Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Monkey Face, TRH, and a few others, now is your chance to experience what you have been longing for. Almost total un -lawlessness. Just load up your families and move out to the NYC area for about a week. Then you will appreciate having a semblance of law and order, if you survive. And I doubt that you could.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's not anarchy government still exist. Government has chosen not to do it's job but that's not anarchy. Of course, if you want to call government anarchy that I would go along with.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Derby, Google "Marshall law declared in Jersey Shore."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Monkey Face, TRH, and a few others, now is your chance to experience what you have been longing for. Almost total un -lawlessness. Just load up your families and move out to the NYC area for about a week. Then you will appreciate having a semblance of law and order, if you survive. And I doubt that you could.

Those that promote it, have never experienced it...

Monkey face has been offered a taste of "Barakistan" & has to date refused the offer.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone lives the life of a hermit, is any form of gov. even really noticed ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Those aren't free people, they're government-dependent people who have been abandoned by their nanny.

Aren't some of those folks (NYC area) almost neighbor's of yours ?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Monkey Face owns an airplane. Wonder who built the runway he uses? And the hanger? Plus any other airport that he might land at? And the facilities?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Typical "Blue State" dwellers.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Monkey Face owns an airplane. Wonder who built the runway he uses? And the hanger? Plus any other airport that he might land at? And the facilities?

I think what you're trying to say is:

"You Didn't Build That!"

grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
If someone lives the life of a hermit, is any form of gov. even really noticed ?

Yes...when you've worked your entire life looking for & filing a placer claim under the mining law of 1872 & are then pretty much chased out from your claim by threats from a minerals manager of the USFS who pretty much has the last word...what are you gonna do against the thugs who are gonna use helicopters & the local leo's to impound your equipment & lock your ass up under bogus charges??? I seen the writing on the wall...& it said I would either end up in jail or in a grave... mad

That claim had a horrendous amount of gold on it, & it had a lot in common with the "Big Nugget" claim on the discovery channel with the exception that it had well in excess of the meager values they show...the thing that really upsets me though is that I was willing to comply with any & all of this particular "minerals managers" demands & was told (by him) he'd NEVER approve my "plan of operation" for that particular piece of ground... mad

Mining has been my first love since I picked my first piece of gold out of the pan over 40 years ago but in my naivete, I figured I'd be protected....not only by our laws, but by the people that enforce them...I haven't checked to see if my old claim has been filed over, but it would surprise me if it hasn't...

Early on in my mining journey another spot I had intended to claim was on the North Fork of the American river, below a spot called "green valley" a schittload of gold, but in the infinite wisdom of the federal government, it was reclassified into a "Wild & Scenic" river a long time ago... cry

Every time I turn around, it seems as though "THE GOVT" in one form or the other seems intent on shoving it up my ass in one form or the other...

So yeah...even if you live the life of a hermit, you WILL be noticed...

One thing that I don't understand, & probably never will though is WHY??? What I mean is "why" anybody could be against another person pulling money "minerals" out of the ground & actually "creating" wealth...

My "retirement" plan for the past 40 or so years has been to collect social security & mine for gold...one way or another, I'll beat them bastards...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No federal, state or local government is needed to create such facilities and their creation without them is certainly much more efficient.

Obviously there are some fundamentals that you need to review.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How do you confuse a strict constructionist constitutionalist conservative with an anarchist? crazy You are one mixed up MF.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess it depends on if a guy supports an anarchist?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

AMEN that Barak.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can't understand why pet definitions of words supersede the real ones.

The mind boggles...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
I guess it depends on if a guy supports an anarchist?
And who might that be?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
People who's actions help O in his election efforts.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/04/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
People who's actions help O
How is helping a statist totalitarian get elected a pro-anarchy act?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Think

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Think
That's what I'm asking you to do.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deersmeller

No federal, state or local government is needed to create such facilities and their creation without them is certainly much more efficient.

Obviously there are some fundamentals that you need to review.

True, but how many people do you know that have built their own airport, complete with all the safety features that they have?

