Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
C
CWD Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I just ordered one for my 6.5x55. This will be my 1st Clements trigger and can't wait to try it out.

RLTW
NRA Benefactor Member
GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
They are nice!....Tom

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Got me a Clements trigger that's going in my #1 .25-06 in the mail yesterday. What a really NICE piece of hardware. Beautiful EDM work. Can't wait to get it in and the rest of the action slicked up good.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What's the going price for a Clements trigger?

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$90 plus $5 shipping. Just got two of them.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Can't wait to get it in and the rest of the action slicked up good.
This is important to note. I don't know how much bullshit I read -- and rest assured, it most certainly is BULLSHIT -- about how simply installing a trigger has changed someone's life, made them luckier with the ladies, made the air smell fresher, etc. In order to get the ACTUAL BENEFIT of a different trigger in a No. 1 -- or any rifle -- an actual "trigger job" must be performed. This includes polishing the sear and hammer engagement surfaces, clipping coils from or replacing the hammer spring, etc. Simply replacing the trigger doesn't do a damned thing to address those areas of a trigger pull.

And yes, I know you understand this, Skeezix, I wanted to point this out to someone who might have the idea that they can get a good trigger via some kind of "shake 'n bake" process.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One can only assume you never had a Canjar single set trigger in any of your number ones ?

2.5 pounds inset, 2-3 ounces set. Actions (several) as issued. Fine for good weather shooting.

In most rifles, trigger jobs are a waste of time. The best, most reliable, foolproof triggers ever made for hunting were the 1903 National Match Springfield, commercial German pre war Mausers (two stage), followed by the New Haven design Model 70 (single stage).

These two will stand up to conditions that would kill most other triggers while still providing excellent performance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by twister999
One can only assume you never had a Canjar single set trigger in any of your number ones ?

2.5 pounds inset, 2-3 ounces set. Actions (several) as issued. Fine for good weather shooting.

In most rifles, trigger jobs are a waste of time. The best, most reliable, foolproof triggers ever made for hunting were the 1903 National Match Springfield, commercial German pre war Mausers (two stage), followed by the New Haven design Model 70 (single stage).

These two will stand up to conditions that would kill most other triggers while still providing excellent performance.
One can only conclude you're a f*cking moron. Anyone who makes statements like "trigger jobs are a waste of time" doesn't have a clue and couldn't buy a clue even if their lives depended on it. Your post is nothing more than barely regurgitated HORSESHIT that you've obviously culled from an article or website of dubious value.

A lighter and crisper trigger pull is going to be accomplished via simple mechanics: reducing the amount of force required to disengage the hammer or striker from the sear by reducing spring tension and/or reducing the coefficient of friction on the sear engagement surface. PERIOD.

A trigger by itself does none of those things. A trigger can offer a "sexy" set feature or a specialized overtravel setting, but it isn't going to do a damned thing at reducing the amount of force necessary to reliably fire.

Your first two "examples" are rifles that were semi-custom in nature; they have excellent finishing, therefore they'd better have a damned good trigger pull right out of the box. The "New Haven" Model 70? Don't make me laugh. That "example" alone indicates you don't have a clue in hell. Some Model 70s had good triggers right off the bat and some didn't regardless of the amount of adjustment made. It was totally dependent on the condition of the sear engagement surfaces and springs. The last two Model 70s I bought had trigger and striker springs that could've been used for automobile suspensions and one had a sear engagement notch that required recutting because it was so damned wide.

Pull your head out of your ass before making a further reply.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have found no better trigger for the #1 than Dave's with the first installed many years ago. Good to see he is running them again.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have you ever used a Moyer trigger?

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=57

Just curious.....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mausershooter
Have you ever used a Moyer trigger?

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=57

Just curious.....
Absolute CRAP. We've discussed those [bleep] things in the past. They are nothing more than a very poor quality reproduction of the so-called three-screw Ruger trigger.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My experience has been that if I ignore Bricktop's advice it is at my own peril.

The messenger may come across as a bit strident( OK, a lot strident), but the message is consistently accurate.

Consider the number of posters who are frequently in error, but never in doubt. Bricktop is not one of them.

Listen and learn, and be grateful. I am.

Steve

Last edited by 7x57STEVE; 06/24/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
My experience has been that if I ignore Bricktop's advice it is at my own peril.

The messenger may come across as a bit strident( OK, a lot strident), but the message is consistently accurate.

Consider the number of posters who are frequently in error, but never in doubt. Bricktop is not one of them.

Listen and learn, and be grateful. I am.

Steve
Thank you for the kind words.

There are a lot of good trigger upgrades worth owning and adding to a No. 1. The Moyers is not one of them.

Regardless of what someone opts for the No. 1, be it a Canjar, a Kepplinger (those are absolute Cadillacs) or a Clements, you're not going to see any real benefits unless the guts to the fire control group are polished and fitted appropriately. (The as-issued and much maligned "two-screw" Ruger factory trigger is actually pretty damned good provided the sear and hammer have been polished correctly.) I've messed with these No. 1s for a little while now and the truth is there just aren't any shortcuts to a good trigger pull.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My uncle has a #1 in a Wasp. I played with it for a while. I think, I'm sure it is the factory trigger in it. I want to built a falling block. I want to build something like an 1885. I was in Moyers shop a couple of months ago and got the nickel tour. He is a nice man and seem very knowledgeable. I know a couple of guys that swear by his work, but they don�t have any of his products. I just picked up a lathe and I�m doing research for my falling block project. I don�t know that much about falling blocks. Most of my knowledge is for 1911�s, and bolt action rifles.

I live walking distance to Moyers shop. He milled a front sight slot on a 1911 slide for me. He did very good work. For what that is worth.

I have several Mausers with Kepplinger triggers. I prefer kepplingers to other triggers I have. They do cost considerably more than a timney triggers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was in Moyers shop a couple of months ago and got the nickel tour. He is a nice man and seem very knowledgeable.
I'm sure he's a great human being, but his products suck.

I know a couple of guys that swear by his work, but they don�t have any of his products.
Which seems to be a common denominator.

I live walking distance to Moyers shop. He milled a front sight slot on a 1911 slide for me. He did very good work. For what that is worth.
Very little in this context.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have used a Moyers trigger on my IV for 10 years now. No complaints. No creep and about 2.5 lbs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
I have used a Moyers trigger on my IV for 10 years now. No complaints. No creep and about 2.5 lbs.
The perceived creep and weight have very little to do with the trigger itself and everything to do with the condition of the sear engagement surfaces. A properly tuned hammer and sear produces the same results as you've described with an as-issued Ruger factory trigger. There seems to be some sort of belief founded in nothing more than ignorance that simple installation of a trigger can remedy any trigger pull issues.

As has been posted inumerable times, the Moyers trigger is nothing more than a crude copy of the Ruger three-screw trigger. It features an adjustment screw for pull weight -- just like the currently manufactured Ruger factory trigger -- an overtravel adjustment -- just like on the currently manufactured Ruger factory trigger -- and a sear engagement adjustment -- a feature that can only be accessed by removing the butt stock on a No. 1. Ruger deemed it such a decidedly UN-useful feature that they discontinued it about 30 years ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i have tried the moyer years ago and it seemed to be a remake of the original ruger steel trigger with all of the adjustment screws if i recall correctly.
if you study the trigger design of the numer 1 &3 it becomes apparent that the "trigger" is just a lever to activate the linkage to take the force to the sear at the hammer engagement point. hope that makes sense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any body got a website for the clements trigger?

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coach_W
Google it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And what do yall think about the JARD trigger... its linkless.. from what I can tell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Google it.

No shiz... really didnt think of that.... I googled "clements ruger no 1" and the first thing is this thread... and nothing that really jumped out as their home page even... I guess I should have googled it harder.

I was really just looking for the ordering page, or maybe some more info about it, as I'm new to the no 1 and never heard of it.

Last edited by Coach_W; 06/25/12.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And what do yall think about the JARD trigger... its linkless.. from what I can tell.
Ask kctbear, he has one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Google it.
No shiz... really didnt think of that.... I googled "clements ruger no 1" and the first thing is this thread... and nothing that really jumped out as their home page even... I guess I should have googled it harder.

I was really just looking for the ordering page, or maybe some more info about it, as I'm new to the no 1 and never heard of it.
Clements+guns. It's not hard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

THats the website Im getting but not seeing the no 1 trigger? Maybe Im missing something?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

THats the website Im getting but not seeing the no 1 trigger? Maybe Im missing something?
Are you wanting someone else to do your legwork? Look on the items for sale page. Call or email them for information beyond that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just figured with your vast experience in no 1 after market triggers Id find some information here about the trigger.

The website says "I have the following custom parts in stock:

Ruger #1 blue adjustable triggers"

and thats all that it mentions... with no easy way to process an order, search the site, or find ANY other information without calling them.. as its 10pm here I doubt theyd answer the phone...

So I asked a question... Not looking for someone to "do my leg work" but looking for information about said trigger.

With such a poorly designed website, I would hope they put more effort into the design of their trigger...

All these things beg questions... what better place to ask than an internet forum, on a thread discussing said trigger... you led me here from the 08 thread (which is where I guess I pissed you off) to answer "google it"

Thanks so much for all the help and sharing your vast knowledge on the subject, Im much better off now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just figured with your vast experience in no 1 after market triggers Id find some information here about the trigger.

The website says "I have the following custom parts in stock:

Ruger #1 blue adjustable triggers"

and thats all that it mentions... with no easy way to process an order, search the site, or find ANY other information without calling them.. as its 10pm here I doubt theyd answer the phone...

So I asked a question... Not looking for someone to "do my leg work" but looking for information about said trigger.

With such a poorly designed website, I would hope they put more effort into the design of their trigger...

All these things beg questions... what better place to ask than an internet forum, on a thread discussing said trigger... you led me here from the 08 thread (which is where I guess I pissed you off) to answer "google it"

Thanks so much for all the help and sharing your vast knowledge on the subject, Im much better off now.
Does actual human interaction REALLY intimidate you that much? If it was something I REALLY wanted, I believe I'd get off my ass and make a telephone call to Clements in the morning or send them an email right now. But that's me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope I interact with people all the time... Goes with the job. And an email has all ready been sent.

But none of this pointless bickering has gotten me any closer to learning anything about the Clements trigger, or the jard trigger.

Its ok to say "I don't know"... I know, I know, you have an internet tough guy/ know it all image to uphold, so I will simply bow out of this gracefully before you have to admit you'd rather be rude than admit you don't know a thing about the triggers in question.

So Im off to "google it".

