Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
496 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It will only be settled if they judge by what the 2nd Amendment says and not by what they want it to say.

AN OATH IS NOT SOMETHING YOU GIVE BACK UNLESS YOUR A POLITICIAN!

RACISM ALWAYS EQUALS FEAR!

THE WANTS OF THE FEW SHOULD NOT OUTWEIGH THE RIGHT OF THE MANY!
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Scalia has taken Kagan to the target range a couple of times.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still do not trust the Supreme court to get it right, and that is a hell of a thing to have to say. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not getting my hopes up. She does seem like less of an ideologue than Sotomayor though. But that's a pretty high bar.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Ron Paul had the single best pro-gun voting record of anybody in Congress

Did that douche ever even own a gun, much less shoot one?
I don't know and don't really care. I'll take "that douche" over folks like Joe Biden who own guns but think that you shouldn't. If I'd lived in Paul's district I wouldn't have been electing him because he had an NRA card in his wallet or a bunch of guns in his safe. I'd be electing him because he was a proven defender of my right to keep and bear arms.

Lots of people talk the talk, but he walked the walk. What is McCain's and Romney's record on gun control? How many guns do they own?

Romney voted for the first gun ban. These Rhino's need to go. They only need to say one thing and mean it to get my vote. "I'm going in to gut the federal government". Big government is a threat to all free men!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney voted for the first gun ban.

He is in the news a lot right now like he is gearing up for the next Presidential election. Hope not because there is better out there and if he is running they may not. miles

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by RISJR

By the end of this year or the 1st quarter of 2014, Roberts is going to become a lot brighter to many folks.

This is a thread hijack, please excuse me.

RISJR could you explain in a little more detail what you mean here. Use words an Ozark hillbilly can grasp, my reading of legal language ain't so good.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Prodded by Totenberg, Scalia also commented on the hunting ability of Justice Elena Kagan, who has joined Scalia to shoot quail, pheasant and larger animals.

Last year, on a trip to Wyoming, they had a license to go after antelope and mule deer. But there were none to be found.

Instead, "she ended up killing a white-tailed doe, which she could have done in my driveway" in suburban Virginia, Scalia said.

He said Kagan, who never handled a gun before joining the court, is just a beginner, but "she dropped that doe in just one shot."

grin

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/scalia-state-union-childish-spectable-article-1.1262905

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Scalia has taken Kagan to the target range a couple of times.

Yeah......but she always comes back.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
that must make Scalia a bad shot

Sam......

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I can't find anything in print about Scalia saying "Of the two, I took the cute one shooting"......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
Romney voted for the first gun ban.

He is in the news a lot right now like he is gearing up for the next Presidential election. Hope not because there is better out there and if he is running they may not. miles

I beg to differ. He's laid low post election 'cept one interview with Fox, which airs in a few days I think. I think he'll make it clear when the Fox interview airs that he is done with national office seeking. He had his chance and now its time for others. Hope he lays the wood to Obama in his interview though. Plenty to criticize for sure.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Why did you mention that Obama claimed it was NOT a tax if you think THAT should have no bearing on Robert's decision?

It's a simple question.

That deseves a simple answer.

-Because the thing was misrepresented from start to finish by the White House and Democratic leaders.

-To rule it constitutional based soley on the Congress' right to impose taxes, ignoring the argument that it restricts a persons freedom of choice, demonstrates to me that the Court was looking for a way to pass the President's plan.

What makes you think that exposing the 2nd amendment to this court won't possibly lead to a compromise where freedoms are lost.

It's a simple question.

Well, John, the 2A has already been exposed to this court, and we came out better than I thought we would as far as them deciding the the case that was before them. They seem to have set the bar fairly high for the gov't when the level of scrutiny is determined in future lawsuits.

But,they sure could desert us. No question about that.

Having a more conservative court in the future is not very likely, I'm afraid. I think we are better off with the current court.

It's a crap shoot.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the point. It IS a TAX. Just because Obama says it's not doesn't make it so. If you read the majority opinion you will find that what Roberts did was actually pretty smart. He was able to get the liberal wing of the court to restrict congressional power under the commerce clause. LINK
=============

Precisely. Many will see the wisdom behind all that Roberts accomplished with his ruling only as time passes and the problems facing this administration because of Robert's ruling actually kick into play.

By the end of this year or the 1st quarter of 2014, Roberts is going to become a lot brighter to many folks.

I don't think so. They'll just remodel all their gun control schemes after 0bamacare & the NFA.

$50,000 tax on 11+ round magazines anyone? How about $250,000 property tax on that AR in your closet?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Constitution provides in the Origination Clause that all bills for raising revenue must originate in the House of Representatives. Therefore with the current make up of the House this is highly unlikely. There are also some questions about the constitutionality of Obamacare on these grounds.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I beg to differ. He's laid low post election 'cept one interview with Fox,

I have been hearing lots of talk of him and Condelesa Rice for the Vice President on the radio lately. Not Romney doing the talking but others talking about him. miles

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like Scalia and Kagen are doing more than hunting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, Jr., that's a realllllly big stretch, but I hope you are right, but I won't bet on it.

Roberts could have just done it the sure & easy way & it would have been over & done........had he done that, he would have been smart for sure & shown us where he stands.

Why all the circumferential methodology when he could have taken the direct route?

MM

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Well, Jr., that's a realllllly big stretch, but I hope you are right, but I won't bet on it.

Roberts could have just done it the sure & easy way & it would have been over & done........had he done that, he would have been smart for sure & shown us where he stands.

Why all the circumferential methodology when he could have taken the direct route?

MM
You'll see. Just you wait. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... while Scalia did say there were limits to how far 2A goes he did set that bar pretty high (shoulder fired missiles).

The fact is he said it - limits - and therefor left the door open for an interpretation that may not bode well for the pro-gun crowd.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.