So, this is my ... Sixth? Pair of Meindls. I ordered them from, Hoffman Boots out of Kellogg ID. They're the, six inch V Cruiser, rated "C" class. They are actually made in, Slovenia ... But they're Meindl and they're the best I've found so far--I've had Cabela's and AJ Brooks. And they don't have the leather inside the collar anymore, Meindl did away with that ten years ago. But, I'm keeping them in spite of these drawbacks because Hoffman's resoles them for 85$! No other Meindls I've owned so far have been repairable and once the soles go they're trash. My last pair, some German-made Island Pros, rotted out at the soles! They were ten years old and the tops are still perfect, a shame
I have to toss 'em ... I would have had to send them back to Meindl to be resoled, not worth the risk in my estimation. Hoffman's only carries one model of hikers/work Meindl's, 6 or 10 in. V Cruiser. They are boot makers (4 generations, I understand) and cater to the lineman industry. I've been looking for an alternative source for Meindl boots in the US for some thirty years! Finally, Hoffman's may be it.