-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must make an appointment with the Principle on the matter. give him or her the details and ask them to do something about it.

If there is no satisfaction or something bad happens after the meeting then go to the next level which may be the Superintendent.

Of course your son should defend himself but just that. No 'beating up' etc.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The main thing that I hope happens with my son is that he doesn't take to it like I did.
I gave a lot of beatings that I wish I had walked away from now. At least my wife and kids never saw that side of me and I pray they never have to.

With the whole Dads and sons event; I would certainly not promote that in any way. Give him the tools to take care of it himself and let him do it at his own discretion and only if necessary. Do not involve yourself in that in any way.

A boy who sees his father throw down could have a tainted view of things from then on. It's best to have that out of your system prior to kid rearing.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
My son was going through the same thing a couple of months ago and I'll tell you what I told him.

Hit em first, hit em hard and don't stop hitting till he don't want no more.

I first told my son to talk to the principle and give him every fair warning possible that if the kid didn't shut his mouth, Augustus was going to shut it for him. He relayed this info to the principle and told him what I said to do. Me and the principle had already covered this ground and he knew where I stood, so what happened the next day didn't come as a surprise.

Long story short, the boy needed an attitude adjustment and that's just what my son gave him. Of course with that comes the problem of a new-found power that he feels he can use at will. Going through that actually right now.

Parenting, there's a whole lotta things they didn't tell me when I hired on with this outfit.
That is exactly what my dad taught me and it's the only way to go. Only let up when he has had enough. And dad needs to stay out of it and only deal with the bullies father.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My uncle gave me those words of wisdom when I was faced with a bully problem. Mom was none-to-impressed at the time, since my uncle was a notorious cleanup man in Texas honkytonks, but the tips and techniques he passed on lasted a lifetime.

One day maybe I'll write a book about Uncle George, as it could enlighten many as to the days gone by when men were men and gardens were best tended to by 8 year old kids while you sat in the shade with a coffee cup, newspaper and a pack of Viceroys.
He was something of a Chuck Norris meets Rancid Crabtree kind of fella and if you understood that, you'd probably enjoy the book......(grin)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
And NEVER hit a guy who is down.

What's with the Marquess of Queensberry rules? This isn't a sporting event.

of course, you don't hit a guy who is down. that's when you kick him.

well, at the risk of getting flamed as a lawyer puzzy, I'd be real careful about a premeditated beat down. the kids dad sounds like exactly the kind of wimp who will call the police and charge your kid with battery. and sue you. and get the school involved to suspend or expel him. Don't quite know why you need the big dramatic High Noon experience.....a few subtle elbow spikes and in your face "don't f with me" experiences seem like they should do the trick.

my son beat the crap out of two different kids at boarding school in two different years, both of whom richly deserved it. one got him suspended for three days...not much of a fight, but it shut the kid up for good..., one for a week and I had to pay the emergency room bill for the kid he went off on, that one being a pretty significant beat down....and that kid conveniently got caught stealing in the dorm and expelled later that year.

if your boy can accomplish it subtly rather than dramatically in a way that will likely involve the school, the police, and your insurance company, that's the way to go.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
And NEVER hit a guy who is down.

What's with the Marquess of Queensberry rules? This isn't a sporting event.

of course, you don't hit a guy who is down. that's when you kick him.

well, at the risk of getting flamed as a lawyer puzzy, I'd be real careful about a premeditated beat down. the kids dad sounds like exactly the kind of wimp who will call the police and charge your kid with battery. and sue you. and get the school involved to suspend or expel him. Don't quite know why you need the big dramatic High Noon experience.....a few subtle elbow spikes and in your face "don't f with me" experiences seem like they should do the trick.

my son beat the crap out of two different kids at boarding school in two different years, both of whom richly deserved it. one got him suspended for three days...not much of a fight, but it shut the kid up for good..., one for a week and I had to pay the emergency room bill for the kid he went off on, that one being a pretty significant beat down....and that kid conveniently got caught stealing in the dorm and expelled later that year.

if your boy can accomplish it subtly rather than dramatically in a way that will likely involve the school, the police, and your insurance company, that's the way to go.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better yet, wait till the last couple days of school, then he won't get in trouble. And if he does,..who cares. They'll forget about it by the time school starts up next fall.

Hope he beats the tar out of that kid. I hate bullies..!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah, that's a thought. the day after school is out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The last time I had a bully try to push me after 4-5 warnings I let him have it! Ended with a bloody nose,split lip,scraped up knee, broken collar bone and fired for assault! I ended with sore hands and a week off but before I left the job site was told to report to another job site on Monday (was Thursday)and the Boss paid me for Friday.Sometimes bully's get there's and it pay to have friends! Clint

just for Fun
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Take the reins off the boy and turn him loose. He will know when the time is right. Best you have no part in it or are around when it happens. Tell him once it starts dont stop till either he or the bully cant go anymore. Win or lose that bully and any others around will get the picture that there are easier kids to mess with that him and the bs will be over. If he gets a cuople days off school so be it. Get his make up work have him do it, then take a day off with him and go fishin. Those are the kind of things kids dont forget i know i didnt. Had some of the best conversations with my dad ever on those kinds of days.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My uncle gave me those words of wisdom when I was faced with a bully problem. Mom was none-to-impressed at the time, since my uncle was a notorious cleanup man in Texas honkytonks, but the tips and techniques he passed on lasted a lifetime.