Thanks again for all the help.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But none of this pointless bickering has gotten me any closer to learning anything about the Clements trigger, or the jard trigger.
Someone else helped you come to that realization, too, I'm sure. Of course that won't stop you from asking more redundantly stupid questions or digging up ancient threads involving departed members.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My God does this dope ever shut up ? The world's greatest #1 expert who doesn't know squat about aftermarket triggers for it and probably owns none either. What can you expect from from a fool in nowhere Wyoming ? Wonder how he lives in Wyoming and teaches in Oklahoma ? One or the other is false.

Funny how almost every gunwriter with any creds, will tell you that the old M 70 trigger was one of the best hunting triggers ever made.
No doubt he has never even seen, not to consider, shot a 1903 Springfield National Match rifle or a pre war commercial Mauser. Both are excellent triggers with the built in safety of a two stage pull.

As the previous writer noted correctly, all he does is "pointless bickering" backed up with nothing but cussing and a love of one of our worst presidents who did so much for building a nation of Greeks.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
BT knows his stuff when it comes to single shots. If you can't read through a post of his without getting your feelings hurt, you might want to look elsewhere for information.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My God does this dope ever shut up ? The world's greatest #1 expert who doesn't know squat about aftermarket triggers for it and probably owns none either. What can you expect from from a fool in nowhere Wyoming ? Wonder how he lives in Wyoming and teaches in Oklahoma ? One or the other is false.

Funny how almost every gunwriter with any creds, will tell you that the old M 70 trigger was one of the best hunting triggers ever made.
No doubt he has never even seen, not to consider, shot a 1903 Springfield National Match rifle or a pre war commercial Mauser. Both are excellent triggers with the built in safety of a two stage pull.

As the previous writer noted correctly, all he does is "pointless bickering" backed up with nothing but cussing and a love of one of our worst presidents who did so much for building a nation of Greeks.
Why hello, LARRY ROOT!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like I said, he just canoot shut up. Every check his posts ? Yest to see the huge collection of #1s with custom triggers. Don't know who this "larry" is but probably another fragment of this yappers empty mind.

Cant seem to splain how he is in two places at 1 time.

probably out drinking mad dog tonite to celebrate Lyndon's ugly baasaad brat opened the door for the half-breeds to "tax" all of us for anything they dont like.

looks like his veracity is open to question.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Why hello, LARRY ROOT!"

Now I'm really confused. I thought we had established that Bricktop was LARRY ROOT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like I said, he just canoot shut up. Every check his posts ? Yest to see the huge collection of #1s with custom triggers. Don't know who this "larry" is but probably another fragment of this yappers empty mind.

probably out drinking mad dog tonite to celebrate Lyndon's ugly baasaad brat opened the door for the half-breeds to "tax" all of us for anything they dont like.

looks like his veracity is open to question.
Same old horseshit syntax, same old horseshit Larry. You're pretty easy to spot, you worthless [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No question, twister999 is none other than Larry, I'm a psychopath, Root.

No question at all.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam
No question, twister999 is none other than Larry, I'm a psychopath, Root.

No question at all.

WOW!

A cat has but 9 lives... shocked

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't seem to "splain" why in the f*ck you keep coming back after you've been unceremoniously booted off time and again, Larry.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still can't splain who this ghost that haunts him "larry" is identified and how he can live in two places at the same time.

That skinny little white boy with the dead sow sure dowsn't laook a bit like the tough black gansta shown here.

more questions than answers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why hello, LARRY ROOT!

Good call!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Larry!

How about regaling us with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Absolutely riveting and fascinating tales! wink

Oh, btw. Looked for you while I was in Pinedale earlier this month. Even asked around. No one seemed to know who you were. Even the folks down at the shooting range!

No public computer hooked up with shared accounts for the Campfire. No list of user names and passwords on the bulletin board at the shooting range as you've previously crowed about.

Seems you're just a pathological LIAR!

As everyone already knew... there's no hundred "friends" lurking and participating on the Campfire. Just YOU Sybil! wink

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Hey Larry!

How about regaling us with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Oh, btw. Looked for you while I was in Pinedale earlier this month. Even asked around. No one seemed to know who you were. Even the folks down at the shooting range!

No public computer hooked up with shared accounts for the Campfire. No list of user names and passwords on the bulletin board at the shooting range as you've previously crowed about.

Seems you're just a pathological LIAR!

As everyone already knew... there's no hundred "friends" lurking and participating on the Campfire. Just YOU Sybil! wink

And he writes in the first person plural... crazy

Need to check the new DSM-5. That's the Publication of the fifth edition of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The 5th edition hasn't been out that long and there could be something new on cases like this.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose you were looking for someone that Bricktop is scared crapless of.
I suppose if I lived in Pinedale (WY right), like Bricktop, then I would find this person myself.
I suppose everyone who asks Bricktop the obvious questions about his residence and workplace is identified as this "larry" person.
I suppose he needs fools like you to defend him as he can't handle it himself.
I suppose you are just not equipped to understand that a lot of members on this site are not too wild about Bricktop, his claims of being the all knowing OZ and a "hunter" who takes pride in shooting a nursing sow.
I suppose you are unaware there are no wild pigs in Wyoming.
I hope your visit to Pinedale was not a complete waste of time, hope to get there one day but it's a bit of a haul. The Cirque of the Towers is on my bucket list, nothing like that in Texas I'm sure.
Do have to compliment your amazing ability to construct bogey men out of thin air.
I suppose while you were in Pinedale you, like Bricktop, were shaking too hard to pick up a phone book and try calling this ghost that haunts your every moment ?
I suppose that pointing out the obvious fact that most of what Bricktop says as well as your "visit claims" are just a tissue of lies by internet would be super heros ?

I suppose that pointing out that you and he are the "pathological liars" would damage your self esteem, so you get a pass.

I suppose it would be rude to expect Bricktop to answer direct questions ?

Much more rewarding to shout and scream, acting the fool and pretend to be "men" without any courage whatsoever.

When you identify this fearsome phantom "larry", drop me a PM with his contact info.

I'll be brave enough to contact him and get some questions to pass along to you about places and things you claim to have done and things you claim to know about him.

I suppose this is a waste of time but <<<<<<<<<<<

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
What's Roger got to say about all that...?

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny, and pathetic how lies spill so easily from your diseased lips Larry.
Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY knows that Twister is just the latest of your usernames contrived solely to thwart the express wishes of the site owner.
How you can continue to live with yourself is beyond comprehension.

DSM5 includes an entire chapter outlining your various psychoses. Interesting reading for insight into a irretrievably diseased mind.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Larry, why do you even try...

Not much longer til one of us gives the signal and you are again given the boot. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose that pointing out the obvious fact that most of what Bricktop says as well as your "visit claims" are just a tissue of lies by internet would be super heros ?

"Suppose" to your rotten hearts content, and tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night Sybil....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/FOsteology/Pinedale%20BIG%20Meet%202012/dsc00512.jpg[/img]

I suppose while you were in Pinedale you, like Bricktop, were shaking too hard to pick up a phone book and try calling this ghost that haunts your every moment ?

The only one shaking hard would be YOU Lawrence. No need for a phone book when I (and others) know exactly where you live.

You must have been out. Or barricaded in your closet or under the bed pissing yourself! LOL

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/FOsteology/Pinedale%20BIG%20Meet%202012/Casa.jpg[/img]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Larry, why do you even try...

Not much longer til one of us gives the signal and you are again given the boot. wink

I don't know why oldmantrannydouche bothers to lie and attempt to hide behind numerous screen names.... and pretend it's not him. Easily spotted. The old goat sticks out worse than a neon sign.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The root gets the boot once again laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by eh76
The root gets the boot once again laugh

For now...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to keep a POS with no honor nor respect away if he's determined to keep violating the wishes of the site owner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, boys thanks for the name and city. I suppose I'll give him a call and see why one, as you boys put it, old man can deserve so much hatred and attacks.

I'll be sure to let you know what he tells me about you folks and the "original" photographs.

Still you are begging the question that is: if one of you lives there and another (I assume) took a bunch of photos of the same town, why you didn't manage to hunt him down and administer severe punishment. Can you answer that ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Larry, what are you doing in AZ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, boys thanks for the name and city. I suppose I'll give him a call and see why one, as you boys put it, old man can deserve so much hatred and attacks.

I'll be sure to let you know what he tells me about you folks and the "original" photographs.

Still you are begging the question that is: if one of you lives there and another (I assume) took a bunch of photos of the same town, why you didn't manage to hunt him down and administer severe punishment. Can you answer that ?
You worthless piece of DOGSHIT, Larry, when is your bitch ass ever going to learn?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can you answer that ?

Where did anyone claim or intend to administer "severe punishment" Larry? Still grasping at your delusional and paranoid straws I see. Guess the barb-wire wasn't buzzing while we were in your backyard. Surprised we didn't have a Sheriff's car pass us by after knocking on your door. grin

Larry (that would be YOU "twister999"!) is a gutless yellow bellied coward and either doesn't answer his door, barricades himself within his closet (like Maser), hides under the bed pissing and crapping in his Depends, or skips town altogether.

Completely anti-social and suffers from a severe case of paranoid delusions.

Now, how about answering our questions?

Why do you find it necessary to continually circumvent Rick's wishes for you to be gone from his website by adding numerous screen names for the sole intent and purpose to TROLL a site where you are neither wanted nor offer ANYTHING of real use and value to the membership, and when confronted, LIE about it??

Can Will you answer that?

NO ONE is responsible for your user ID's being blocked or banned other than yourself. You got "Interthem" locked down tight, and "simivalley" was merge with your oldmandouche account, and "twister999" isn't far behind. These of course in addition to how many others over the past couple years??? (oldman1942, bosslady, framis, etc. etc. ect.)

The only losers in your little "War for the Site" are YOU and the membership that has to suffer your idiocy and paranoid delusions. I don't see any of the so called "Losers" and "Trolls" being limited to one post a day, or having their ID's locked. Do you????

The sooner you realize the problem lies within yourself, the sooner you can get a good nights sleep and stop obsessing over stupid sheit on the Internet...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry I cant answer your questions as I have yet to speak to the man.

It is plain to see that you folks are very upset with him but unable or unwilling to anything about it (except getting anyone tossed off the site you believe to be him)

Before I call him, could you provide me some examples of things he has done on the site to harm other members such as fraud, failing to pay for deals made, obscene or untrue comments about other members etc. ? I'm sure to create so much angst among you, he must have done some really terrible things to other members.

You mention his prior memberships being bundled into one user name. It would be helpful to know that so I could review his entries to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Could you provide that ?

I suppose I find it disturbing to be attacked by people I do not know and who do not know me with no reason given other than misidentification.

I'll pass along what I find out. Meanwhile let's all chill out a bit, okay ? It's too damned hot already outside.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
this reminds me of the episodes of cops where they pull a bag of cocaine from the pocket of some guy, he responds with it ain't mine. I don't know where that came from...