I know more than one person that has built a dirt runway but that is just the bare basics and not at all what I'm referring to. I doubt that MF would ever consider landing his rig at anything less than first class.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How did you know I lived in the NYC area?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Monkey Face owns an airplane.

And how did you know I owned an airplane?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Don't you remember taking me for a ride???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's where Penny lives right ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was _you?_ Okay, but how did you know it was my airplane? My brother's looks almost just like it, and he's the one who made the deal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's where Penny lives right ?

Okay, fine--how did you know _Penny_ lived in the NYC area?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Plinker

Isn't that "marital" law? I could be wrong.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's obvious that most on here have no idea of what anarchy is or means.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude

He's referring to the law established by actor William Marshall, i.e., "Never Endow Artificially Intelligent Machines With Human Engrams."

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

He's referring to the law established by actor William Marshall, i.e., "Never Endow Artificially Intelligent Machines With Human Engrams."

[Linked Image]

Oh okay. See I don't know everything. smile

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's their favorite alinsky type buzzword for anything less than the current amount of government/laws/etc. & the bloated, unsustainable, empty teated pig she has become.

Statists, gotta love 'em. Todays Tories.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's obvious that most on here have no idea of what anarchy is or means.
Ain't that the truth?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image]

Oh okay. See I don't know everything. smile

WTF are you nerds talking about?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by oulufinn
It's their favorite alinsky type buzzword for anything less than the current amount of government/laws/etc. & the bloated, unsustainable, empty teated pig she has become.

Statists, gotta love 'em. Todays Tories.
Exactly. Any call for limited constitutional government under the rule of law and free markets is a call for anarchy to these folks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

WTF are you nerds talking about?

Travis
Oh, like you don't know. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Yes...when you've worked your entire life looking for & filing a placer claim under the mining law of 1872 & are then pretty much chased out from your claim by threats from a minerals manager of the USFS who pretty much has the last word...what are you gonna do against the thugs who are gonna use helicopters & the local leo's to impound your equipment & lock your ass up under bogus charges??? I seen the writing on the wall...& it said I would either end up in jail or in a grave... mad

That claim had a horrendous amount of gold on it, & it had a lot in common with the "Big Nugget" claim on the discovery channel with the exception that it had well in excess of the meager values they show...the thing that really upsets me though is that I was willing to comply with any & all of this particular "minerals managers" demands & was told (by him) he'd NEVER approve my "plan of operation" for that particular piece of ground... mad

Mining has been my first love since I picked my first piece of gold out of the pan over 40 years ago but in my naivete, I figured I'd be protected....not only by our laws, but by the people that enforce them...I haven't checked to see if my old claim has been filed over, but it would surprise me if it hasn't...

Early on in my mining journey another spot I had intended to claim was on the North Fork of the American river, below a spot called "green valley" a schittload of gold, but in the infinite wisdom of the federal government, it was reclassified into a "Wild & Scenic" river a long time ago... cry

Every time I turn around, it seems as though "THE GOVT" in one form or the other seems intent on shoving it up my ass in one form or the other...

So yeah...even if you live the life of a hermit, you WILL be noticed...

One thing that I don't understand, & probably never will though is WHY??? What I mean is "why" anybody could be against another person pulling money "minerals" out of the ground & actually "creating" wealth...

My "retirement" plan for the past 40 or so years has been to collect social security & mine for gold...one way or another, I'll beat them bastards...

Last week i was up in the mts by prescott, on a ol stretch of river that they have been pulling gold out of since the 1800's. Saw these pretty signs Federal Mining clain. Heavy equipment in there they were working in the sand. Had to laugh, down river a mile or so was a camp, one of those cheap azz tents, quad with a plastic water container on it, some five gallon buckets. Saw the ol guy that was there riding back from a place he was getting water, he was working that spot for gold. If i would have had more time, i think i would have stopped to help him.
Down near congress was a homestead in my family since way before territorial days, there was a gold mine on it abandoned in the 40's due to water coming in they couldn't control. The ol lady that had the claim died, and her daughter in law neglected by a short period of time filing the necessary paperwork. The B.L.M. now owns it. The government is NOT your friend.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

That was _you?_ Okay, but how did you know it was my airplane? My brother's looks almost just like it, and he's the one who made the deal.

