Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Back to the original topic, whether the morons in Topeka believe what they spout or not, they're the only church that uses their particular cause as a fund raiser. They are despicable people regardless.

+1

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I would have trouble believing there is one Christian in the whole group. Yes, they are the kind of folks who give Christians a bad name. And yes, anyone who wanted not to believe would point a finger at them and say, "If that is Christianity, I don't want any part of it."

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by RAS2
Explain them if you please.

I am not your teacher. Do not presume to be mine. When I initially contributed to this thread I was under the impression that it had evolved through a desire to understand�why these fundamental extremists thought it "okay" to disrespect our fallen hero's and their families. The fallen are truly my saviors.

I did not see that there were ulterior motives, and hidden agenda's behind the initial questions. I should have known better.

I apologize for having tried to contribute to your ideology, I had no business.

-=tpr=-

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That crew -- Westboro -- is wrong. Period. But just because they are wrong doesn't invalidate the Bible, God, or the Lord Jesus Christ. God is always right -- mark it down -- and he always DOES right, whether anyone including me agrees with him.

Nuff said!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok. Thought you might care to explain what you mean.

They are Christian in name only. Just because I say I'm a polar bear does not make me one. I must also look and act like one.

Good night sir and God bless.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
jimmyp,

a book written by men, altered over time by other men all of whom claim some special connection with God. The new testament itself was "fixed" by the early Roman catholic church to justify its teachings and beliefs. Many of the early books written about the life of Christ were left out and are largely lost.

Anything that man touches he corrupts for power or to justify his position. Who really knows what God wants?

Respect for the dead and for people that give their lives for my country is a separate topic, if I was the father of one of these soldiers I would find myself arrested for battery.

You need to do a lot more reading about ancient litterature.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A man scared for his life and condition, clings to the notion that there exists a God. That man is scared of nature and of his fellow man. He is scared of education, and his world is shaken by the idea that he might be alone when he dies.

You are a foolish person to say the person who clings to the notion that there exista a God is scared of education. I have met several Ph.D scientist who are Bible believing Christians.

You are trying to use logic and yet laws of logic demand Something trancending them: Like absolute morality. These enities are immaterial and universal and consistant with the God of the Bible. If nature were all there is, then these enities would not exist. Nature is in constant flux.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
jeffdwhite,

At least the Christians don't kill ya if you
don't agree with 'em, like those awful Muslims do.

OH WAIT - I guess I should add "at least not lately anyway"... oh nevermind!

If you read the Muslim's holy book, you will discover itis their duty to kill the infadels. If you read the New Testament you will find Jesus taught to turn the other cheek if you are struck. So if you are consistant you will understand those who claim to be Christian and harm others are not acting according to the New Testament.

Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i am so thankful that the Jews didn't kilt the Christ. they were innocent!

and the Islamic fundamentalists didn't even enter upon the stage until about 600 AD more or less.

Christians, as meek and mild as can be, roam the countryside, we know we are safe.

when the Muslims engage physicality in the effort to kilt the Great Satan of the West, well, now we have a dilemma, don't we?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You have a point on the literature I guess, though I am
going by hearsay on the Quran, have not read any of it.

Though I doubt that would be much comfort to the dead folks
killed by crusaders, the natives the Spanish "converted"
the pagans killed by Charlemagne, victims of various inquisitions, prot/catholic feuding, I could go on forever
with that line, but anyway it is depressing and I'd rather
move on to more pleasant thoughts. We humans do some nasty
things to each other for too many reasons.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite
You have a point on the literature I guess, though I am
going by hearsay on the Quran, have not read any of it.

the pagans killed by Charlemagne, victims of various inquisitions, prot/catholic feuding, I could go on forever
things to each other for too many reasons

vel, can't the Muslims and Jews fight each other over something or another? uh, i don't what exactly, but surely something? grin

and the Christians, inclusive of the Protestants, the Catholics, and the Baptists. wink

can you imagine what a Buddhist-Christian might look like? or a Hindu-Muslim-Jew? or a Christian-Native American? Get real. there's clear lines of demarcation, and we all know what they are, don't we? grin

Last edited by Gus; 03/03/11.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite

things to each other for too many reasons.

The Bible condemns all of the above. Those who do them are acting completely contrary to Christian beliefs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Gus
can you imagine what a Buddhist-Christian might look like? or a Hindu-Muslim-Jew? or a Christian-Native American?

Sounds a lot like American cultural "spirituality" to me or what sociologist Christian Smith called "moralistic therapeutic deism" after a study he conducted of youth in "Evangelical" churches as well as the unchurched.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Spent 50 years in churches...gave them about a quarter of a million dollars....and got nothing in return. My advise is run for your life....and soul's sake.
I'll ask this as respectfully as possible, but.... that statement implies you were trying to PURCHASE something? If that is the case, you were 100% guaranteed to be disappointed.
Hopefully I just completely misunderstood. Wouldn't be the first time.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheProRifle
Originally Posted by efw
... but by what standard do you come to that conclusion?

How does one who claims to believe in no ultimate standard and right and wrong make any such claims? Seems to me to be self-contradictory.

Well I never said I had no standard. I use my eyes and ears, and I follow my heart. I do not claim to have the corner either, but more important than identifying a single standard is ensuring there are no double standards. From my experience, when good people do this, good things happen.

-=tpr=-
This is an interesting thread. Sorry I missed it unitl now. TPR, not sure if you are much of a movie watcher, but I'd really recommend you watching this movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295725/ Actually regardless of anyone's belief system (or lack there-of) I found it to be VERY interesting, even if just from a historical standpoint (American history) as well as it's obvious moral/ethic relativeness message. Warning: Despite a few big name actors, the acting is pretty bad. It 'almost' distracts from the plot/message but it is one of the very few movies I've seen that will have you REALLY thinking and hopefully appreicating some things a little more. Also VERY timely. But ironically, given the title, it's probably always timely.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I actually know a fair number of Christian Native Americans.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And... I have not judged anyone here. So far I have been insulted with name-calling twice in the last two pages. I am blown away by how little command is had of this language, and how misunderstood simple words like "hypocrite" and "sin" are.

-=tpr=-
TPR?

Originally Posted by RAS2
A fool says in his heart there is no God. frown

A man scared for his life and condition, clings to the notion that there exists a God. That man is scared of nature and of his fellow man. He is scared of education, and his world is shaken by the idea that he might be alone when he dies.
-=tpr=-
I actually sort of enjoy talking to (non-militant) atheists but do you honestly find that statement non-judgemental?

NRA Lifer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, I did it. I read the entire 12 pages! Where's my cookie? grin
In regards to the OP's original question, I am reminded of a phrase... "You can put your boots in the oven, but that don't make 'em biscuts."
Oddly enough, like most all long threads that started off with a question, the OP got his answer on the first page....
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I have NO IDEA where they come up with the justification for what they do, but I can CERTAINLY tell you where they go wrong.

Jesus, the Son of God...When he was here on earth he gave out ONE and only ONE commandment:

John 13:34-35:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. And they shall know you are my followers, because of your love.

Do you see anything about what Westboro is doing that conveys love?

I look at John 13:34-35 as God's divine "BS Detector", and mine is pegged when I look at what Westboro does.

NRA Lifer

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (01Foreman400, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,605
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.