Larry, this is pathetic, stop the charade, no one is buying it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sir, what is "pathetic" is your assumption that you know to whom you are tapping out your insults with no means to prove it. I suppose, were we ever to meet, you would be enough of a gentleman to confess your error.

As for "buying it", I have only made a few simple requests that nobody seems to wish to answer. I suppose this gentleman you have such an erection over can answer the questions when I talk with him, but I just want to go into the conversation with some starting points.

I can only suppose my simple questions cannot be answered as there are no facts to back them up. On the many other websites I chat on, if a member has cheated another member or treated him like a churl, there is a clear trail of posts that may be verified. I suppose links to those topics and posts could be provided if you wished to. Attacking me serves neither your group nor I as I don't have a hound under the tree.

Thus far, all I have seen is the animosity shift over from Mr. Root to me. I have yet to see anything that may be substantiated as to what actions he has taken to so enrage you and cause such uncivil conversation.

Time to turn up the A/C and hit the hay. Good evening.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sir, what is "pathetic" is your assumption that you know to whom you are tapping out your insults with no means to prove it. I suppose, were we ever to meet, you would be enough of a gentleman to confess your error.

As for "buying it", I have only made a few simple requests that nobody seems to wish to answer. I suppose this gentleman you have such an erection over can answer the questions when I talk with him, but I just want to go into the conversation with some starting points.

I can only suppose my simple questions cannot be answered as there are no facts to back them up. On the many other websites I chat on, if a member has cheated another member or treated him like a churl, there is a clear trail of posts that may be verified. I suppose links to those topics and posts could be provided if you wished to. Attacking me serves neither your group nor I as I don't have a hound under the tree.

Thus far, all I have seen is the animosity shift over from Mr. Root to me. I have yet to see anything that may be substantiated as to what actions he has taken to so enrage you and cause such uncivil conversation.

Time to turn up the A/C and hit the hay. Good evening.
You're a turd, Larry, and we're plungers forcing your ass down the [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently Larry wishes to continue playing his absurd games and pretend (as per usual) that he's someone else....

Tell you what "twister999", your questions and demands for verification would be best served by directing them to the Owner of 24HourCampfire, Mr. Rick Bin.

Shoot him a PM (RickBin) or an e-mail (rickbin24hourcampfire.com) and if he's so inclined I'm positive he'll ensure you're squared away.

Of course everyone knows you'll refrain from approaching Rick. Instead, you'll see just how long you can continue this farce of pretending you're someone else.

No matter what you wish to call yourself (Duane, Roger, Karen, Brandy, etc.) you're still the same pathetic shell of man with a diseased and rotting brain fueled by paranoid delusions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was there not one, who offered to spank him?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Why do you find it necessary to continually circumvent Rick's wishes for you to be gone from his website by adding numerous screen names for the sole intent and purpose to TROLL a site where you are neither wanted nor offer ANYTHING of real use and value to the membership, and when confronted, LIE about it??"

I think the same could be said for quite a few of the participants in this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not one of the respondents to this thread, except for Larry, has ever been banned nor have they changed their usernames.

Are you saying you advocate or condone the practice of creating multiple usernames to circumvent the wishes of the owner of this site?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Not one of the respondents to this thread, except for Larry, has ever been banned nor have they changed their usernames."

And you know this how? Unless a person were connected to the software, or the owner allowed them access to the software, could anyone make that a true statement.

It just seems to me that a lot of people around here are talking as though they have a directive from the owner, or they are the owner in sheeps clothing. They claim to know everything there is to know. And they hold theirselves out to be so called "policemen" for the site.

Worse yet, they use no logic in their arguments that goes to truth. Its all opinion. There is never any hard evidence of anything, and most of the arguments are ad hominem.

And to answer your direct question, no I don't condone the practice of creating multiple usernames to circumvent the wishes of the owner of the site. But I do believe in fairness, and I do believe that all of the real evidence should be heard, and I don't think that any owner of any site could ever get all of the evidence they needed to make a rational decision about anyone who posts on their site. It is just too damn difficult to make a decision about anyone by judging the writings of a person on a site like this, or judging the opinions of everyone else about that person.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
22WRF,

Rick has made this a "self moderating" forum and chosen to maintain a hands off approach. As such, it causes the members to do the moderating and reveal the troublemakers.

Larry Root has proven himself, time and time again, to provide information that is incorrect, and could very well cause someone to get hurt.

He has lied about so many things, his credibility is nil.

He has been banned from this site numerous times by Rick, and keeps coming back under aliases, flaunting that very fact.

His writing style and use of certain terms very clearly identifies himself every time, so the "hard evidence" is there and is provided by Larry.

Given enough time, Larry will "out" himself with every new identity, and his only apparent reason for being here is to cause hate and discontent.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed

1. First of all, who is Larry Root? Has anyone here actually seen him. Do you know where he lives. I think that there really is a Larry Root, but from what I have seen I think that most people here have the wrong impression of who Larry Root really is.

2. "Self Moderating"!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I was addressing. If one person cannot get the truth on a forum, how can decisions be made from so called self moderators. From what you say, as a member I could then be a self moderator. And if I were one there would be a whole lot of people that I would prefer to kick off this site. But knowing better, knowing that I didn't have all of the facts, knowing that I suffer from the same human condition that everyone else does, I would know that it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do.

3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!!

4. Once again, I think everyone will be surprised when the real Larry Root is finally brought to light. And I am betting it won't be Twister999. We'll see. In the meantime, I am going to continue to enjoy the wonderful Gift that Mr. Binn has given to me in this site.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!!

as Ed said, he has provided dangerous info in the past that might get some newbie that doesnt know any better hurt.....near as we can figure the guy has a severe mental problem, ignoring him will not make him go away......he is in his 70's and gets off on [bleep] with people for entertainment......better off exposing the arsehole everytime he changes his name than some poor kid get hurt on our watch....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
what is this so called "dangerous information"?

Are you qualified as a mental health professional?

Have you all tried ignoring him?

How do you know he is in his 70's

"our watch"! Seems like there are only about 15 people who have a problem with the guy. Thats out of how many on this site?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems you have made a career out of trying to defend what he does.....near on a full 1/4 of your posts in the recent past have been trying to get us to leave Larry alone on threads in several forums.....guess you have a crush on the guy.....

Last edited by rattler; 07/02/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
22WRF,

If you want to learn about Larry Root, please feel free to start at the beginning and read through his posts. Of course that only scratches the surface and to truly get to know Mr. Root you would have had to exchange PM's with him. Since you have not had that privilege, or I would assume you haven't based on your defense of the indefensible, your position is weak.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/25094

I guess my question to you is if you don't know all these things that have happened over the last few years, why does it concern you so much? IOW what is YOUR motive?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Ed

1. First of all, who is Larry Root? He is a retired city employee from NY who now has homes in Pinedale,WY and Key West,Fl Has anyone here actually seen him.He has posted pictures of himself in various places on the internet and they are consistent Do you know where he lives.See above I think that there really is a Larry Root, but from what I have seen I think that most people here have the wrong impression of who Larry Root really is. I respectfully disagree. I think folks here have a VERY clear picture of who and what he is, based on his behavior.

2. "Self Moderating"!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I was addressing. If one person cannot get the truth on a forum, how can decisions be made from so called self moderators. From what you say, as a member I could then be a self moderator. And if I were one there would be a whole lot of people that I would prefer to kick off this site. But knowing better, knowing that I didn't have all of the facts, knowing that I suffer from the same human condition that everyone else does, I would know that it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do. While not defending all of the tactics and language used by other members towards Larry Root, there are not many options for members (plural since a single person other than RickBin does not have the ability to drive someone away)except to "out" them for what they are and call them accountable for their behavior.

3. Is it so much trouble to just ignore someone if you don't like them. Nope. If you don't like this guy you think is Larry Root, then don't read his posts. Don't respond to his posts. I don't. I have him on ignore, which also eliminates the random, obnoxious rants that he has sent. Pretty soon with nobody to talk to he might go away!!!!!!! But he doesn't go away, because he has an obsession with creating hate and discontent. But if you keep putting gasoline on the fire its never going to go out!!!! No argument there!

4. Once again, I think everyone will be surprised when the real Larry Root is finally brought to light. And I am betting it won't be Twister999. We'll see. In the meantime, I am going to continue to enjoy the wonderful Gift that Mr. Binn has given to me in this site.You and I both.

Best Regards,

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed nailed it on every single point.

I know Larry and Larry knows me. He has posted the supposed names of my father, brothers, sister, wife and children on this site.

He knows my address and has gone so far as to look it up on Google Earth.

He has made innumerable and easily discredited lies here and elsewhere.

He has denied sending me threatening emails when I have the emails he sent directly in front of me.

He has falsely credited me with orchestrating some sort of attack on him and has called Rick Bin my lapdog and much worse.

He has lied by pretending to be two other people and attacked me personally when I gave an honest review of a product I bought from him.

Larry has forfeited all his credibility, respect, and honor and he has earned my reproach.

If you, 22WRF, wish to see the complete story of Larry most of his many usernames have been consolidated under his original handle of Oldman1942.

Read it and weep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nsaqam

Well, I will have to agree with you on one thing, and that is the excellent quality of Ed's response to one of my previous posts here. He was respectful while still forcefully attempting to get his point across. He doesn't use ad hominem argument designed to put down the other person. And he makes some very good points.

So that brings me to this question.

"I guess my question to you is if you don't know all these things that have happened over the last few years, why does it concern you so much? IOW what is YOUR motive?"

My motive is, and always will be the truth. I am not saying that anyone here is deliberately lying about "Larry Root". But I am saying that I have read quite a bit of this whole saga, and about 95 percent of it is opinion (i.e. isn't supported by any hard evidence.)

I don't see this man as having an obsession with creating hate and discontent. Rather, I see him as a man who is responding in kind.

This kind of thing happens over and over and over here. A person advances his or her opinion on an issue. Here it started as Ruger # 1 triggers. Other people disagreed with the opinion. But instead of just saying they disagreed with the opinon and why they disagreed, some attacked like a bunch of sharks in a bloodmobile. And from then on it was response in kind!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then you aren't looking very hard and you surely don't have the PM's and emails many of us have gotten from him.

The ones which piss me off the most are the many disparaging comments he's made about Rick Bin and this entire site in general.
Yet he ardently desires to be here, in a place he calls Rick's dung hole.
Does that sound like a reasonable man to you?

Go to Amazon and do a search for Wildcat Cartridges by Fred Zeglin and read the comments. Then get back to me with your thoughts on his behavior.

You'll likely have an excuse for him then too but that in itself will be illuminating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, you apparently have no problem with Larry posting the names addresses and ages of my extended family.
I've never thought about doing that to him.

Your stance on this issue is hard to understand.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Quite simply put, you do not have the facts, and I nor anyone else is going present them to you to appease your curiosity.