Because_it_had a_ Monkey Face on the vertical fin_.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

C'maaan--I thought you were serious.

But really--how did you know I owned an airplane?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are they really?
I thought they were people who buy vital services from mostly private companies whose products or distribution systems have failed, and are now looking to the government for assistance. But since you make that statement, I don't imagine you understand the role of the government or FEMA in the instance of a disaster.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I thought they were people who buy vital services from mostly private companies whose products or distribution systems have failed, and are now looking to the government for assistance. But since you make that statement, I don't imagine you understand the role of the government or FEMA in the instance of a disaster.

All true, which makes it difficult to decide whether Barak or Bigbuck215 is the most incorrect.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alot of these government dependent people are people that are friend's of Barak's. You know, welfare dependent types who are potential inmates waiting for their next incarceration.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are they really?

Sure I do. I just read an article about a guy who drove his pickup truck outside the gasoline-starved area and loaded up a bunch of food-grade 5-gallon plastic buckets (because that's what he had) with gasoline to take back in and sell to folks who needed it--that is, an entrepreneur taking the initiative to follow free-market pressures that stimulate distribution by attracting resources from where they're plentiful and cheap to where they're rare and valuable.

The government arrested him for carrying gasoline in unapproved containers and confiscated his cargo.

That's the role of government and FEMA in the instance of a disaster: to frustrate the free market, assault and kill people, and maintain conditions of squalor and dependence for as long as possible.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sure I do. I just read an article about a guy who drove his pickup truck outside the gasoline-starved area and loaded up a bunch of food-grade 5-gallon plastic buckets (because that's what he had) with gasoline to take back in and sell to folks who needed it--that is, an entrepreneur taking the initiative to follow free-market pressures that stimulate distribution by attracting resources from where they're plentiful and cheap to where they're rare and valuable.

The government arrested him for carrying gasoline in unapproved containers and confiscated his cargo.

That's the role of government and FEMA in the instance of a disaster: to frustrate the free market, assault and kill people, and maintain conditions of squalor and dependence for as long as possible.
Bingo!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are they really?

The private companies haven't failed it's the government and unions who have failed.

If the government and unions would get the hell out of the way mountains could and would be moved by private companies to get things going again. The same thing happened in NO during Katrina. It's always the government that's the stumbling block in these situations NOT private companies.

I realize I'm semi-retired and have the time to listen to radio and read the Internet which probably puts me ahead of the curve.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are they really?

RIGHT ON!!!!!! RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!! YA, SOMEONE WHO HAS IT RIGHT!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Made my point for me, thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're only half right. Here it's the union's [bleep] things up to get the power restored.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're only half right. Here it's the union's [bleep] things up to get the power restored.

I'm not half right I'm one hundred percent right as usual at least in these matters. Governments and unions are criminal enterprises by nature.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not half right I'm one hundred percent right as usual at least in these matters. Governments and unions are criminal enterprises by nature.
Legislatively perhaps. But collective bargaining is pure capitalism...supply & demand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Legislatively perhaps. But collective bargaining is pure capitalism...supply & demand.

Only if the government stays out of it...which the government almost never does.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In a free market, it would be, but that's not been the case regarding labor relations in the US at least since the Wagner Act of 1935.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In this instance you're half right. I'm not seeing where the gov is blocking power resoration here in NJ. I agree that both are criminal enterprises by nature.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In this instance you're half right. I'm not seeing where the gov is blocking power resoration here in NJ. I agree that both are criminal enterprises by nature.

Well you are closer to the action than I am being about 2500 miles away but from what I understand the government has done nothing to shut down the union from stopping non-union line men from restoring power.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Collective bargaining is not pure capitalism because collective bargaining is based on theft. Nobody is going to consent to theft unless force is employed.

