Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by KR13
So cops can shoot anyone with a firearm? Hell, I've been in combat zones with more strict ROE.

If someone accosts you and is holding a firearm and you draw and tell them to drop it and they dont what will YOU do

So he "Accosted" them now..?

I can see 95% of the folks on this forum doing exactly what this old man did, being neighborly.

More than likely, he was trying to tell the cops he lived in the house behind the driveway in which he was standing when the cops felt "threatened" and ended his life.

Why would a man take a job he is scared to death of ? seems to me they needs to find other employment other than police work, these cops who are so afraid of their work , are more of a threat to the public that any help they have to offer .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by HawkI
Not necessarily.

But 50,000 posts might also mean you're not just full of internet bravado and a self-righteous azzhole.....

Go back and read my post, then Sir Isaac's. I give respect where it is deserved. Not deserved in this case, and I could give a rats ass how many post anyone has. Doesn't make them Gods gift to anything, Internet included.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Ironman65
Originally Posted by isaac
It's not hard to understand. What's hard to understand is how you drew such a foolish conclusion based upon those facts. Are you suggesting a armed burglar couldn't have been in the garage?

That's WTF I mean. Let me know if you need further help.

Ohhh, I see, you are one of those azzholes. Gotcha! As you stated, "based upon those facts", IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK GOOD! Again, why is that statement so hard to understand? I know, it's not hard to understand how a man getting shot in his own garage, by "trained professionals" no less, JUST DOESNT LOOK GOOD, but you just want to argue.

Are you a Democrat by chance, or just a self righteous azzhole?

This one?

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
It's not hard to understand. What's hard to understand is how you drew such a foolish conclusion based upon those facts. Are you suggesting a armed burglar couldn't have been in the garage?

That's WTF I mean. Let me know if you need further help.

Ohhh, I see, you are one of those azzholes. Gotcha! As you stated, "based upon those facts", IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK GOOD! Again, why is that statement so hard to understand? I know, it's not hard to understand how a man getting shot in his own garage, by "trained professionals" no less, JUST DOESNT LOOK GOOD, but you just want to argue.

Are you a Democrat by chance, or just a self righteous azzhole?

This one?

No, the previous ones. But if you want to brown nose Isaac, go for it. I mean, he does have 50,000+ post after all.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
All I saw was two guys debating back and forth; then you got pissy.

Just the facts ma'am...

I certainly don't agree with him on this issue and his football predictions are folly, but he's not a self righteous azzhole or a Democrat, so you're on about equal footing.
ChillTFOut.

The rookies (and hopefully not the dept) going on a "suicide" by cop claim is a [bleep] cop out.

But to claim these guys had no right to be on this man's property is akin to saying the guy had no right to arm himself and be about his property...

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Not necessarily.

But 50,000 posts might also mean you're not just full of internet bravado and a self-righteous azzhole.....

Go back and read my post, then Sir Isaac's. I give respect where it is deserved. Not deserved in this case, and I could give a rats ass how many post anyone has. Doesn't make them Gods gift to anything, Internet included.

This from a guy (assumed) who joined late last year and with ~160 posts. Run along, now, pilgrim.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
No matter what excuse the Cops and their department comes up with , they shot the wrong person on his own property and someone will pay dearly once it becomes a civil suit in the court room. Even if these two cops don't go to jail , they should never be allowed to wear a badge again, just to much of this chit happening in this country today .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ft Worth would have been better off if the homeowner had killed the two cops.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I never said they didn't belong on his property. As a matter of fact, I said maybe they heard something, or saw a light, and circled his house to investigate. In other words, giving the LEO's the benefit of doubt. As I stated, we just don't know, we weren't there.

Achadwick, I will be back at my house in Colorado in July, in order to pick up my new Kifaru pack, and scout for elk season. Maybe we can have a beer, pilgrim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would never go out side openly carrying a firearm in town.
Wayyyy too easy to get shot.
Neighbors alarm goes off,load my gun,call 911, STAY IN THE HOUSE and keep an eye out.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
maybe the old man should have shot them both for impersonating police officers while robbing his neighbors home

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay behind locked doors so the cops don't shoot you. Sorry state this country has got to, thanks largely in part to completely incompetent government employees, some with guns.

gitem12, it is obvious from your comments you shouldn't be trusted with a squirt gun, you're unfit.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fluffy

I would never go out side openly carrying a firearm in town.
Wayyyy too easy to get shot.
Neighbors alarm goes off,load my gun,call 911, STAY IN THE HOUSE and keep an eye out.

Yeah, the guy shoulda stayed in his house/garage! Oh, wait...... wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, at least they didn't stomp his cat or shoot his dogs.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not trying to start a controversy here but I will tell what was reported on the local news channels. The news folks may have the situation completely wrong or I may have not heard every nuance they were trying to communicate, but I have listed the �points� I got from local news.
1. The police officers responded to the wrong house

2. The garage of Mr. Waller faced the back of his property, away from the house that the burglar alarm was sounding and bright lights were shining

3. Mr. Waller opened his garage door with a .38 revolver in his hand

4. Mr. Waller was shot inside his garage, across the street from the house with the burglar alarm

5. Mr. Waller was shot, the news doesn�t say how many times, but there were 6 shots that were reported to be fired from one gun

6. The police officers had to go behind Mr. Waller�s house to find him in his garage across the street from the home with the burglar alarm going off.

7. The Fort Worth Police Department has decided to keep the investigation �in house� to determine fault in this case

From these pieces of reporting I don�t believe it will ever be a justified shooting, and of course I believe the Fort Worth Police Department should call in the Texas Rangers or other outside agency to investigate. I don�t doubt the same results will be found from any agency that investigates this tragedy, but the public would be much less concerned if another agency does the investigation and publishes their conclusion.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree they need to call in the Rangers on this. Too many problems with the shooting and it needs to be sorted out by an outside agency before it goes to the grand jury,

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Isn't self preservation the natural human condition?

Tragic? Of course. Understandable? Yes.
Old guy sees them walking around with guns but can't id them as cops and they throw down on him and he kills them. Same outcome? Y'all defending the old guy then? Just wonderin'...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree but to the failed cadets and beanie wienies here that jist isnt possible. Hollywood says so
I don't know what you're calling a "beanie weanie" but I know of no failed cadets on here. Not saying there aren't, but I don't know of any. I've also been on here a lot longer than you have and know the backstories or at least the ones floated, of many of the regulars. There's lots of shixt said about posters "painting with a broad brush" as far as law enforcement is concerned. I'm thinking you've listened to the wrong people and have some misperceptions that you're helping to further hopefully without knowing that you are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that story is acurate, I hope they file charges on these dumb [bleep]!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
What the cops need to learn to do is back away and figure things out -not start shooting .

Except its OUR job to be there not his, he should have put his weapon down. He placed himself in a bad situation. Its a trajic trajic situation all around for ALL concerned. But until YOU have walked in our ahoes the best thing to do is STFU
when a neighbor is in trouble, it's the neighbors job. you're a just a feel good for society.

Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,026
Posts18,481,789
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.