I believe I have seen you post many times that if you don't like what someone posts don't read it. That would apply to you as well, as far as Larry is concerned, we do not have that option, he is constantly here under a new user name and a quickly as he can be ignored under that name he is using another.

The facts are there for all to see if they care to read, Twister999 IS Larry Root.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Yet he ardently desires to be here, in a place he calls Rick's
dung hole.
Does that sound like a reasonable man to you?"

Once again, an assumption. Maybe not that he calls the place Rick's Dung Hole, but WHY he may call it that. He may call it Rick's Dung Hole because he doesn't like all of the people here who constantly attack him. I don't know that, but its just as plausible as any other explanation.

"Quite simply put, you do not have the facts, and I nor anyone else is going present them to you to appease your curiosity."

Another interesting thing that goes on here far too much. And that is everyone talking for everyone else. People talking for Rick, and people talking for this guy, and people talking for that guy. How do you know nobody else is going to present them to me or appease my curiosity? I think far too many people put a lot of words in other people's mouths around here, and that is how these things get going to the point where they are now. Kind of like politicians!!!

"I believe I have seen you post many times that if you don't like what someone posts don't read it."

I happen to like everybody's posts. I might not agree with them, but I enjoy hearing other people's opinions.

Nsaqam

I do agree. I don't think its proper to post the names of relatives or extended family here on 24 hour. But I also think that when something happens in life that you absolutely cannot change it isn't worth a heart attack or a stroke to sit there and worry about it for years to come.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Golly gee dogphuck, and not butting in but, 22WRF, would you happen to be a criminal defense attorney?

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kevin (22WRF) is (or was) a barrister, so perhaps oldman Larry has retained his services? grin

It would certainly help to explain his defense of the indefensible. That, or birds of a feather...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kevin (22WRF) is (or was) a barrister, so perhaps oldman Larry has retained his services? grin

It would certainly help to explain his defense of the indefensible. That, or birds of a feather...
That figures. My wife's idiot sister got a law degree, which pretty well led me to the conclusion that they just give those things away. And like the idiot sister-in-law, Kevin also lacks enough sense to pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Holy flyin' squirrels nutsack shocked that explains it perfectly sick

Thanks Fost.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Today I was able to reach Larry (without even being in Pinedale.) We had a long conversation that covered all the topics quite well. I've tried to organize this post into segments to make it simple. So here goes:

The Beginning:

The attacks on Larry by a very few members lead by NSAQAM, began when Larry posted some guns for sale on the site. Among the terms he offered was lay-a-way, a time honored method of buying items started by JC Penny. It is still available in many businesses both brick and mortar and electronic. This provoked an attack by the 10 or so "regulators" of the site saying he could not do that and it violated site rules. They had no authority to decide what should be and a careful reading of site rules revealed no violation. One of these "men" even agreed to purchase a rifle and sent counterfeit money as a payment. That event, years ago, was the genesis of the attacks, engineered banning and outright lies that continue until today.

That leads us to the serial lies topic:

Although not alone, the boy who claims to be employed by OU as well as black is by far the worst. His outright lies as well as obscene way of dealing with almost everyone makes him special. AS with the rest of the gang he hides his identity but then makes the error of posting a photo of himself that shows a callow youth, hardly a threat to anyone. Among his catalog of lies the two whoppers are "Larry steals photos of guns and claims they are his." This thread provides an excellent example of how he interacts with others:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6328335/1
He was made a large bet that the guns were in fact Larry's and could be easily proven so by any number of ways. Realizing he had trapped himself along came whopper number two. He and "the gang" were coming to Pinedale to flush Larry out and prove he did not own the guns. The fact that they all knew beyond any reasonable doubt that Larry was in Florida at the time, didn't get through.
Bricktop then embarked on his journey to Pinedale but made the slight error (called out by Cole Younger) of using photographs taken at the wrong season of the year and, in some cases, at the wrong place. The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.
Nobody was there and Bricktop never came anywhere near Pinedale.
Along the way in this soap opera a $10,000 bet was placed on the reality of Larry owning the guns that was welched on by Bricktop. Next the gang was coming to Pinedale this summer to have a "Campfire" and, at first, stake out Larry's house. They even claimed to be renting a block of rooms at our Best Western. Another lie easily checked and invalidated. Once they realized staking out someone's house was not a bright idea it and then the whole Campfire vanished is a puff of smoke.

The big Pinedale visit:

A close third on the "I hate Larry" list is the gentleman from Texas FOsteology who claims to have just been in Pinedale but for some unknown reason was unable to pick up a phone book and arrange a "cuppa" at the Wrangler. The reason for that failure is he was not there at all in 2012. The photos he posted to prove his visit have a big "oops" factor. I'll limit the facts to three that Larry linked me to.

First is Larry's house. Take a look at the roof. The California shake roof shown by FOsty was replaced two years ago (remember two years) with fireproof fiberglass shingles.

[Linked Image]

Then we move along to the Pinedale road sign. Note that Fosty's says "17 "years a tree city, oops it's really 19.

[Linked Image]

Then we have the Cowboy Bar. The exterior shown in Fosty's picture was replaced almost two years ago and now looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Now I'll show you about Larry's service record. While some of these "men" may have served, it is safe to say you don't get your name on a rather fancy memorial to those who served, if you did not.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There were a lot more out right lies along the way like Fosty talking to people at Larry's gun club (tough to do when you are not here), the other liar who claimed to have talked to the President of the gun club who denied any conversation when asked by Larry, the fellow who "knew people in Rochester NY" (Larry's hometown) and was "gonna check him out". Nothing was heard on that. The misuse by those who never had any connection to it of the PA 28th division shoulder patch, in which Larry's father served as a highly decorated company commander.

To wrap it up, Larry seemed like a reasonable guy, faintily amused by all the attention from a small group of "men" too scared to follow through on all their threats, caught in lie after lie, making wild allegations with no proof and screwing up what is a pretty good site to buy, sell, swap and pass along some facts/opinions IF you can avoid becoming a target of this tiny group that have convinced themselves they own the site.

We talked about the other sites he was on that had actual monitors who would never tolerate these obscene orchestrated attacks based on nothing but envy, hatred and jelousy. He explained to me how the computer experts who are members of the gun clubs (3 in the area) have frustrated the "men" at every turn making their nasty way of life meaningless to anyone who wants to use the site as an adult.

The final plus in my book was an open invitation to put in for a Wyoming Antelope tag and be hosted by Larry at his home. Since he lives right on the main Antelope migration route in the state with the most Antelope, that would be an exciting hunt. He said a "bad day" was when you didn't see 500 with 50 shootable bucks.

Alongtime friend of his from USAF days bagged this nice buck last year.

[Linked Image]

I suppose that wraps it up. I'll let the reader decide just what a terrible threat this nice senior is to the fabric of the Campfire. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That figures. My wife's idiot sister got a law degree, which pretty well led me to the conclusion that they just give those things away. And like the idiot sister-in-law, Kevin also lacks enough sense to pour piss out of a boot without the instructions written on the heel.

Law degrees don't do anything for you. I agree, they used to give them away. When I got mine it only cost about $45,000.00, but I understand now that at some places its costing almost $100,000.00 or more.

I love it when people use ad hominem arguments against lawyers. The best place to hear it is of course in the courtroom because the judges will tell the person using ad hominem to shut up real quick. But I like hearing it here as well because its so classic to the definition of ad hominem. A centuries old tactic. If your not smart enought to say something relevant to the real subject at hand, atttack your opponents person, hoping you might get away with it. There are those of course who will agree with the ad hominem argument, thereby putting them in the same class as the person who made the argument in the first place. But most intelligent people see it for what it is and just laugh to theirself.

What is even more funny is when you run into someone whom you have heard put down lawyers just like here, and then later when they needed a lawyer the lawyer they hired was the greatest person on earth, even if the guy they were representing was a scumbag!!! Or to put it another way, it all depends on what side you are on!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bwaahaaaaaaa! Larry you're so full of it!

You seem to forget Larry that I was one of the only people defending your actions in the infamous layaway thread.

Would you like me to post that thread?

You may remember Larry that we talked about your friends in the Keys and how you often went to the opera because you and your wife enjoyed it.

You then blew any friendship I may have had with you by including me, the only guy defending you, in a ranting and nonsensical PM.

As well as all the numerous lies, falsehoods, multiple identities, outright threats to me after inviting me to Pinedale, and your posting of my extended families supposed names, addresses and ages.

Not to mention your whining emails to me after I purchased from you a copy of a book you were selling. You know Larry, the ones where you call this place Rick's dung hole and call him a spineless turd.

You're not fooling anyone but 22WRF here Larry

What a pathetic little "man" you are Larry.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
sick

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry is anything if not predictable!

Keep spinning your yarns as only you can Larry. And while you're at it, how about regaling us again with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Even more so since your DD214 didn't reflect ANY of those tall tales!

You were NOT a fighter pilot (nor any other type)
NO sniper action nor association
NO combat service
NO reflection of these so called qualifications with FOUR weapons
NO mention of these LR matches you supposedly won....

You were just a communications nerd assigned to the Autodin switch in Korat.

Wasn't enough to be truthful for once in your pathetic excuse for a life and just say you served honorably. You had to weave a fantastical tale of heroism in an attempt to impress others, and bolster your flagging ego.

You're a sad pathetic little shell of a man....

Who's "twister999" today? The old geriatric [bleep] or the ole [bleep] with hot flashes suffering menopause? Or perhaps your boyfriend Duane or Roger? Maybe your dog Brandy?? LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.

1st off, there was no snow in Pinedale that weekend. The pics shown by Bricktop were a bit suspective though, as they looked to be from summer months. I didn't get into that whole episode, so I may be missing something.

Anyhow why say "our" in the words below? You are giving yourself away in that unmistakable "Larry Root" Style.
Along the way in this soap opera a $10,000 bet was placed on the reality of Larry owning the guns that was welched on by Bricktop. Next the gang was coming to Pinedale this summer to have a "Campfire" and, at first, stake out Larry's house. They even claimed to be renting a block of rooms at our Best Western. Another lie easily checked and invalidated. Once they realized staking out someone's house was not a bright idea it and then the whole Campfire vanished is a puff of smoke.

Lastly, the veteran's memorial memorial pic means nothing. My name is on the memorial in Stevensville Montana and I was just an arty FO doing double duty as a common grunt. I did what I had to do: nothing more. You're making it sound like the only way to get your name on a city's plaque is to really do all those heroic deeds in Vietnam you claim to have done. You as a comm nerd (a respectable and critical MOS) have every right to have your name on that plaque as Gunny Hancock himself.