One person starts out with no marbles while the other person has all the marbles. The one who wants the marbles from the one who has the marbles uses force to obtain the marbles. That's not capiltalism pure or other wise.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Collective bargaining is not pure capitalism because collective bargaining is based on theft. Nobody is going to consent to theft unless force is employed.

One person starts out with no marbles while the other person has all the marbles. The one who wants the marbles from the one who has the marbles uses force to obtain the marbles. That's not capiltalism pure or other wise.
Absolutely incorrect. In the context of a free market, labor may coordinate freely in establishing their price (i.e., wage) just as merchants may do so regarding their prices, if they like. By doing this, however, in a free system, both expose themselves to the risk of other workers or merchants undercutting them. What government in the US does, however, is to outlaw the undercutting part, i.e., interfere with the natural operation of the free market establishing prices for labor (i.e., wages).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well you are closer to the action than I am being about 2500 miles away but from what I understand the government has done nothing to shut down the union from stopping non-union line men from restoring power.

In this instance they've done nothing to help or hurt the situation. If they did try to step in you guys would be saying they are evil for stepping in.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Absolutely incorrect. In the context of a free market, labor may coordinate freely in establishing their price (i.e., wage) just as merchants may do so regarding their prices, if they like. By doing this, however, in a free system, both expose themselves to the risk of other workers or merchants undercutting them. What government in the US does, however, is to outlaw the undercutting part, i.e., interfering with natural operation of the free market in the establishment of prices. Wages are merely prices for labor.

As usual I'm right as I almost always am. In the context of a free market there is no such thing as collective bargaining. Collective bargaining requires a group of at least two and when you have at least two force always enters into the collective bargaining.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

In this instance they've done nothing to help or hurt the situation. If they did try to step in you guys would be saying they are evil for stepping in.

I think government is evil anyway but in this case the government has a legitimate function to step in and make the recovery move as fast as possible. But as usual, government is more a problem than a solution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

As usual I'm right as I almost always am. In the context of a free market there is no such thing as collective bargaining. Collective bargaining requires a group of at least two and when you have at least two force always enters into the collective bargaining.
You are being self-contradictory. If I'm free, and so are you, then we are free to inform our employer of our intention to stop working absent some condition, such as higher wages or safer work conditions. If we are not free to do that, then the market isn't free. The problem arises only when the force of the state enters into the relationship preventing the employer from firing us and hiring permanent replacements. This interferes with the market finding the correct price for labor, i.e., that wage which results in the maximum efficiency in the production and distribution of resources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You are being self-contradictory. If I'm free, and so are you, then we are free to inform our employer of our intention to stop working absent some condition we would like, such as higher wages or safer work conditions. If we are not free to do that, then the market isn't free. The problem arises only when the force of the state enters into the relationship preventing the employer from firing us and hiring permanent replacements.

I'm never self-contradictory. Collective bargaining is always force. I will agree that government helps collective bargaining work best but is not necessary. The Mafia has shown that.

I think where we get into trouble with these discussions is you tend toward the romantic and I do not.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I'm never self-contradictory. Collective bargaining is always force.
An agreement on the part of employees to stop working absent a desired condition be met constitutes force??? How is choosing not to work (individually or as a group) an exercise of force? Preventing them from doing so would be force, more familiarly known as slavery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think government is evil anyway but in this case the government has a legitimate function to step in and make the recovery move as fast as possible. But as usual, government is more a problem than a solution.

So when it's convenient for you, the gubberment is good. Thanks for clearing that up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Barak,I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before.Not in a bragging way...... it just fit in a post you made.Don't ask when. grin

Same with NYC,I guess.Although in THAT instance,somebody else may have "outed" you.grin

Point is,I knew - or thought I knew - those two things about you,

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

An agreement on the part of employees to stop working absent a desired condition be met constitutes force??? How is choosing not to work (individually or as a group) an exercise of force? Preventing them from doing so would be force, more familiarly known as slavery.