One day maybe I'll write a book about Uncle George, as it could enlighten many as to the days gone by when men were men and gardens were best tended to by 8 year old kids while you sat in the shade with a coffee cup, newspaper and a pack of Viceroys.
He was something of a Chuck Norris meets Rancid Crabtree kind of fella and if you understood that, you'd probably enjoy the book......(grin)
Sounds a little bit like my dad. I remember when I was probably about 12 years old he stopped at a bar to have a beer on the way home from work, 3 guys were giving him a ration of chit about something. He shrugged it off for a while but it got to the point where he had had enough so he proceeded to beat the crap out of them. He took some hits but those 3 guys got the worst of it and 1 ended up in the hospital. This was in the early 70's when people weren't so sue happy or so pc.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
make sure it is one on one and no witnesses. don't want to see your son on you tube ! i say let er rip ! nip it in the bud now when they are still young. it could fester to murder or suicide later

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The main thing that I hope happens with my son is that he doesn't take to it like I did.
I gave a lot of beatings that I wish I had walked away from now. At least my wife and kids never saw that side of me and I pray they never have to.

That's exactly how I feel also.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I had to deal with bullies all during school because I was a little guy (plus I skipped a grade). I went to 7 different schools in the first 7 years of school and I had to prove myself every time I showed up at a new school. I found out early on that it was best to react instantly as soon as someone attempted to bully me. If someone pushes or grabs you that is an assault and my reaction was to hit them as hard as I could as soon as they touched me. It usually only took one bullying attempt and the word got around that I wasn't a good target to pick on. If somebody tried to bully me verbally I'd get right back in their face. If they said they were going to kick my a** after school I'd always say "What's wrong with right now?" They always backed down. I actually had very few fights because when the bullies figured out that I would fight back they left me alone. I gave my son the same advice (he's a lot bigger than I am) and he made it through a pretty tough school system. He got suspended once when he got jumped in the restroom by 2 kids and he started whipping up on both of them. One of the kids got lose and found the janitor. The janitor had to pull my son of the kid he was still whipping on. Both boys told the proncipal that my son had started the fight. I talked to the principal the next morning so the suspension only lasted an hour or so. The other 2 kids got no punishment at all.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the advice guys. The wife reminded me about some parents that had charges pressed on them about six months ago for setting up their kids to fight. I decided it's probably best not to go there.

Did give Tyler the green light, just hope he doesn't hurt the kid too bad............Don't need any law suits or hospital bills to pay for!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First. You as a parent and your son, as a student, document in writing the history of bullying. Mail it to the Principal and the Sup. registered mail. Every time the bully or his dad say or do anything, document it fully. A written report to the SO would be a good idea too. After you get a long list of incidences and sufficiently document that you are trying to get the school to stop this bully and that the bullying is going on during school and after school as well, (do not say or write anything indicating that you or your son intend to fight) THEN when the bullying becomes soooooo bad that it is unbearable, THEN he will, at some point, have to defend himself. He should do so as quickly and as decisively as possible to stop the imminent threat of being beat up. As a school person I would suggest that this be done off school property and not at a school sponsored/sanctioned event. The more you can keep the school out of it the better for yourself and your son. Bullies like to fight at school. There is someone to break it up and they get a lot of mileage out of being in the fight. Out of school they usually skulk off before the fight can happen. If they show up at school with two black eyes and their nose the size of a cantaloupe, they won't want to talk about the fight very much, especially if your son is unscathed.

I had the problem as a kid too. Big kid but good natured. One punk kept it up. Finally had enough before a basketball game one night. I hit him a couple of times and he got me in a leg lock around my waist. For some odd reason he kept trying to sit up. Every time he would I would give him an alternate left or right cross. Cut both cheeks and his nose looked like a sex change operation gone wrong. I didn't have a mark on me, played the game and he never said another word to me. Different day and time.

Oldest son used to take them out so quick they didn't ever get to the office and I was the Asst. Principal! I think he told them that if they reported it he would kick their asses again. He stepped up to a kid who outweighed him by 30# once When the other kid pushed a girl. The other kid backed off quick. Teachers told me about that one. I called him in and told him how proud I was of him.

I can tell you that the arranged fight thing does not accomplish what you want to happen. I did that once and it didn't work for myself or with my son. In my case the kid didn't want to fight so my dad told the other day to shut his own cowardly kid up. He did. My son fought and the tow boys were worn out but the animosity continued. Never did work itself out.

The other two were bigger than I am so nobody really gave them any guff. After watching the youngest one on the football field for four years nobody wanted any part of him. Basketball was just an extension of football for him. He would foul out in a quarter until he learned to foul subtly. But after that quarter the other team was suitably gun shy.

Bottom line is that there is only one way to stop a bully and it ain't reason and rationale. Protect yourself and your son. Document.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put up with this crap in school too. This one kid and his crew decided I was their target, and it became readily obvious that nothing short of a severe beating would ever change this. Mom and Dad knew all about it. Dad told me when the time came, I'd know what to do. He was a gentle giant with a little known dark side. He had been a bouncer for several years prior to the war, and had been in quite a few scraps. He had shown me how to throw a punch, how to block one, and how to win a fight. Mom always was against violence of any kind. Finally, after a particularly rough day with the kid and his buddies, even Mom had seen enough. She told me she was opposed to fighting, but that I needed to deal with him swiftly, and harshly. I'm sure this was the toughest thing my mom every had to say to one of her kids.

The next day at school the kid followed me down the hall to lunch and once again pushed me hard from behind. Without a second's hesitation, I spun and hit him squarely in the nose. He went down in a pile on the floor and his buddies came towards me. I hit the closest one in the face, and he went down too. The whole thing took less than 10 seconds. They both had broken noses and horrific black eyes shortly. I never got bullied again. The week of suspension was tough. Dad could only get two days off work, so we only got out fishing twice!

Strike fast, strike first, and keep striking until the threat is eliminated. Period.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,065
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.