I also talked to senior members of Pinedale's gun club, and they said they had met you once, but didn't really know you. Nobody in town seemed to know who you are either. I only asked a few random people, but figured if you were as much of a town celebrity as you say you are, someone would have known who you were.
Get a life dude.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the past when I was representing a lot of clients, (mostly poor and disadvantaged women with no money and many mouths to feed) they would come in and start telling me, "he makes me so damn mad", or, "he made me do this", or he made me do that", or whatever.

And although it usually took awhile I was able to convince the smart ones to understand that nobody does anything to you. Nobody makes you mad and nobody makes you sad. Nobody hurts your feelings and nobody causes you to have any feelings.

I used to say that I didn't see a plug in on their head that allowed their husbands or boyfriends to plug into them to control their mind.

Rather, if they were smart they finally realized that all of those things are things that you allow yourself to do or feel, and if you sit around and choose to wallow in them thats your business, but don't blame anyone else for it.

Nobody makes you anything. You allow yourself to react to other people, and if you know yourself well enough you can control those reactions and feelings.

So again, Larry Root is a guy who wanted to and continues to want to participate here. And everytime he does he is attacked like ants on sugar. And of course, to his discredit he allows himself to react and strike back.

All of this "stuff" about Pinedale, and Ruger # 1 guns, and lay a ways, and who served where and what, are trivial minor details that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

I say why can't we all just get along together. Its easy. All you have to do is tell yourself you want to do it, and then do it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
The traffic cam at the end of Larry's dead end road never showed Bricktop's arrival nor was his determination that Larry was hiding in the house born out by any footprints or tracks in the snow.

1st off, there was no snow in Pinedale that weekend. The pics shown by Bricktop were a bit suspective though, as they looked to be from summer months. I didn't get into that whole episode, so I may be missing something.

Anyhow why say "our" in the words below? You are giving yourself away in that unmistakable "Larry Root" Style.

Lastly, the veteran's memorial memorial pic means nothing. My name is on the memorial in Stevensville Montana and I was just an arty FO doing double duty as a common grunt. I did what I had to do: nothing more. You're making it sound like the only way to get your name on a city's plaque is to really do all those heroic deeds in Vietnam you claim to have done. You as a comm nerd (a respectable and critical MOS) have every right to have your name on that plaque as Gunny Hancock himself.

I also talked to senior members of Pinedale's gun club, and they said they had met you once, but didn't really know you. Nobody in town seemed to know who you are either. I only asked a few random people, but figured if you were as much of a town celebrity as you say you are, someone would have known who you were.
Get a life dude.

If nothing else Larry does seem to be trying a lot harder to hide his identity, where as in the past he would own up to being him and go in to rant mode, now, it appears, Larry is finally ashamed of being Larry. Trying desperately to be someone else... it really is... well desperate.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
In the past when I was representing a lot of clients, (mostly poor and disadvantaged women with no money and many mouths to feed) they would come in and start telling me, "he makes me so damn mad", or, "he made me do this", or he made me do that", or whatever.

And although it usually took awhile I was able to convince the smart ones to understand that nobody does anything to you. Nobody makes you mad and nobody makes you sad. Nobody hurts your feelings and nobody causes you to have any feelings.

I used to say that I didn't see a plug in on their head that allowed their husbands or boyfriends to plug into them to control their mind.

Rather, if they were smart they finally realized that all of those things are things that you allow yourself to do or feel, and if you sit around and choose to wallow in them thats your business, but don't blame anyone else for it.

Nobody makes you anything. You allow yourself to react to other people, and if you know yourself well enough you can control those reactions and feelings.

So again, Larry Root is a guy who wanted to and continues to want to participate here. And everytime he does he is attacked like ants on sugar. And of course, to his discredit he allows himself to react and strike back.

All of this "stuff" about Pinedale, and Ruger # 1 guns, and lay a ways, and who served where and what, are trivial minor details that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

I say why can't we all just get along together. Its easy. All you have to do is tell yourself you want to do it, and then do it.

Well, counselor, I guess you missed the part about Mr. Root passing on bad information that a novice firearms user might injure himself or others.

Also missed, or ignored, is the fact that Mr. Root HAS been officially banned by the owner of this site for conduct so egregious that it merited THAT punishment. As you noted, a tremendous amount of character assassination takes place here without parties being banned, yet Mr. Root has repeatedly been given the boot by the site's owner for his behavior.

Yes, we could all get along, but Mr. Root is like a turd in a punchbowl. It is not only obnoxious to see and smell, it could be potentially harmful if ingested. Those of us who have been around here for a while know him for what he is and do not believe anything he says for he has no credibility.
Those who might be new to this firearms game don't have the perspective some of us do and might well suffer the consequences.

Most of us do not engage Mr. Root in conversation of any type. Those whom he has greatly offended or caused harm to have reason to drive him away. Banishment is a long tried method of controlling bad behavior.

We don't need to offer you any "hard evidence" for this is not a court of law, and you actually have no standing unless you really are representing Mr. Root for some action. You have been offered the complete list of Mr. Root's posts, minus the PM's of course, so you can read through them at your leisure and discover why he is treated the way he is.

What you appear to be, and this is not an "ad hominem" attack, but an observation, is someone who mistakenly believes that everyone has a right to be here, say what they like, regardless of the consequences, and no one should say bad things or try to eliminate a problem.

Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?

Just thoughts.

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least this time he's not pretending to be his wife Karen, or his dog Brandy! crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed nails it again!

Bravo!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That just means he has another voice in his head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?"

It may be correct that Mr. Root is a trespasser, but it would be for the owner of the site to prosecute that tort. I fail to see why so many people are so darn worried about Mr. Bin. He seems to be fully capable of taking care of himself.

And so, since this is Mr. Bin's site, I have to wonder about everyone elses true motive because as been so aptly pointed out, there are really only two people who have any real relevance to the whole thing.

There is no higher motive than truth, and of course the motives of your faith if you have one.

I could choose to ignore this. But as I have stated, I enjoy hearing everyone's opinion. I could ask the same of you, which I previously have. I have suggested that everyone ignore it and then perhaps Mr. Root will have no occasion to continue either.

If I sound more like a teenager than an adult that makes me happy. When you get as old as I am its nice to hear those kinds of comments. I only wished I looked like one and my body worked like one as well!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Three factors in assigning punishment, counselor, one of which is community condemnation.

The community condemns Mr. Root for his behavior and his lack of respect for the wishes of Mr. Bin. One does not have to be party to the tort to voice condemnation, nor stand by idly while the tort continues. Would you not defend a friend's interests?

Again, Mr. Root has seen fit over and over to create discord, which would belie an innocent motive of simply wanting to join in. He has made his bed.

There is a WORLD of difference between "child-like" with it's connotation of innocence and youthful energy, and "childish".

I wish you well, sir. I, too, would have my young adult body back, but it is not to be.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Larry/twister remember this thread?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._WTS_Remington_700_Custom_40#Post3848034

I alone defended you (WTF was I thinking) in this thread and took heat for it yet you claim that I became your sworn enemy because of this very thread.

Confused much Oldman?

No Larry, you and you alone brought on the ire of the membership here through your nonsensical crap, your continual lying, your veiled threats and your nasty PM's.

You reap what you sow.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
"Mr. Root is a problem. His very presence here constitutes trespass. For you to defend his presence here raises more questions about your true motive. Saying it is because you want "the truth" when you have no dog in this fight sounds more like a teenager than an adult. Why seek the truth in this matter? What does it matter to you? Why can't you just ignore this dispute, since it obviously doesn't affect you?"

It may be correct that Mr. Root is a trespasser, but it would be for the owner of the site to prosecute that tort. I fail to see why so many people are so darn worried about Mr. Bin. He seems to be fully capable of taking care of himself.

And so, since this is Mr. Bin's site, I have to wonder about everyone elses true motive because as been so aptly pointed out, there are really only two people who have any real relevance to the whole thing.

There is no higher motive than truth, and of course the motives of your faith if you have one.

I could choose to ignore this. But as I have stated, I enjoy hearing everyone's opinion. I could ask the same of you, which I previously have. I have suggested that everyone ignore it and then perhaps Mr. Root will have no occasion to continue either.

If I sound more like a teenager than an adult that makes me happy. When you get as old as I am its nice to hear those kinds of comments. I only wished I looked like one and my body worked like one as well!

Doesn't an officer of the court, a counselor, have a sworn duty to uphold the law, to not aid and abet those who take liberties with such? Larry Root is a trespasser, in a place where he is forbidden, using deceit and fake identities to circumvent the order of the owner.

Speaking of "truth", how do you justify your position, defending fraud and unauthorized trespass? If you're his attorney and are representing him, then declare such. If these are YOUR opinions, then that's an entirely different scenario.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose I should have expected the responses given by the TINY number of members who believe they are the site owners.

I reported the facts including the numerous documented lies, especially those of Bricktop and Fosty. None were refuted, The Bricktop trip was a lie, (and yes there was snow out where Mr. Root lives), the photos were all lies, (Bricktop's and Fosty's), the claims of non-ownership of guns were lies, the big Pinedale Campfire was a lie, The booking of rooms at "OUR" (that was quote, you idiot) Best Western was a lie, the claim of talking to gun club members (the liar cannot even identify which gun club and whom he spoke with) was a lie, The "checking out of Mr. Root in Rochester NY was a lie, the misrepresentation of Mr. Root's USAF service was a lie, the claim that any of you hold Mr. Root's DD 214 is a lie (he explained to me how one obtains one's own), the representaion that any of you have anything to do with the 28th division is a lie and dishonors those who served and sacrificed.
Mr. Root also told me this dishonoring of the 28th Div (PANG) which served in the recent Middle east wars, has been reported to the 28th. I imagine that if any of the liars using the division patch would NOT want to meet up with real 28th men and women who stood in the face of death.

I suppose I would say what is happening is that a very small group of site members are engaging in a continuing pattern of deceit to use Obama like attacks to destroy another members (and so I am told many before him as well) where the focus of the slander has nothing to do with verified facts rather just an (as 22 WRF points out) argumentum ad hominum. It is also noteworthy that these "men" play at being tough guys but are scared to reveal who they are or where they live (or lie about it as none live in Pinedale.) Mr. Root also commented to me that it reminded him of being back in grade school where there were always a few playground bully boys who were real tough until confronted face to face and "handled". It's dead on as these "men" are acting the same way regardless of their age.

Clearly, the thread is only being followed by the "gang", 22 WRF and me. The mature serious site members are avoiding it, as well as most posts from the gang, like the plague.

In any case with God's help, I'll be on a free guided Antelope hunt in Wyoming, while the tiny group of nasty "men" will be chasing around the site trying to find Mr. Root to continue their immature posting, lies and frankly silly behavior.

The facts are clear for anyone of normal intelligence and an open mind.
Until any of the lies can be documented with verified information, they remain what they are, lies by bitter little men, not worthy of further discussion.

