Lincoln would have followed the Constitution and there never would have been a so-called Civil War.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And so the 14th amendment became the first big transfer of ownership in American after the Emancipation Proclamation. The emancipation Lincoln wrote freed no one, but did enslaved the slave to the federal government and the 14th enslaved us all for future courts. It also limited free speech. Lincoln did well for the Federalist.

A wonderful law school question, How many slaves did the emancipation proclamation free? The answer is a nice round number,zero.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't bother to read any of the self-serving tripe ghost written by politicians (or celebrities...if there's a difference), and am modestly surprised that anyone takes Palin's, or any other politician's, book seriously. Like all politicians, Palin is simply pandering to her constituency, and will parrot (or more accurately, her ghost writer and publisher will parrot) whatever platitudes they believe necessary to sell Palin's book. Nothing more nor less.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't bother to read any of the self-serving tripe ghost written by politicians (or celebrities...if there's a difference), and am modestly surprised that anyone takes Palin's, or any other politician's, book seriously. Like all politicians, Palin is simply pandering to her constituency, and will parrot (or more accurately, her ghost writer and publisher will parrot) whatever platitudes they believe necessary to sell Palin's book. Nothing more nor less.

DITTOS +1,000

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a good concertive mom [she bear] will look after her kids now and in the future .she sees things she dont like ,shes going to do something about it . grin smile

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

K
K
The Liberals fear/hate her, all I need to know at this time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tod
Originally Posted by BMT
Disagree.

Palin is true conservative from her heart.

But unable to articulate it from her head.

I prefer the Heart to Head.

With Reagan and Teddy R we got both.

BMT

This reminds me so much of the argument used against 'touchy feely' liberals two decades or so. They 'knew in their heart' what was true, whiles conservatives demolished their arguments with cold logic.

Now we have touchy feely conservatives? WYF?

This country was founded on the ideals of a government of laws, not men. I don't want politicians who do what they feel in their heart is right. I want politicians that follow the Constitution and the law!

I agree with RickyD when he said this. "I'd venture the Constitution was largely written from the hearts of the Founding Fathers, and our current laws are written by special interests who have no heart."

They are heartless. They're led by darkness. They mean to do harm. They've proven themselves malicious in the extreme. The founding fathers (most of them anyway) proved the exact opposite.

Personally, I want politicians who follow the Constitution and the law because that's what is in their hearts to do. Being led by the heart to lead the nation back to the constitution, back to its roots and back to sanity. And the liberals with their continuous barrage of BS be damned.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.