Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm sure you'll remain content in your confusion. Apples and oranges.

Not confused about anything.

In fact,...you've clarified much in the last couple of days.

GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I despise John Kerry. Notwithstanding, it was his finest hour.

Separate the politics from what is right and what makes this country noble.

Kerry is an idiot and has been showing his ass nonstop in his new job, for which he is as unqualified as his boss.

If Obama hadn't sent his moron VP to f up the status of forces agreement with Iraq, Iran wouldn't have been able to tranship material to Assad, and the US could have discreetly aided the non terrorist opposition when it might have meant something.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with a sudden strike designed to kill the entire Assad clan, but that's not what Obama wants to do.....this is an ineffectual media show to save what's left of his face. And a "look at that squirrel" deal to distract from the worsening economic numbers and the disaster of Obamacare.

Given the current state of play....and the grave questions about whether it was even Assad that popped the gas (why would he provoke the world when he's winning the war already?)....I say let our various enemies keep killing each other and don't interfere.

Nothing we do is going to improve the lot of the Syrians or contribute to US security or reputation in the region.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've said from the get go that I am in favor of a limited strike on the chemical weapon arsenals and those in control/possession of them. I've not once stated a belief or position that any specific political party or Assad should be the designed target.

Last edited by isaac; 09/05/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've said from the get go that I am in favor of a limited strike on the chemical weapon arsenals and those in control/possession of them. I've not once stated a belief or position that any specific political party or Assad should be the designed target.

lolol,..and Obama didn't say anything about a red line.

Are you two related?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by rkamp

Whats Syrian food like anyway? 2M refugees and growing, surely 250,000 sprinkled here and there throughout the US wont make a difference. I wonder how many Israel will be taking in?

How do you like lamb and/or chicken with yogurt sauce? Swarmas are pretty good. The bakalava is fantastic. I can only assume that Syria eats the same staples as Jordan.

All I can remember about the food from that area of the world.

The people seemed nice, but I really missed bacon. Probably ate it for a month when I got home.

Last edited by Charity; 09/05/13.
IC B2

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm sure you'll remain content in your confusion. Apples and oranges.

Not confused about anything.

In fact,...you've clarified much in the last couple of days.

===========

High school seniors love quips. They fail old men though when it's all they have to offer.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
nice quip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Unless you want to disperse the chemicals you have to burn them in a hot fire. You don't just smash them up.

I've not once stated a belief or position that any specific political party or Assad should be the designed target.

So who do we kill? What if Assad has not used them? Do we hit the rebels? Both?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe

lolol,..and Obama didn't say anything about a red line.

Are you two related?

======

You're frikken obtuse or can't understand the written word.

Try some evening remedial reading comprehension classes. They're over relatively early and you can get home in time to show us what you didn't learn.

William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
=========

For about the 6th time now, those in possession or control of the chemical weapon arsenals.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
=========

For about the 6th time now, those in possession or control of the chemical weapon arsenals.

Our intel out of Syria is so bad, we don't have a clue who has what or where it is. you've got dueling PR campaigns being run by the "rebel" media and the Assad/FSB axis....but the only targets available and identifiable would be the Syrian military's assets. And it's no more than 50/50 they're the ones who used the Sarin.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To view things as subjectively as you are, is inherently wrong.
=======

Subjectively is the norm. It has to be. It always has been.

Bullschit. Subjectivity is the path to being a pussy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Many here have executed folks long before their trial.

That's hilarious. You don't even know who released the sarin.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We need to bomb Syria and lose men and planes so our POS POTUS does not end up looking like a POS POTUS?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Well in that case, hand over your stars...

Travis

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Our intel out of Syria is so bad, we don't have a clue who has what or where it is.
=========

I don't know if that's true or not. Respecting you and your resources though, if it is true,then the strike should not occur.

I was more than specific, ad nauseum in fact, as to necessary identifiable targets before I'd agree to a strike.

William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Well in that case, hand over your stars...
=========

You'll pry them from my dead cold hands, compadre!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How would the possession or control question ever get sorted out?

From the reading I have been doing sounds like Shreck is exactly correct about it takes an extremely hot fire under controled conditions to destroy chemical weapons....

This vile "human insecticide" is reported to be stored in many many different locations.... Mostly in or near population centers.... Lobbing in bombs where we think it might be could result in God only knows how many deaths down wind from the impact locations.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

Get me a list of names and addresses and we'll get right on that!! Even if the US had that list, I guarantee you the locations have been changed by now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Good luck with that.

Travis

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (17Hunter, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 70 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,976
Posts18,480,799
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.