Last edited by twister999; 07/03/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read the link I post and see if Larry/you lied about me.

As usual when Larry/you are confronted with facts you just ignore them.

I'll gladly post the emails Larry/you sent to me where he threatens me with the Castle Doctrine and his dogs. After inviting me to Pinedale himself.

I'll gladly post the thread where Larry/you gave the names and addresses of my extended family.

What Larry/you cannot do is post a single shred of evidence showing that I ever threatened him in any way.

Ignore the facts Larry, that's what you do.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Man, you sure do have a lot of intimate, detailed knowledge about "Mr. Root" to not BE ole Larry, himself...

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NSAQAM, you can make up anything you wish or publish what you believe to be true. I cannot address YOUR claims, perhaps if you wish to discuss them you should contact Mr. Root directly ? I don't think he ever gathered a group of people and announced that the gang was coming to any of your homes to attempt to intimidate you. Right ? (Of course not, because none have you revealed where you hide out, (Unlike Bricktop who published over and over BOTH Mr. Root's WY & FL home addresses and phone numbers)(He also made threatening calls to Mr. Root in Fl which are recorded and have a police case file open on them) I really left out a lot of information I have in the interest of brevity.

You will note that in my narrative I didn't get into the death threats by one current and one ex member who are not active members of the gang.

Neither you nor the other gang members have been able to refute any of the proven lies. You just want to change the subject. I'm sure 22 WRF could tell you why that is not allowed in a courtroom.

The facts are the gang lies and you are not and never have been nor had anything to do with the 28th Division. So why are YOU being a liar about it ? What is the reason.
Answer the direct question, don't change the subject.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Uncle Dick served in the 28th.

That is just as much justification as you had for displaying it when you were in your Intertherm guise.

The fact that it pisses you off merely gladdens my heart.

I am right now contacting Mr. Root directly because you are he. Of that there can be no doubt.

And I don't have to make up anything because everything I posted above is true. I'm not the one who did all those things you are Larry. And you know it!
You'll never admit it even when presented with the actual details because you are nothing more than a habitual liar, thief, braggart, and cheat.
You are pathetic in the extreme and deserve every bit of scorn heaped upon you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, I'd love to meet any member of the 28th. I'd buy them a drink and ask them to record an oral history.

Please put them in touch with me.

My telephone number is, (218) 628-0543 and as you know Larry my name is Ken.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NSAQAM, probably just another lie. Send me you "uncle's" name, dates of service, rank, MOS, unit designation, service number and I'll pass it along to Mr. Root whose friend, the unit historian will check it out.

Funny how you had NO interest in the 28th until it became yet another way to attempt to intimidate Mr. Root. He told me about your illustrious Navy service and what your former C.O. had to say about you "enhancing" your importance. Another interesting tidbit left out of the narrative post.

The more you post, the more clear it becomes that Mr. Root and 22WRF have you and your gang pretty well pegged.

The best part is that you and the gang can pursue your empty threats until the end of time and it will have about as much effect as pizzing off the Golden Gate bridge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose the inbred idiot from Cajun Pawn Stars has attached himself to you unless he otherwise busy at family reunions trying to score a date.

I suppose I have to compliment you on assembling a group that represent the worst of the worst on the site as your mouthpieces.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deny any culpability and lie about what you've done and said.

That's what you do best Larry.

A pathetic pseudo man is all you are and all you ever will be.

If you're not Larry (and I know you are) then ask him to refute even one bit of what I posted about his postings and emails. If he says they didn't happen then he's lying to you too.

You won't have to go far to contact him though as he's one of the demons residing in your diseased head.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won't be long until your twister999 handle is rolled into your original handle of Oldman1942.

They always are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I find it amusing that Larry wishes to continue this farce of pretending to be someone else.

Especially so when "Interthem", "simivalley", and now "twister999" have utilized the same IP address 173.245.64.83

Larry has bragged on the open Forum, as well in PM that he has a son that is in IT, and he can spoof his IP, or connect through a proxy server through his son's IT company in California.

Keep spinning oldmantrannydouche. The humor you provide (unintentionally no doubt) is priceless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You want really funny google that I.P. address and see how many websites have banned it for hacking, trolling, etc.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
You want really funny google that I.P. address and see how many websites have banned it for hacking, trolling, etc.

You mean, ole Larry's got a "rap sheet"?

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"The community condemns Mr. Root for his behavior and his lack of respect for the wishes of Mr. Bin."

The community? How many folks are on this site? How many are here on this thread? It appears to me that a few people who seem to be very well acquanited with each other have decided to make this whole thing an issue.

It also seems to me, based on evidence I have, that Mr. Bin pretty much allows, as many have said, "community policing". So, as I have eluded to before, if a bunch of folks get together and don't like the way somebody posts they can "community police" the guy right off the site by just contacting the owner and saying throw the guy out. Pretty damn subjective to me, but it appears that is what happened here.

What exactly has Larry Root done. Maybe offended some folks. But then folks have offended other folks as well. What else has he done. Called people on the carpet for things he thought weren't true. But then folks have called people on the carpet for things they thought weren't true either.

Once again, from all that I have read, there may be a Larry Root, but from the responses I have seen Larry Root is different guys because the way his repy posts are written one can tell that they are not written by the same guy.

So people are chasing ghosts. If he is left alone he will leave you alone.

By the way Ed, you don't get to say this is not an ad hominem attack and then make one anyway. What I do for work has no more relevance here that what you do for work.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
When oldman1942 he proved himself worthy of "ignore" I adjusted my settings accordingly. Since then he has had things to say that seemed to be a worthwhile contribution and I haven't ignored his latter iterations.

It does seem pretty clear that he revisits the place with different user names though. It seems a bit ludicrous to think that this guy isn't him, but the whole thing... both sides I mean... seem ludicrous to me.

I guess we all do with our time what we will. I've never understood this online hunt nor the idea of continually revisiting under a new screen name a place where you've been ejected, but hey whatever.

What does this all have to do with single shots again?

Just sayin'.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"What does this all have to do with single shots again?

Just sayin'."

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So people are chasing ghosts. If he is left alone he will leave you alone.

tried that, completely ignored him and any posts involving him for about 6 weeks than out of the blue he pms me on a rant fit for someone in a padded room that truly i could no make heads or tails of......the man is mentally ill and for someone that keeps showing up on threads with him the fact that you cannot see this really brings your mental abilities into doubt....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The sheer lunacy and mind boggling incoherent rants that escapes from Larry's trembling fingers upon his keyboard is insane and so far fetched and of such volume, that he can't even begin to remember half the stupid crap he's posted. crazy

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Kevin,

I think I have you pegged now. You are just another attention whore. One who is now on ignore.

Ed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poor old Fosty, he get nailed to the wall on his faked photographs of his phantom visit to Pinedale, just like the other liar Bricktop and all he can do is come up with some SWAG IP address in Amite, Louisiana that he claims "the ghost" is using. DUH, by his own admission person of whom they are so scared lives in FL and WY. Guess he made a special side trip(s) to LA to post here. That is so funny it needs no amplification! All he can do is send "hit and run" PMs. Never figured that I or Mr. Root were that frightening.

It has become clear as glass that this TINY group of prepubescent boys cannot address the truth when it hits them right between the eyes.

They do what every habitual liar does, trying to change the topic at hand or attacking the person from who they have heard the ugly truth.

NSAQAM slipped up again, bragging how he will get me now banned. Guess we know who Mr. Bin answers to. Problem is "Ken" that in our long conversation, Mr. Root turned me on to some friends who know how to be on the site whenever and where ever, so enjoy your momentary "victory" (that no one except you cares about).
As with other former members he has had banned because they failed to kowtow to him, he can add Twister to his coup stick. Problem is that you will have abused another member whom has done nothing to merit banning. He will, as many of the others you have banned are/will be back on the site and your gang has no idea whom they are. You keep chasing your tails for no intelligent reason other than a real problem with "domination or else".

WRF has the simple solution: just ignore the ghost. After reading 100s of bundled posts based on the names you provided, I was hard put to find any example where he used threats of violence, intimidation, lies beyond count or the most foul mouthed rants ever seen on any site I have visited. You "boys" on the other hand do it all the time. I found the "ghost(s) buying a lot of items from both vendors and other members, providing accurate information on numerous subjects and generally trying to assist rather than run down other members (which is your stock in trade).

Funny how anyone who has any facts or opinions that run counter to the "gangs" vast knowledge are called all sorts of name that would never happen in person.

They proudly wear the badge of the Internet coward: Talk big with no facts and never be willing to back up what you say with action. (Bricktop's $10,000 welched on bet being the best example to date)

The gang through NSAQAM's manipulation of banning people may be able to annoy others (briefly) but he and the gang do not control the site. Most members just have tuned them out and are going about their business affected about as much as a Brown Bear by a "skeeter".

They were faced with the hard facts and truth about their conduct. They just couldn't handle it and like any despot can only react by trying to destroy the enemies list. Worked well for Nixon, there may be a lesson there.

What they just dont get is that there is now a whole subculture on the site operating by PMs, emails or activity on sites run by adults. Mr. Root told me about his and his friends numerous purchases, sales and swaps on the site which are totally unknown by the gang. The adults on the site are in a big room and the gang is in another one that is soundproofed and locked from the outside.

Keep at it. In my short tenure here I have certainly had an education that might lead one to believe that there are quite a few people who should not be armed, rather in a special care facility.

Enjoy you "special place", most of us have real lives.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Larry, when your multiple user names post pictures think about it. Rocketcity1 wink

You happen to have the same pictures of rifles that Oldman 1942 has posted before in your photobucket account.

http://s1186.photobucket.com/profile/rocketcity1/uploads?start=60

Nice buck by the way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Absolutely get a kick out you continuing this charade Larry!

Poor pathetic geriatric troll thinks if he says it often enough, and believes it himself, everyone will believe his lies of being anyone other than Lawrence Ellis Root.

You're IP currently is 173.245.64.54, and anyone with the technical savvy will know the IP (this and previous) originates in Southern Kalifornia. Doesn't your son work for an IT company in Southern California?? wink

But you keep pretending.

Be sure and yank that chin strap extra tight on your padded helmet before you lay down for your afternoon nap. Don't want you hurting yourself when you start dreaming your delusional dreams.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is my IP Fosteology?

I believe mine pings from Stockton, California. Which is close to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Winnie, as was said a l-o-n-g time ago by Mr. Root, ALL the members in his club use the SAME photobucket account. So your "point" is as dull as Fosty's ability to post up to date photos, plus your "link" is blank....

As for Fosty, you might not know it but this site is housed in Southern CA, get it ?

Just keep changing the focus off the habitual liars that make up the "gang" and have been nailed to the wall.