What creates force is stopping the employer from replacing the workers who refuse to work for whatever the reason. The problem with collective bargaining is it always results in the use of force one way or another whether there is government force to back it up or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Barak,I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before.Not in a bragging way...... it just fit in a post you made.Don't ask when. grin

Same with NYC,I guess.Although in THAT instance,somebody else may have "outed" you.grin

Point is,I knew - or thought I knew - those two things about you,

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: How can you tell that there's a pilot at your party?
A: He'll tell you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So when it's convenient for you, the gubberment is good. Thanks for clearing that up.

Government is merely a management system managing the relationship between the people and the state. If people chose to organize into a collective unit of some sort, i,e, nation, state, county, city, or whatever than one legitimate function of that management system the people chose is to get things going again in a natural disaster. People hire managers and workers to run the management system unfortunately the only humans that tend toward the management system are the seekers of power, criminals, and the lazy. Hence, when the people need the management system to get things going again the only thing the management system is good at is creating even more problems than the natural disaster created.

Personally, I've never seen a management system between the state and the people ever work because self-interest is the motive of all human behavior. The best thing that the management system can do in a natural disaster is get the heck out of the way and let the people fix things.

Sorry for the confusion. All I was saying is that if there is a legitimate function for the management system it would seem like disaster recovery would be one of them. Much like if there is a legitimate function for the management system to have and use military assets defending an ambassador and company would be one of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
..unfortunately the only humans that tend toward the management system are the seekers of power, criminals, and the lazy....

Careful, you're talking badly of potential clients for Barak and Penny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
..unfortunately the only humans that tend toward the management system are the seekers of power, criminals, and the lazy....

Barak and Penny have a Christian ministry that attempts to save souls and train people to be productive citizens.

http://kpmifoundation.org/index.php

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In an anarchist society, employees should be just as free to form a cartel as businesses� After all, if businesses were to form a cartel to fix pricing in an anarchist society; who could stop them? Same thing for employees. If they are able to form a cartel and deny work, then that would be their right. However, they wouldn�t have the right to use force to prevent those who would break the �strike� to go to work in their place. But they would be free to use other means such as market pressure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What creates force is stopping the employer from replacing the workers who refuse to work for whatever the reason. The problem with collective bargaining is it always results in the use of force one way or another whether there is government force to back it up or not.

I guess that's a good point. Given that union workers are bargaining for more pay or fewer hours or whatever, it seems that one of two scenarios must be the case.

On the one hand, perhaps these workers really are worth more money than they're being paid: if they left, they could get a jobs making more money for a competitor, and their current employer would have to spend a considerable sum of money getting replacements up to speed, and then have to pay them more to retain them.

But in that case, why would they join a union? Why wouldn't they just individually threaten to quit, and then simply do so if their demands weren't met? There's no coercion here, but I think this scenario is probably fairly rare in union conflicts, because no union is required. Unions are expensive; why would you bother with one when simply threatening to quit is much easier and cheaper?

On the other hand, perhaps these workers really aren't worth more money than they're being paid, so that if they left they'd have trouble finding equivalently-waged jobs elsewhere or perhaps any jobs at all, and they could be easily and cheaply replaced with folks who would be glad for the same amount of money or possibly even less.

There's no coercion so far in this scenario either, but if it remains coercion-free, then the obvious course of action is simply for management to fire the whiners and hire less-troublesome replacements. So if management does something else, it seems fair to assume that management is being coerced somehow--either by the government or by the union.

But I really have very little experience with unions and may be way off here somewhere.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG

All true, which makes it difficult to decide whether Barak or Bigbuck215 is the most incorrect.