It may sell to your fellows but, you lie, bricktop lies and some others do too.
Hundred, perhaps thousands of members know it. I see no way out for you, so I guess you'll just keep piling more BS on the pile.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Larry,

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Winnie, as was said a l-o-n-g time ago by Mr. Root, ALL the members in his club use the SAME photobucket account. So your "point" is as dull as Fosty's ability to post up to date photos.

As for Fosty, you might not know it but this site is housed in Southern CA, get it ?

Just keep changing the focus off the habitual liars that make up the "gang" and have been nailed to the wall.

It may sell to your fellows but, you lie, bricktop lies and some others do too.
Hundred, perhaps thousands of members know it. I see no way out for you, so I guess you'll just keep piling more BS on the pile.

By club I am guessing you mean insane asylum for homosexuals?

But really, sharing one account sounds gay.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh well, as usual the liars are defended by their fellow liars. I can see them all shouting "Heil Obabma" this fall.

No need to dwell more on the truth, it's out there and the gang are a bunch of cowards.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh well, as usual the liars are defended by their fellow liars. I can see them all shouting "Heil Obabma" this fall.

No need to dwell more on the truth, it's out there and the gang are a bunch of cowards.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're pathetic and predictable Larry!

Same IP address utilized by "Interthem", "simivalley", and now "twister999".... yet ironically you expect people to believe you're NOT Larry? Or not one of his boyfriends (Roger and Duane)?? Yeah....ok! LOL

How about regaling us again with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Absolutely riveting and fascinating tales! You tell it so well! Did you convince yourself?? grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]

I love that one, got it saved as well grin

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Twister, I believe I would like to call Mr. Root and get to the bottom of these shenanigans!

This Ingwe guy is simply out of line, and that Winnie kid......

Shameful bullies!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your charade is crumbling around your ears Larry!

The only ones believing your lies are yourself, the countless voices in your diseased cranium, and perhaps your barrister 22WRF.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Twister (Larry), how did you go from not knowing who this Larry guy is, to being in his club and sharing photobucket accounts. You supposedly made contact with him, via phone, for the first time ever yesterday.

Would love to hear how you packed up your schit and moved from AZ to WY in less than 24hours and still had time to post here.

...IOW nice try liar.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dats a click and save Winnie!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Today I was able to reach Larry (without even being in Pinedale.) We had a long conversation that covered all the topics quite well. I've tried to organize this post into segments to make it simple. So here goes:

Winnie, as was said a l-o-n-g time ago by Mr. Root, ALL the members in his club use the SAME photobucket account. So your "point" is as dull as Fosty's ability to post up to date photos, plus your "link" is blank....

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Twister (Larry), how did you go from not knowing who this Larry guy is, to being in his club and sharing photobucket accounts. You supposedly made contact with him, via phone, for the first time ever yesterday.

Would love to hear how you packed up your schit and moved from AZ to WY in less than 24hours and still had time to post here.

...IOW nice try liar.

Like slipping up with your "Mr. Root" and then using "I..." a few posts back. You can't even get the first person thing right.

Liars trip up because they forget a previous lie.

People telling the truth don't tend to make those mistakes. All they have to do is tell the truth, which is consistent and doesn't waver or change.

Your "truth" is a moving target... blush

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Kevin,

I think I have you pegged now. You are just another attention whore. One who is now on ignore.

Ed

And I have you pegged as well as a person who cannot make an argument without using ad hominem nonlogic. To put somebody on ignore and say it on the thread is a continuation of that. My psychologist friend says it makes people feel powerful and important.

Anyway, thanks for putting me on ignore. Now I don't have to deal with you anymnore.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your charade is crumbling around your ears Larry!

The only ones believing your lies are yourself, the countless voices in your diseased cranium, and perhaps your barrister 22WRF.

Fosteology:

You yourself have not said one thing relevant this entire discussion. Folks that do that are what makes guys like Larry Root tick. Try going out and playing for awhile.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My psychologist friend says it makes people feel powerful and important.

What does your psych. friend say about your arguing on the 'net? I've found that folks who have to quote their "professional" friends have little experience of their own to draw from.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My psychologist friend actually loves to read what some of the people have to say when I am participating in a discussion.

"I've found that folks who have to quote their "professional" friends have little experience of their own to draw from."

I have found that folks who quote their professional friends that have professions other than their own are doing a very smart thing when they are tryng to make a point in which they are not an expert.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The old [bleep] will be worm food soon anyways. Nothing to live for. She has never done anything with her life but dream and troll. The old girl is a washed up has been never was. She sits in her rocking chair looking back on her sorry existance and the cruel misfortunes of her life. She is forced to suffer her last remaining days in the turmoil of having gone so wrong oh so often.

Enough to cheer the casual observer right up! We are blessed to be fortunate to watch her crash and burn.

Better days in store for ya sugarbritches!

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Fair enough. I guess if you're the type that actually gives any credibility to psychologists.....

George

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is one reason we stomp on Larry so hard.
He inevitably slips up and provides incontrovertible proof that he's a liar, a charade and in fact Larry himself.

He goes from not knowing Larry's name or contact info to sharing a Photobucket account with him in the span of a coupla days.

Remember this Larry?

When you identify this fearsome phantom "larry", drop me a PM with his contact info.

I'll be brave enough to contact him and get some questions to pass along to you about places and things you claim to have done and things you claim to know about him.

To this just now.

Winnie, as was said a l-o-n-g time ago by Mr. Root, ALL the members in his club use the SAME photobucket account.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stupid as well as being supremely dishonest.

BWAHAHAAAA!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
This is one reason we stomp on Larry so hard.
He inevitably slips up and provides incontrovertible proof that he's a liar, a charade and in fact Larry himself.

He goes from not knowing Larry's name or contact info to sharing a Photobucket account with him in the span of a coupla days.

Remember this Larry?

To this just now.

Winnie, as was said a l-o-n-g time ago by Mr. Root, ALL the members in his club use the SAME photobucket account.

Maybe they hit it off and decided to move in together?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry just now made his Photobucket account Private. Need a password in order to access.

Yeah right.... Larry and "twister999" are two different individuals... crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry just now made his Photobucket account Private. Need a password in order to access.

Yeah right.... Larry and "twister999" are two different individuals... crazy

Dang it!

Now I can't have fun, but wait!!!

He deleted the picture of him with his deer that he posted. frown

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not yet. Just need to know the URL

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is one for you guys!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You boys are so amusing. I've been on the phone on & off all day with Mr. Root.
That's how, you complete dolts, I am in the PB account and I told him to make it private. Not really rocket science to keep scum at bay.

Enjoy the way you dummies deduced I was in AZ and WY......... both wrong.

As for "I", "we", "Mr. Root" again shows how stupid you are as you cannot distinguish a quote from a comment.

Look children, you have been nailed in so many lies, so many trailer trash mouth attacks, so many failed attempts to run the place, I almost feel sorry for you.

With the exception of this "winnie" boy, it is the same old gang that Mr. Root sent me a list of in an email. As for winnie, well he was an MP. When the Army intelligence tests are administered, cooks and bakers are selected from the lowest scope, guess who is next up ? Of course we don't know who he really is, now do we, because he like all the other "rough and tough gang" is hiding behind a keyboard.

WRF who tried the civil, educated, rational approach has advised me he is all done with you trash. Think he is right. You have been outed to anyone who cares. Wasting time with the free cheese, double wide, junk car lot crowd is well ..... a waste of time.

If you ever get the balls to more than talk, Mr. Root and his friends would love to meet you all.

To rewrite Cher a bit: " Cowards, liars and wannabes".

I'm joining up with WRF, you children keep quacking to each other as no one else cares.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
funny you use all the same phrases as Larry.....

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rattler
funny you use all the same phrases as Larry.....

Multiple club members, all fitting in the same head... shocked

No wonder they all sound alike... laugh

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

With the exception of this "winnie" boy, it is the same old gang that Mr. Root sent me a list of in an email.

Boy?

I am a teen, thank you very much.......

laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted By: twister999

Makes it simple for all members of the club to use one account when they all live in the same skull.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
club/kl&#601;b/
Noun:

An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity.
A imaginary place inside Larry Root's mind

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ironically the pictures that constituted his Photobucket account were pics of him, his nags, dog, house, his two butt buddies Duane and Roger, and various pictures of rifles (some which have been alleged are not his).

Seems his "club members" have refrained from adding their pictures to his account all these years....

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Ironically the pictures that constituted his Photobucket account were pics of him, his nags, dog, house, his two butt buddies Duane and Roger, and various pictures of rifles (some which have been alleged are not his).

Seems his "club members" have refrained from adding their pictures to his account all these years....

Fost,

All the club membership pictures probably ARE on that Photobucket account... crazy

DF

Edited to add:

Chicago voter rolls, nondiscriminatory against the deceased.

Larry's club membership list...

It's a "virtual world" out there... shocked

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/03/12.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Larry, please seek help for your mental issues.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's how, you complete dolts, I am in the PB account and I told him to make it private. Not really rocket science to keep scum at bay.

As for "I", "we", "Mr. Root" again shows how stupid you are as you cannot distinguish a quote from a comment.

Look children, you have been nailed in so many lies, so many trailer trash mouth attacks, so many failed attempts to run the place, I almost feel sorry for you.

With the exception of this "winnie" boy, it is the same old gang that Mr. Root sent me a list of in an email. As for winnie, well he was an MP. When the Army intelligence tests are administered, cooks and bakers are selected from the lowest scope, guess who is next up ? Of course we don't know who he really is, now do we, because he like all the other "rough and tough gang" is hiding behind a keyboard.

WRF who tried the civil, educated, rational approach has advised me he is all done with you trash. Think he is right. You have been outed to anyone who cares. Wasting time with the free cheese, double wide, junk car lot crowd is well ..... a waste of time.

If you ever get the balls to more than talk, Mr. Root and his friends would love to meet you all.

I'm joining up with WRF, you children keep quacking to each other as no one else cares.
Time to face facts, Larry Bitch. Blood is in the water and the sharks are circling. No good can come for you. Grab a cinder block and sink.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Damn Larry, using WRF as a your example of innocence laugh defending you is a step up for a guy that would represent a chimo given the opportunity.

Tell Mousemicky I said hello if you can access that part of your brain wink

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Tell Mousemicky I said hello if you can access that part of your brain wink

I was wondering how he keeps them all compartmentalized.

Such a weird gathering of misfits could start a riot or a mutiny.

Being ringmaster for such a circus can't be easy.

I guess there's medicine for that if they get too unruly... crazy

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't normally get involved in pissen matches but this one is entertaining.

Has anyone called the Sublette County SO and asked if they know anything at all about Larry? He said the local SO was involved to make the $10,000 bet "fair"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The posts seem to get weirder, and weirder as time goes on, with each new identity. Think this is a dog that should be left sleeping...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your Internet bravado and tough guy act is always good for a hearty belly laugh Larry!