Hey, man, let's be a little more careful in making these comparisons. whistle Anyway, of course I am the most correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Barak and Penny have a Christian ministry that attempts to save souls and train people to be productive citizens.

http://kpmifoundation.org/index.php

I'm familar with what they attempt to do and where they attempt to do it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What creates force is stopping the employer from replacing the workers who refuse to work for whatever the reason.
Yes, that's force. Before adopting my position, however, it's conventional to admit to having been wrong previously. Instead, you pretend your position has always been mine, as if the record isn't clear. Poor form.
The problem with collective bargaining is it always results in the use of force one way or another whether there is government force to back it up or not.
That's what the police are for, i.e., to arrest anyone who initiates force. And the courts are for the punishing of same. That only works, however, when the laws aren't designed to interfere with the free market to start with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all unions have the luxury of a work stop. Not if you are a LEO here in NJ anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe Derby caught a case of Romnesia....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not all unions have the luxury of a work stop. Not if you are a LEO here in NJ anyway.
Government workers who threaten a work stoppage should instantly be fired en masse and replaced, but you have a complete right to threaten one, and to take part in one. No one is forcing anyone to continue in their current place of employment. It's a free country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you're OK with the gov having that power over me or anyone else ? I'm surprised. Guess you don't really believe in workplace rights then either.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So you're OK with the gov having that power over me or anyone else ? I'm surprised. Guess you don't really believe in workplace rights then either.
What power? That of not bowing to your demands as employees? Yes. Absolutely? You don't own your job. Your employer does. If you think you're worth more than what you're getting, or are required to work too many hours, or whatever, go find another employer offering terms more to your liking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What power? That of not bowing to your demands as employees? Yes. Absolutely? You don't own your job. Your employer does. If you think you're worth more than what you're getting, or are required to work too many hours, or whatever, go find another employer offering terms more to your liking.

Is that what you teachers do ?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that what you teachers do ?
If teachers demand more than the district is willing to pay, the teachers should walk and the district should replace them, should they decide that the cost of training new teachers doesn't exceed the cost of meeting the striking teacher's terms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that what you teacher's do ? Do you have some incidents where that happened ? Never heard of that happening here, that's for sure.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that what you teacher's do ? Do you have some incidents where that happened ?
I can't speak for any teachers other than myself. However, there's more than the teachers' side, just like there's more than the police officers' side. Deals need to be made between them without the interference of laws directed at labor relations, i.e., in accordance with the free market. If the teachers are asking more than they're worth, the districts should be free in the law to fire them and hire new teachers just as teachers are free to quit work and seek new employment. It's called the free market. I advocate it. Big surprise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, when I said "teachers" I was referring to you guys as a group. I think we both know the answer.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, when I said "teachers" I was referring to you guys as a group. I think we both know the answer.
I can only speak for myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you agree then.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glad you agree then.
As usual, after being trounced, you stop making sense.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG

Hey, man, let's be a little more careful in making these comparisons. whistle Anyway, of course I am the most correct.

Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government and Barak can't blame the problems on too much government. Government is simply a non-factor.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I respect how you attempt to reason with those who lack the facilities.

Hope springs eternal, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you agree then.
As usual, after being trounced, you stop making sense.

You acting like you didn't understand my original question, dragging it out further than needed only because you enjoy hearing yourself wax on, wasn't making a whole lot more sense either. Being trounced ? I must have missed your invisible post where that happened.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Hmmm... it's reasonable that the abandonment came from private entities... Elec, gas, fuel, food, trash, medical, business open for employment... Why does Barak feel those people are dependent on government when clearly the private sector supply's life's necessities.

People not being prepared for a break in their fundamentals isn't the government's (our) problem, the responsibility is to open public infrastructure so that the private sector can resume business.

Kent

Originally Posted by efw

I respect how you attempt to reason with those who lack the facilities.

Hope springs eternal, eh?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe Derby caught a case of Romnesia....

Nope, had to go get the wife and have supper. Besides, as usual, we are going far afield from Kevin's original post of collective bargaining and pure capitalism.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by JOG

Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government and Barak can't blame the problems on too much government. Government is simply a non-factor.

Bring me up to speed as I don't recall or find where I made a statement at all in either direction.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by JOG
Government has almost no role in emergency response, so you can't blame the current problems on the lack of government...

Robert Frost
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.