Just what exactly do you think you and your merry band of cross dressers would do? Hit someone with your [bleep] purse? laugh

The only thing one would need to fear with you and your geriatric posse would be you old girls trying to hobble away in a terrified panic on your walkers as fast as your feeble legs will carry you, and wind up falling and breaking a hip.

You practically sheit yourself when you thought Bricktop was actually on his way out to your casa. In a frenzied panic, you started calling the Sublette County Sheriffs Office, Key West Police, Monroe County Sheriffs Office, CIA, FBI, Secret Service, etc. etc. etc.

Bricktop played your old useless azz to a level that is obviously far beyond your comprehension, and it only shined as to the depth each and every time you wailed about the BIG Pinedale shindig you thought was imminent. It was grand entertainment, and numerous Forum members got a chuckle.

Attempt to spin it all you like old douche, but everyone remembers your outbursts and incoherent rants. In a panic you began burning up the phone lines calling all the hotels in Sublette County trying to ascertain if there was a group making reservations, as you were worried sick someone was going to pop-up this summer and say, "Booo"!

Tuck in a fresh maxipad and go find something constructive to do you old worthless goat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know I always wondered what happened when a pregnant lady drank and smoked. Larry showed me what happens..

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Far away from single shots, but Twister, what chance you have to exchange with a former Thud pilot.
They suffer heavy losses during first years of North bombing, they had great balls! The Thud, with the F4 and heroes who flow them, were a favorite of a young boy/teenager in military school, dreaming of big powerful birds, power, aventure, service, dedication and courage.
They were everyday in black and white on our TV from US or Commy news and i thought of them pilots flying in that inferno. General Robin Odds who flew over Europe said NV was worst.

Can you send me mister Root Larry phone number, if he's ok to do so. Would like to heard about that great plane and the men who flew her in that war.
A boy dream come true. wink

Dom

PS: was he flying on D or F model. May be Wild Weasel?
[Linked Image]

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by writing_frog
Can you send me mister Root Larry phone number, if he's ok to do so.
He's okay to do so: (307) 367-7711

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Winnie don't waste your time with the CRAZY TRAIN !

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is so funny. The pack of wolves is far far worse than the guy they are complaining about.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Tune of Beverly Hillbillys..

Well listen to the story of a man named Larry Root
Came on the Campfire, thinking the sight was just a hoot
Bad advice he was spreading to members got him on the run
Rick B took the matter in his hand and band the Bum.

Root that is�bad advice, telling lies, cause dissent

Oh Larry shows back up, every now and then
Stealthing as a new member, acting like a friend
Offering questionable advice and dribble, to even up the score
Member�s recognize old Larry act, and offer him the door

Pack your S$%t, hit the road, so long, bye Root

Now Larry, he�s a hard case, he just can�t stay away
He�s drawn to the Campfire, just you and me
To talk about guns, and hunting, it fills our every need
And to see members hammer Larry, it�s such a sight to see

Root that is, no slack, getting hammered

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
laugh laugh laugh

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More like a pack of lemmings except dumber. Imagine wasting you time composing a stupid song from a B grade TV show tune that was aimed at idiot rednecks ?

They have lied many, many times and been caught.

They have made many threats and accomplished none.

They pirate other members threads, going 100% off subject in their lemming like search for the phantom who keeps their diapers full.

I suppose they check the closet and under the crib every night looking for the oger that will pounce on them the moment they close their beady little eyes

They are cowards hiding behind keyboards acting like little Nazi wannabes ...... something they have proven they don't have the balls to do on person.

They are a joke ..... nobody even cares.

The adults (99.999% of members) keep plugging away in spite of these idiots. BUT more and more are migrating to sites run by adults where these people would be shown the door in a heartbeat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of lies...... c'mon Larry, regaling us all once again with you heroic exploits during your 3 tours in 'Nam as a THUDS / F-105 "Fighter Pilot"??... Remember, loosing your friends over Red River....bunking with "Marine Snipers"... expert Marksman Badges with four different weapons... 600 and 1000 yard matches that you won while in the Air Force... your much claimed and touted combat service...

Even more so since your DD214 didn't reflect ANY of those tall tales!

You were NOT a fighter pilot (nor any other type)
NO sniper action nor association
NO combat service
NO reflection of these so called qualifications with FOUR weapons
NO mention of these LR matches you supposedly won....

You were just a communications nerd assigned to the Autodin switch in Korat.

Wasn't enough to be truthful for once in your pathetic excuse for a life and just say you served honorably. You had to weave a fantastical tale of heroism in an attempt to impress others, and bolster your flagging ego.

You're a sad pathetic little shell of a man..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you migrate once and for all then Larry?

You're a liar and a fraud as well as a coward and a thief.

FOst always asks you to tell us all again about your exploits flying THUD's over the Red River.
I'd love to hear those stories as I'm an avid admirer of our fine veterans. Tell us them Larry.

99.999% of the membership here despises you and your diseased personalities.

BTW there is another Deserving Kid thread going. What are you going to contribute? Or, more likely, who you going to use to try to scam something for free for a friend you yourself refuse to help.
You're a 1%er after all!

Pathetic isn't nearly a strong enough word for what you are.

...giggle...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have made many threats and accomplished none.
You sure about that? We could revisit that whole "trip to Pinedale" episode from the spring that had you calling the county mounties, various highway patrols, and ultimately had you off the board for a couple of days. I'd say that "threat" accomplished exactly what it was meant to do.

Dumb f*ck.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hey I could swing by Pinedale to meet the man, the myth, the liar..

Lol this whole thread makes for some great laugh. Have any of you guys ever thought that this guy is just mental?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're all quite certain that Larry has some very very serious mental defects.

Hell, he has an entire chapter devoted to him in the new DSM5.

BTW, I think a stop in Pinedale if you're out that way would be a superb idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JWP58
Hey I could swing by Pinedale to meet the man, the myth, the liar..

If you do, I highly recommend ducking and weaving. Larry makes it sounds as though he and his posse of geriatric cross-dressers swing a mighty mean purse! grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
got a pal working in Pinedale, funny sh#t is that no one at the gun club or in the town seems to know anything about the superdouche. PM and flame on Larry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C'mon Blanket, there's a password and a list of usernames to use up on the club's bulletin board!

Larry says so, thus it must be true right?

Bwahaahaa!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
More like a pack of lemmings except dumber. Imagine wasting you time composing a stupid song from a B grade TV show tune that was aimed at idiot rednecks ?

I can remain silent no more. Belittling the Hillbillies is fightin' words!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Despite his adamant denials, apparently "twister999" was indeed "oldman1942" Larry Ellis Root.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him again ("mousemicky" & "longbored"). Root is as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel food cake...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A limerick to honor the occasion of Rootboy's flameout re-entry:

There was an old psycho named Root
whose trolling he thought was quite cute.
Some called him out
and he started to pout,
and his comebacks were truly a hoot.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 07/06/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Superb work G!

TFF!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My DD 214 only shows that I was in the service, and for how long. It doesn't show what I did there.

Nevertheless, can't you guys see that you are never going to win this fruitless exercise in futility. As I have stated over and over and over, if you don't put gas on the fire it might eventually go out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How true. But if past performance is any indicator, it doesn't work with this one.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
How true. But if past performance is any indicator, it doesn't work with this one.

Exactly!

When Larry's new usernames get consigned to the trash heap of infamy we're all granted at least a short reprieve from his incredible idiocy.
For that I'm thankful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Rick,

It's so damn funny when the "Old Douche" himself gets outed by the site-owner.

Larry should consolidate all of his personas into one, something like:

"Old1942DoucheTwister.45-70GOVT"

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My DD 214 only shows that I was in the service, and for how long. It doesn't show what I did there.

Nevertheless, can't you guys see that you are never going to win this fruitless exercise in futility. As I have stated over and over and over, if you don't put gas on the fire it might eventually go out.

Your DD214 doesn't indicate markmenship badges or ribbons? The "bunking with Marine snipers" would be next to impossible to prove (or disprove) but ribbons tell a lot, the dates he supposedly attended flight school would be on there and his four supposed "expert" badges would be on there as well. I haven't seen this illustrious DD214 so I have no idea what is on there, however apparently others here have. It IS possible to get it though, I promise.

I do hope if someone is low enough to display it on the open net that the poster would have the decency to block out Larry's SSN.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Your DD214 doesn't indicate markmenship badges or ribbons?"

I was only in there 3 years so I didn't have enough time to get any ribbons, and since I was in the Navy I didn't have to qualify for any marksmanship badges. Basically, all I did for most of the time I was in there was ride around on a big aircraft carrier.

[Linked Image]

And I would say to Larry, no matter what his DD 214 says: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY LARRY!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You served 3 years and was not awarded a single ribbon or weapon qualification badge? I don't know squat about the Navy but something seems fishy about that.

If the Navy is anything like the Marines, then if you were on a carrier for 3 continous months (IIRC) than you should have been awarded a Sea Service Deployment ribbon. Do you guys have good conduct ribbons? That should have come in at 3 years unless you were a total chit bag.

Regardless, I appreciate the fact that you (and Larry) decided to join the US military.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
You served 3 years and was not awarded a single ribbon or weapon qualification badge? I don't know squat about the Navy but something seems fishy about that.

If the Navy is anything like the Marines, then if you were on a carrier for 3 continous months (IIRC) than you should have been awarded a Sea Service Deployment ribbon. Do you guys have good conduct ribbons? That should have come in at 3 years unless you were a total chit bag.

Regardless, I appreciate the fact that you (and Larry) decided to join the US military.

ive seen a number of DD214's for friends and family and even if they were only in a short time and didnt do anything special, as you say they seemed to have given out ribbons just for being present sometimes.......granted some medals and ribbons mean alot like a silver or bronze star and all kinds of others like that but there are a hell of alot of "Hey I was there too" ribbons awarded aswell.....ive got a damn good friend that spent 4 years in the army during peace time and he has several ribbons for "participation" for lack of a better term.....

Last edited by rattler; 07/06/12.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was on the carrier for almost 2 1/2 years! I don't recall ever getting any medals or ribbons,nor was I concerned about getting any. Too busy for that. I think I shot a pistol once in boot camp. Other than that you don't shoot much on an Aircraft Carrier. But I always had good conduct!!! In fact, when I was getting ready to leave the ship for good in Naples I was sent to three different people who used a lot of pressure to get me to re-enlist. I decided to use my G.I. Bill benefits instead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No warfare pin after being on carrier for 2.5 years? When were you in because getting your warfare pin is danged near mandatory.

I know CTs who get them in the very short time they're on ship so if you were part of the ship's company, you should have gotten one.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I didn't. As I said, I wasn't all that concerned about making sure I was getting medals or pins. Do you think that after 35 years I could go back and complain?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 35, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,644
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.